Carter Chapley Political Tweets on Billiken Board

Can the board moderator or somebody take down the political tweets?  Need to keep politics off of this site.  This is a sports board right?  Get enough of this political stuff elsewhere and I find it very offensive for this venue.

AGB91 and dennis_w like this

40 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Can the board moderator or somebody take down the political tweets?  Need to keep politics off of this site.  This is a sports board right?  Get enough of this political stuff elsewhere and I find it very offensive for this venue.

Agree 100% with you.  In fact most of Chapley's recent tweets or retweets have gone completely off the track.  Why are they being posted on the front page of this Board?

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

Agree 100% with you.  In fact most of Chapley's recent tweets or retweets have gone completely off the track.  Why are they being posted on the front page of this Board?

The home page of the website (billikens.com) is not part of the board.

My guess is that if Steve removed Chapley's tweets from the feed, it would have to remove all of them and wouldn't be able to filter them by content.

Littlebill likes this

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

I think it’s automatic because he covers the Bills. It doesn’t bother me, but I understand if it bothers other people. 

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

If it’s that offensive to you, set your browser shortcut to the forum instead of bills.com homepage

or just scroll past it?

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The home page of the website (billikens.com) is not part of the board.

My guess is that if Steve removed Chapley's tweets from the feed, it would have to remove all of them and wouldn't be able to filter them by content.

Then change my word "Board" in the above post to "website"  and take the tweets off.  This "website" is not a political forum-there are plenty of those that liberals and conservative can post on.  Easy solution to your guess about Steve's "problem"-eliminate ALL Chapley tweets.  If he wants to post on this website/Board then keep it basketball related or identify as OT.

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

If it’s that offensive to you, set your browser shortcut to the forum instead of bills.com homepage

or just scroll past it?

This is "Billikens.com" not Politics.com or as you write "bills.com."  Why should we be forced to bypass the homepage ?  That's not the solution.  The solution is pretty easy.  Stop the political cr@p on a Billikens sports website.  I don't think anybody signs on to this site wanting to get their fill of politics.  If you like the right go to FOX, if you like the left go to the Post - Disgrace.

AGB91 and dennis_w like this

The feeds of the media who cover slu are auto linked to the front page. If you don’t want to see all the content, then don’t read it and link straight to the message board. I reviewed his tweets, and he isn’t saying anything inappropriate even if not everyone agrees win him. I am going to lock this thread to preempt a political discussion.  

11 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

This is correct.

Edit: If someone can tell me how to filter the public display of a "Twitter list" I would be happy to look into applying filters.  Please note, I can filter a Twitter list so that the filters apply when I the list owner see it (this requires going through TweetDeck), but I cannot make these filters apply to the public sharing of this list to the best of my knowledge.  But I welcome knowing how if this is possible.