Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
OkieBilliken

Billiken Live Sports Update

Recommended Posts

Billiken alum Vedad Ibisevic scores a goal in Hertha Berlin's 3-0 victory over Hoffenheim.      Thats all I got.  Cant watch any more Korean baseball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Billiken alum Vedad Ibisevic scores a goal in Hertha Berlin's 3-0 victory over Hoffenheim.      Thats all I got.  Cant watch any more Korean baseball.  

Bundesliga is one of the most entertaining soccer leagues in the world. Worth checking out for anyone who is starving for sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OkieBilliken said:

Billiken alum Vedad Ibisevic scores a goal in Hertha Berlin's 3-0 victory over Hoffenheim.      Thats all I got.  Cant watch any more Korean baseball.  

I was a student at SLU when Vedad was a Billiken. Was a lot of fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

He looks OLD which makes me feel OLD!

image.jpeg.f06a0d5e16e716ad45ad45521f78e445.jpeg

 

7 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I was a student at SLU when Vedad was a Billiken. Was a lot of fun to watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

 

He looks OLD which makes me feel OLD!

image.jpeg.f06a0d5e16e716ad45ad45521f78e445.jpeg

 

 

Not as old as I look...and we were at SLU at the same time (not sure if that makes you feel any better or worse, but it DID motivate me to go to the gym today. Lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its sad whats happened to the program that I think Vedad and Tim Ream (Fulham) are the only active professionals left playing in a major league from SLU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Its sad whats happened to the program that I think Vedad and Tim Ream (Fulham) are the only active professionals left playing in a major league from SLU

I mean it’s kinda like that for all of college soccer. The best U18 players just sign Pro deals 99% of the time these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gobillsgo said:

I mean it’s kinda like that for all of college soccer. The best U18 players just sign Pro deals 99% of the time these days. 

I also heard a lot of professional leagues are actively discouraging kids from playing college soccer because the college schedule is so F’ed up that it leads to a lot of injuries and bad habits, etc. I love soccer but don’t follow as closely as I probably should. Can anybody with more knowledge confirm or deny this? I do know a lot of college coaches have been lobbying for schedule changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Bundesliga is one of the most entertaining soccer leagues in the world. Worth checking out for anyone who is starving for sports.

I’m good on the zero defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I also heard a lot of professional leagues are actively discouraging kids from playing college soccer because the college schedule is so F’ed up that it leads to a lot of injuries and bad habits, etc. I love soccer but don’t follow as closely as I probably should. Can anybody with more knowledge confirm or deny this? I do know a lot of college coaches have been lobbying for schedule changes.

But the far bigger and more pressing question hanging over men’s college soccer right now must be decided by a more powerful panel: The NCAA Division I Council, which was all set to vote this week on the “21st Century Model” proposal to extend the men’s D-I season to a two-semester (fall-spring) schedule, with potentially dramatic benefits for both the college game and American soccer as a whole.

Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, that vote has been tabled indefinitely. And as understandable as that is given the wider situation, it’s yet another delay in a reform effort that’s run some seven years – and literally can’t happen soon enough, given the aforementioned wider situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Speyburn said:

But the far bigger and more pressing question hanging over men’s college soccer right now must be decided by a more powerful panel: The NCAA Division I Council, which was all set to vote this week on the “21st Century Model” proposal to extend the men’s D-I season to a two-semester (fall-spring) schedule, with potentially dramatic benefits for both the college game and American soccer as a whole.

Thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, that vote has been tabled indefinitely. And as understandable as that is given the wider situation, it’s yet another delay in a reform effort that’s run some seven years – and literally can’t happen soon enough, given the aforementioned wider situation.

Thanks for the info! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

 

He looks OLD which makes me feel OLD!

image.jpeg.f06a0d5e16e716ad45ad45521f78e445.jpeg

 

 

Kinda hopeful that MLS4theLou bring him back when he’s ready for his just-before-retirement MLS contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a 30 second period Ibisevic scores a goal and sets up another for Hertha  Berlin.   Very cool!!!!!  Glad I took the day off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slusam said:

2016 GW game on Fox  Midwest. LaSalle up next

GDT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...