Top 144 is back

One of our hoped for opponents in NE, LSU just came in at #18 in the top 144 list and second in the SEC.  They did lose 2 of their top 3 scorers from last year, and are young with only one senior on the squad, but they do have 3 Top 10 incoming FR.  Our upperclass depth might be a good thing since we will be playing them at the beginning of the year when their group of FR might still be learning their system.

With losing the BC home game, I'm sure TF is getting to the point, in scheduling, that we just need games.  I can see where BC might not want to make the 1000+ mile  trip to STL, but what if Memphis' excuse?  Is Penny afraid of facing the Senior 3? 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bauman said:

One of our hoped for opponents in NE, LSU just came in at #18 in the top 144 list and second in the SEC.  They did lose 2 of their top 3 scorers from last year, and are young with only one senior on the squad, but they do have 3 Top 10 incoming FR.  Our upperclass depth might be a good thing since we will be playing them at the beginning of the year when their group of FR might still be learning their system.

With losing the BC home game, I'm sure TF is getting to the point, in scheduling, that we just need games.  I can see where BC might not want to make the 1000+ mile  trip to STL, but what if Memphis' excuse?  Is Penny afraid of facing the Senior 3? 

Just to add more some more context:  LSU returns 4 of their 6 top scorers, including a 6-9 forward who is preseason All-SEC.  And I think you meant 3 top 100 freshmen.  The highest ranked one is a top 25 player and he's the one projected to start at shooting guard.  I agree that it's best to get this squad early before they've had time to mesh.

bauman likes this