Jimmy Bell Jr.

As an athlete I feel like this quarantine made me realize how bad i want to be great at basketball and how dedicated i am to this sport. I think it’s brought out another side of me that I needed to get at. my workouts have been great and my body feeling even better!!

This is what you want to hear. JB Jr dominating next year

I don't know if it has anything to do with Situation 2 and Gordon, but it seems like Travis is really trying to bring in high quality guys who have their heads on straight.  I obviously like the talent on our roster, but also love the fact that they all appear to be good, hard working, driven guys.

AGB91, slufanskip and bauman like this

9 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with Situation 2 and Gordon, but it seems like Travis is really trying to bring in high quality guys who have their heads on straight.  I obviously like the talent on our roster, but also love the fact that they all appear to be good, hard working, driven guys.

Totally agree. If you follow Hargrove on Instagram, he often takes kids or his dad shopping for news clothes or shoes. We have a great group of young men.

I am happy to see this post from Jimmy. I was hoping to see that he was staying with his diet and strength conditioning while he is away from campus.  I hope we get these guys back on campus soon, Jimmy can make significant improvements in his offensive game with practice and drills. 

You could see Jimmy recognizing the one on one coverage, and hesetate while thinking about what to do next.  He just didn't have the repetitions to spin to the hoop for a layup,  shot or dunk. 

On 6/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, cgeldmacher said:

Character and chemistry can take you a long way.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

7 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Jimmy who? Where?  All I see is a locomotive 🤣

Jimmy Bell Jr. aka "The Locomotive"

I liked Jimmy when I heard he’d lost like 80lbs last year on a special diet. Now this. I really think this kid is out to prove he’s a player not just a big body space eater. Also, he showed some pretty good footwork as the season went on. His FT’s looked good and I hope he can develop that form into a mid range jumper. If so, he’s gonna end up being a special Billiken. He gets my gem in the rough award of last year. 

Major Majerus and meerkat like this

56 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I liked Jimmy when I heard he’d lost like 80lbs last year on a special diet. Now this. I really think this kid is out to prove he’s a player not just a big body space eater. Also, he showed some pretty good footwork as the season went on. His FT’s looked good and I hope he can develop that form into a mid range jumper. If so, he’s gonna end up being a special Billiken. He gets my gem in the rough award of last year. 

For sure! He did hit a few mid-range jumpers late in the season. I think a lot of the progress he made last year was about confidence. Even though he knew how hard he had already worked, and even though he was starting, I think he kinda had to prove to himself that he belonged, more worried about not making mistakes than being aggressive with his game. And you could tell he made one or two more plays (whether it be getting a bucket, or defensive stop or a big board) and got a little more comfortable with every game that went by.  I fully expect The Locomotive‘s talent to really shine starting this season (I think the same thing of Hargrove, but this is the Jimmy Bell Jr. thread lol).

Jimmy showed what a big time player he will be in the Rhode Island game.  French went out with 6 minutes in the game with 4 fouls and never returned because how well Bell played.  Bell scored defended and rebounded and never gave Rhode Island a chance to come back.

Jimmy has proven he can close out games with his free throw shooting so go ahead opponents foul Bell at the end of games I want Bell on line in the closing minutes of games.

Jimmy could turn out to be one of the biggest misses in recruiting.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

With those 3 hack him if he starts to go off. I think UMass is the sleeper team in the A10. I know everyone’s thinking SLU and Richmond are the top 2, but w/A player like Mitchell anything’s possible. 

Good luck with that.  Mitchell shot almost 73% from the FT line last year.  In our first match up (SLU winner in OT at Chaifetz) Mitchell shot 9-11 from the line on his way to 20 points.

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Good luck with that.  Mitchell shot almost 73% from the FT line last year.  In our first match up (SLU winner in OT at Chaifetz) Mitchell shot 9-11 from the line on his way to 20 points.

Yeah, but he'll be tired and beat up w/ our 15 fouls to give. 😎 I would say next to JGood he might be the fave for A10 POY. Kid's good. 

Mitchell is a good big man in a conference void of similar players.  We look decent as does the Bonnies with Osunniyi and Shaw but everyone else is one-and-done.  Golden.  Wilson.  Tshimanga.  Hughes.  Some have none like Geedubya, Rhodey, St. Joes, La Salle.  And Davidson is more finesse than brute strength.