Up To Date A10 OOC Schedules

For those interested, there are some additions to the lists from the post above.  Simply click on the link again. 

Richmond looks to have almost completed their OOC schedule. Rhode Island has added a bunch of games too.

One game that disappeared from this table is a N site game at PPG Paints Arena of Pitt v Duquesne.  Pitt apparently canceled the game for this upcoming season and 21-22, although Pitt has offered a home only game in 21-22.  I guess PItt is doing their best to minimize expenses.  That cross city bus ride is a budget breaker.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

A10Talk quote tweeted the second Rothstein tweet saying they have “plenty of opportunities to build the resume for an at-large bid.“

with that roster they’ll be trotting out this season, let’s hope they win 12 games all year

Richmond is currently slated to play true road games at Kentucky, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Vanderbilt, and Charleston as part of its non-conference schedule next season. The Spiders will also host MVC favorite Northern Iowa in the start of a home-and-home series.

Interesting.  This is an extremely aggressive OOC, with 5 true road games.  There will be some L's in there, but how will they impact the NET?

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Richmond is currently slated to play true road games at Kentucky, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Vanderbilt, and Charleston as part of its non-conference schedule next season. The Spiders will also host MVC favorite Northern Iowa in the start of a home-and-home series.

Interesting.  This is an extremely aggressive OOC, with 5 true road games.  There will be some L's in there, but how will they impact the NET?

This is the mindset of what tFord talked about.  Better to have good L's than average or below average W's

37 minutes ago, wgstl said:

This is the mindset of what tFord talked about.  Better to have good L's than average or below average W's

Agree 100%. I'd rather play a top 15 team tough and lose by 5 points than beat High Point by 12. 

TheChosenOne likes this

53 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Agree 100%. I'd rather play a top 15 team tough and lose by 5 points than beat High Point by 12. 

In general I agree with you, but remember that we get value out of a few blood donors (Hi Pt; FL Glf Cst: E Wash) at the beginning of each season to allow the team to jell and for the coaches to test various combinations and see how players are reacting in game situations.

Major Majerus likes this

11 minutes ago, bauman said:

In general I agree with you, but remember that we get value out of a few blood donors (Hi Pt; FL Glf Cst: E Wash) at the beginning of each season to allow the team to jell and for the coaches to test various combinations and see how players are reacting in game situations.

I agree those “blood donors” help a team get into game shape both physically and mentally, but I also think it depends on the season. This season, with all the guys we have coming back, I think we should schedule less of the Little Sisters Of The Blind than we did last year with 7 newcomers.

4 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I agree those “blood donors” help a team get into game shape both physically and mentally, but I also think it depends on the season. This season, with all the guys we have coming back, I think we should schedule less of the Little Sisters Of The Blind than we did last year with 7 newcomers.

Agree, but we still need a few to fill out the home schedule and to incorporate 3 newcomers and two returnees who played less than 1/2 the season.  Remember out of our 12 member (hopefully) active roster this year, only 7 played more than 10 games together, so there will still be a getting-to-know-you phase for the team to go through.

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

Agree, but we still need a few to fill out the home schedule and to incorporate 3 newcomers and two returnees who played less than 1/2 the season.  Remember out of our 12 member (hopefully) active roster this year, only 7 played more than 10 games together, so there will still be a getting-to-know-you phase for the team to go through.

Agreed. I’m not saying we shouldn’t schedule any cupcakes. I’m not sure we could accomplish that even if we wanted to. But it should take less time to get into mid season form.

bauman likes this