KC to Chattanooga

2 hours ago, billsfan03 said:

Junior will sit out a year according to his social media.

Yes, congrats to KC.  With the one free transfer rule not likely to move forward for next season, there will be a FLOOD of transfer waiver requests for the NCAA to wade through.  They will be COVID related - I need (want) to be closer to home, or they will be "I was told the one time free waiver rule would be in effect" so I entered the portal.  So while KC does need to plan on sitting a year, I'd certainly file a request for a waiver if I were him.

Fun fact I rode the Chattanooga Choo Choo as a child.

Not closer to home but a nice up and coming town in a beautiful area.  

Hasn't Chattanooga HC been a stepping stone job to ACC gigs?

Google search reveals LSU HC Will Wade (via VCU), Mack McCarthy to VCU then ECU, UMASS HC Matt McCall and maybe some others I give up on my search.  I think I was confusing Chattanooga with Appalachian State Bobby Cremins and Buzz Peterson.

Might be an interesting discussion what is the all-time coaching stepping stone school?  I mean how would you measure it by shear #s that went on to a bigger program or school that produced winning coaches or a hybrid.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

But did you "See Rock City"?  Did you make it through Fat Man's Squeeze?  (Or have they changed the name of the geologic feature as to not offend weight challenged people?)  Did you see the Seven States?

Just now, HoosierPal said:

But did you "See Rock City"?  Did you make it through Fat Man's Squeeze?  (Or have they changed the name of the geologic feature as to not offend weight challenged people?)  Did you see the Seven States?

Lookout mountain yes but I didn't do Rick City or Ruby Falls.

All this prominently featured in "American Gods" by Neill Gaiman perhaps KCH is a fan.

Google search reveals LSU HC Will Wade (via VCU), Mack McCarthy to VCU then ECU, UMASS HC Matt McCall and maybe some others I give up on my search.  I think I was confusing Chattanooga with Appalachian State Bobby Cremins and Buzz Peterson.

Might be an interesting discussion what is the all-time coaching stepping stone school?  I mean how would you measure it by shear #s that went on to a bigger program or school that produced winning coaches or a hybrid.

Based on sheer output, VCU has been a big one the past 15 years. Capel to Oklahoma, Grant to Alabama, Shaka to Texas, and Wade to LSU. Interestingly, out of that group, Shaka is the only one who didn't serve as an assistant at VCU prior to being hired as head coach.

I saw the movie Chattanooga choo choo when I was a kid.  Does this count?

On 5/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, TheA_Bomb said:

I mean it's like half the distance from Chattanooga to Charlotte by car.