Javon Bess on ESPN

As one of the bigger losers on this board, I tuned into TBT a bit last night (game featured a team of Marquette alumni playing a team of CP3 alumni). They showed the bracket and it looks like Bess and his team of former Big Ten hoopers play tomorrow afternoon against Red Scare, the Dayton alumni team. Thought I would post that in case anyone is interested in catching some of the game, games are on ESPN.

BilliesBy40 likes this

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

As one of the bigger losers on this board, I tuned into TBT a bit last night (game featured a team of Marquette alumni playing a team of CP3 alumni). They showed the bracket and it looks like Bess and his team of former Big Ten hoopers play tomorrow afternoon against Red Scare, the Dayton alumni team. Thought I would post that in case anyone is interested in catching some of the game, games are on ESPN.

I’m right up there with you on the loser board, buddy. Lol. What time is the game? I have a day off tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m right up there with you on the loser board, buddy. Lol. What time is the game? I have a day off tomorrow.

Haha. The game is at 2:00 pm EDT. It looks like for the next few days they have two games a day at 2:00 and 4:00.

https://thetournament.com/tbt-2020-schedule

Reinert310 likes this

9 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha. The game is at 2:00 pm EDT. It looks like for the next few days they have two games a day at 2:00 and 4:00.

https://thetournament.com/tbt-2020-schedule

Nice! Thanks buddy.

TheChosenOne likes this

Just turned on the TBT (and of course it goes straight to commercial, I forgot it was 2:00 Eastern🤦🏻), looks like Javon and Big X are up 25-24 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter! Let’s go Javon!

6 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Just turned on the TBT (and of course it goes straight to commercial, I forgot it was 2:00 Eastern🤦🏻), looks like Javon and Big X are up 25-24 with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter! Let’s go Javon!

he hit a three then had a rebound and assist on the following play. 

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

Watching the game on my computer at work.  Javon is getting very frustrated about being on an incredibly selfish team.

the hughes guy is annoying me, I can see why bess is getting frustrated 

cgeldmacher likes this

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

the hughes guy is annoying me, I can see why bess is getting frustrated 

Yes.   Hughes is the main culprit.  I think he thinks this is his audition for the NBA.  Even if that's true, he's not showing well.

He’s still playing Javon Bess D. Big X up 38-33 at half.  He’s definitely been standing wide open in the corner. Hopefully, they find him in the 2nd half.

Important to note for anyone who hasn't watched in the past that TBT games have the Elam ending:

https://thetournament.com/elam-ending

Basically instead of a set amount of time on the clock, the clock turns off at the first dead ball with less than 4 minutes left.  A target score is reached by adding 8 points to the winning team's score at that point and the first team to reach that score wins.

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Just lost.  Bess was on a bad team.  He would have been better being with less talented, but also less selfish guys.

I was just bad shot after bad shot. It was appalling. They’re playing for $100,000+ each but seemed intent on “getting theirs.” So bad.

Hopefully, the scouts saw that Bess was giving up the ball when appropriate, and then just never getting it back.  Also, he played mostly good defense, with the exception of some lapses during a stretch in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

anyone still following this, anyone we care about still alive?

Willie Reed was eliminated a couple rounds ago.

Only 3 teams left

Overseas elite led by Joe Johnson beat the Red Scare (Dayton Alumni) today.  Overseas has Raphaele Putney from UMass on their team.  Red Scare had Devin Oliver, Ryan Mikesell, Trey Landers on the team.

Golden Eagles and Sideline Cancer are playing now.  Sideline Cancer has Four Mcglynn, Mo Creek, and Dion Wright, all former A-10 players.  Golden Ealges are all Marquette alums.  Former Tool Travis Diener plays for them.

1 minute ago, thetorch said:

Willie Reed was eliminated a couple rounds ago.

Only 3 teams left

Overseas elite led by Joe Johnson beat the Red Scare (Dayton Alumni) today.  Overseas has Raphaele Putney from UMass on their team.  Red Scare had Devin Oliver, Ryan Mikesell, Trey Landers on the team.

Golden Eagles and Sideline Cancer are playing now.  Sideline Cancer has Four Mcglynn, Mo Creek, and Dion Wright, all former A-10 players.  Golden Ealges are all Marquette alums.  Former Tool Travis Diener plays for them.

thanks a lot