Mike McCall Jr.

Thanks for posting that and welcome to the board! I too always thought he was underappreciated. And I didn't realize he had some nice offers too. Came to play for Rick but ended up playing for the next coach while we were still very good. Glad it worked out for him.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

One of the more under appreciated players the Bills have ever had.

Definitely. If he wasn’t on a team with Jett, Evans, and Loe for four years, I think he would be talked about as one of the better players we’ve had.  I’m glad he was though, as those were certainly some of the better teams we’ve had. 

Besides Burns and Mckinney, McCall may have been the fastest Billiken.  I love that he was so bad defensively that he was benched for a large portion of the sophomore season, even had a dnp-coaches decision game.  Comes back from it and becomes one of the premier perimeter defenders in Billikens history.  Off ball defense was his specialty.  He just wouldn't let his man get the ball.  Another reason why he gets overlooked.