Face Masks

slu72

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

So far on FB I’ve seen 4 ads for UD Flyers face masks. Our Billy face is perfect for a mask. Anyone here got a contact in the AD or bookstore should tell them to get in on this business. 

You’ve posted this twice now. I’m going to tell you again. The decision makers in the athletic department don’t give a fuok. It’s the same reason anytime you see an ad for some neat item online and you click on it only to find out that SLU isn’t available. Have you seen the trash merchandise in the team store? The bookstore is 1000 times better. 

rgbilliken and gobillsgo like this

33 minutes ago, slu72 said:

So far on FB I’ve seen 4 ads for UD Flyers face masks. Our Billy face is perfect for a mask. Anyone here got a contact in the AD or bookstore should tell them to get in on this business. 

If you're just looking to buy a Billiken face mask, Google is your friend.  Here is the first link that came up for me: https://www.redbubble.com/shop/billiken+masks

15 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

If you're just looking to buy a Billiken face mask, Google is your friend.  Here is the first link that came up for me: https://www.redbubble.com/shop/billiken+masks

I bought 4 of these. They are of average to above average quality. The connecting stitch from ear strap to face covering was a bit scratchy on my upper cheek. Other than that I recommend. They’ll take about 4 weeks to arrive, so understand that.

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

You’ve posted this twice now. I’m going to tell you again. The decision makers in the athletic department don’t give a fuok. It’s the same reason anytime you see an ad for some neat item online and you click on it only to find out that SLU isn’t available. Have you seen the trash merchandise in the team store? The bookstore is 1000 times better. 

As kind of a piggyback onto this, my sister makes cloth masks. I’m certain that if Billikens fabric existed, I would have a Billikens mask now. She also makes fleece blankets out of material she can get from fabric stores. She has been making these for more than 5 years with various designs including a wide variety of pro and college sports teams, and Billikens fabric just became available in January. From an apparel and licensing perspective, SLU has been bad for as long as I can remember. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 2:50 PM, DeSmetBilliken said:

As kind of a piggyback onto this, my sister makes cloth masks. I’m certain that if Billikens fabric existed, I would have a Billikens mask now. She also makes fleece blankets out of material she can get from fabric stores. She has been making these for more than 5 years with various designs including a wide variety of pro and college sports teams, and Billikens fabric just became available in January. From an apparel and licensing perspective, SLU has been bad for as long as I can remember. 

Jimmy?

I tried to get a Jersey for my daughter for a long time.  She wanted a French Jersey.  We sit pretty much at the end of the bench.  She wanted to modify the jersey and be able to rip it open (held together with Velcro) and have a Superman shirt underneath.  But we couldn’t find one and she lost interest in doing that.  Other kids wanted Jerseys also.  But sorry SLU doesn’t sell them.

29 minutes ago, Slowry said:

I tried to get a Jersey for my daughter for a long time.  She wanted a French Jersey.  We sit pretty much at the end of the bench.  She wanted to modify the jersey and be able to rip it open (held together with Velcro) and have a Superman shirt underneath.  But we couldn’t find one and she lost interest in doing that.  Other kids wanted Jerseys also.  But sorry SLU doesn’t sell them.

My guess is, in the coming years, those jerseys will become much more accessible with players now being able profit off their names and likenesses, jersey sales will start to become a recruiting tool. Until, that new law takes effect, it would be almost impossible for SLU to sell a “French” jersey. The school wouldn’t have been allowed to profit off of selling a French jersey without French also profiting. But if French would have taken any money, he would’ve been ineligible. It’s a rock and a hard place. I understand people having different opinions on paying college athletes, but them being able to make money off of their name and likeness seems like a no brainer good decision to me.