OT- OK ST and NCAA

-per USA Today ....

Oklahoma State was banned from the 2020-21 postseason, placed on probation for three years and lost three scholarships for the next three seasons along with several other recruiting penalties on Friday, the NCAA’s Division I Committee on Infractions announced. The ruling concludes an investigation that ruled former Cowboys associate coach Lamont Evans accepted bribes to influence student-athletes from 2016-17.

The university announced its intention to appeal the ruling, calling the ruling “unfair and unjust.”

-this is for ONE infraction, KU has FIVE so I guess KU will get applauded for keeping the number under 10 while OK St gets a one year ban

-other schools mentioned on FBI probe into college basketball recruiting that led to investigations at Kansas, LSU, Southern California, North Carolina State, Auburn, Arizona and Louisville

12 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-per USA Today ....

Oklahoma State was banned from the 2020-21 postseason, placed on probation for three years and lost three scholarships for the next three seasons along with several other recruiting penalties on Friday, the NCAA’s Division I Committee on Infractions announced. The ruling concludes an investigation that ruled former Cowboys associate coach Lamont Evans accepted bribes to influence student-athletes from 2016-17.

The university announced its intention to appeal the ruling, calling the ruling “unfair and unjust.”

-this is for ONE infraction, KU has FIVE so I guess KU will get applauded for keeping the number under 10 while OK St gets a one year ban

-other schools mentioned on FBI probe into college basketball recruiting that led to investigations at Kansas, LSU, Southern California, North Carolina State, Auburn, Arizona and Louisville

I bet the NCAA is trying desperately to bring down auburn.  The ncaa and coach pearl already have a bad past, and auburn isnt a blue blood. 

15 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-per USA Today ....

They’ll find a loophole for Kansas just like they did for UNC. UNC created fake classes for athletes and the NCAA concluded that fake classes technically weren’t against the rules at the time. Ummmmmm....what?

Just now, Reinert310 said:

They’ll find a loophole for Kansas just like they did for UNC. UNC created fake classes for athletes and the NCAA concluded that fake classes technically weren’t against the rules at the time. Ummmmmm....what?

It was actually pretty smart what UNC did, allowed 1 or 2 "normal"students aka non athletes to also take the class.  you could have 500 student athletes in the class but if 1 non student athlete is also in the class, its not a NCAA student athlete issue.

Agreed, ku wont get touched. 

Reinert310 likes this

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Disagree. I think because of UNC they will nail KU. The NCAA took a lot of heat because UNC got off on a technicality. 

Just now, willie said:

Disagree. I think because of UNC they will nail KU. The NCAA took a lot of heat because UNC got off on a technicality. 

I hope you’re right. But the NCAA could theoretically make the same statement by hammering Auburn (for the history with Pearl) and a Louisville (for their history of indiscretions) and others, and find a loophole to give KU a relative slap on the wrist, especially with Kansas being so steadfast in fighting it. That it had nothing to do with the coaches and the reps made deals with players behind their backs. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if KU gets out of this relatively unscathed.

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-per USA Today ....

I assume this all occurred the year after Travis Ford left Oklahoma State, correct? 

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Been discussed here before. The NCAA said they are not in the business of determining what is a valid college class. As long as a class is open to ALL students, anything goes.

I think they left out Creighton. They were under investigation too, at least for awhile. OSU gets a ban for 1 violation. KU ? And I think they've got Self on tape involved in the negotiations. If they get off Scott free it will prove they're a joke. 

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

That is not what the NCAA said.  What they ruled was that while the classes were fake all students not just athletes had access to the classes so there was no special treatment given to athletes.  I agree it makes no sense but whatever.

42 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think they left out Creighton. They were under investigation too, at least for awhile. OSU gets a ban for 1 violation. KU ? And I think they've got Self on tape involved in the negotiations. If they get off Scott free it will prove they're a joke. 

They do not

1 hour ago, willie said:

This.

OSU was facing 1 violation 

Rock Chalk is looking at 5. I think the NCAA knows the backlash will be to much to handle if they give them a slap on the wrist. 
KU fans should be worried.