Linsenn

slu72

Is there a better (or even close to better) threesome of bigs in the A10 than :  20-21 Bell, French and Linssen;    21-22 Bell, Okoro and Linssen; and  22-23  Bell. Okoro and ? (whoever TF gets-maybe one of the Desmet bigs)?

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

Is there a better (or even close to better) threesome of bigs in the A10 than :  20-21 Bell, French and Linssen;    21-22 Bell, Okoro and Linssen; and  22-23  Bell. Okoro and ? (whoever TF gets-maybe one of the Desmet bigs)?

No.

GW is cobbling together something resembling a decent frontcourt but might be another year or two out.

UMass has a couple pieces they signed to build around Mitchell. Same for Bona, with two newcomers joining Osunniyi

URI is intriguing with the Mitchell twins coming in to join Harris, but they sit a year anyway. The frontcourt is basically just Harris and Walker in the meantime.

VCU will have Stockard and Medley-Bacon after a sit year but they're weak in the meantime.

That's what will be so painful if this season doesn't happen. Our frontcourt would dominate this league for a year before really getting challenged.

Pistol, I think Mitchell ( UMASS) will be gone after this year.  He was probably the runner-up for A 10POY last year and will likely be the best (most NBA ready) after this year, whether we play or not.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Best set of bigs since Tim Duncan, David Robinson, and Will Perdue joined forces for the San Antonio Spurs.

We need Linßen for this season. We don't need Lorentsson, who without summer workouts is probably locked in as 12th or even 13th in line for minutes in the upcoming season. Linßen needs to take a boat or a hot air balloon or something to get over here pronto. In both cases, I wouldn't underestimate how bad the US looks, in terms of public health, to countries like Sweden and Germany. Linßen has lived here for a while and is probably less concerned but I wouldn't be shocked in Lorentsson's parents are strongly discouraging him to study in the middle of a country that lacks any discipline at all in the face of a pandemic that requires it. 

Russell seems to have few other options and may be a preferred walk on. 

31 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

We need Linßen for this season. We don't need Lorentsson, who without summer workouts is probably locked in as 12th or even 13th in line for minutes in the upcoming season. Linßen needs to take a boat or a hot air balloon or something to get over here pronto. In both cases, I wouldn't underestimate how bad the US looks, in terms of public health, to countries like Sweden and Germany. Linßen has lived here for a while and is probably less concerned but I wouldn't be shocked in Lorentsson's parents are strongly discouraging him to study in the middle of a country that lacks any discipline at all in the face of a pandemic that requires it. 

Russell seems to have few other options and may be a preferred walk on. 

If we dont get Lorentsson for this year, Im not sure we get him ever. 

20 hours ago, wgstl said:

If we dont get Lorentsson for this year, Im not sure we get him ever. 

True. My sense is that he's the least-likely player on the roster to have success as a Billiken and he's already losing the summer weight training that he almost certainly needs. 

43 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

True. My sense is that he's the least-likely player on the roster to have success as a Billiken and he's already losing the summer weight training that he almost certainly needs. 

Man...I really think he's going to be a stud. I hope we see him in a Billiken uniform. 

3 minutes ago, slusam said:

I agree. I think he will end up redshirting this year since there won't be a lot of playing time available. 

Agreed.  I want any guy who shoots 45% from the 3 and meets RM's 180 test.  With Perkins and French on the team this year, there will be a serious crunch for #3 and #4 positions time, but we could sure use a shooter like Lorentsson the following year. You can never have enough scorers, assuming they are at least adequate in all other areas.