Jimerson and Weaver Honored for Academic Work

That's awesome.

Jimerson was billed as a high academic kid. That's true of basically all of our incoming players, as well.

And good on Weaver. It stands out to me because we've seen so much about how grad transfers aren't seeing their degrees through, how they're coasting on 1-2 classes a semester that they don't have to take seriously, etc.

53 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Gibson Jimerson and Tay Weaver were among 104 Billiken athletes who received straight A's in either the first or second or both semesters this past school year.

Men's Basketball
Gibson Jimerson, International Business
Tay Weaver, Student Personnel Administration

-that's great, congratulations

• 4 weeks later...

TJ Hargrove posted on his Instagram that he had a 3.28. I’m assuming that’s for spring semester. That’s honor roll, isn’t it? I feel old, it’s been so long since I was in school, I can’t remember what counts as honor roll. Either way, he’s obviously taking school seriously. Good for them! Go Bills!

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Straight Bs except for a C!  Hook 'em Horns!

That’s the ol’ Reinert310 college plan. Nice to see the longhorn football team following in my footsteps!

HoosierPal likes this

The pressure of performing in the class and on the court is tough and it is one big reason I have been a fan of SLU basketball.

Way to go TJ on your academics.

Someday soon our smart athletic players will make it to the final 4.

slufanskip likes this

42 minutes ago, Pistol said:

A 3.25 GPA is really something. That's high enough to maintain most academic scholarships at SLU. It's also significantly higher than where it was back in my day (and I'm guessing most other eras, too). Excellent work.

3.25 gpa means you are equipped with the tools to be successful in this world. Props to the team and staff.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:49 PM, Reinert310 said:

TJ Hargrove posted on his Instagram that he had a 3.28. I’m assuming that’s for spring semester. That’s honor roll, isn’t it? I feel old, it’s been so long since I was in school, I can’t remember what counts as honor roll. Either way, he’s obviously taking school seriously. Good for them! Go Bills!

at one time, hargrove was a leading contender for valedictorian of his high school class.   i do not know how he finished or maybe he was valedictorian, but my point is hargrove has always been labeled a good student.

This is not directed at any player, team, or school, but I'd think if one looked nationwide at grades that were reported for the spring of 2020, they are much higher than normal. Nobody is going to be flunked out during a pandemic and teachers were lenient in all of their grading. This is likely true from kindergarten to masters degrees.

slufan13 likes this

17 minutes ago, kshoe said:

This is not directed at any player, team, or school, but I'd think if one looked nationwide at grades that were reported for the spring of 2020, they are much higher than normal. Nobody is going to be flunked out during a pandemic and teachers were lenient in all of their grading. This is likely true from kindergarten to masters degrees.

I certainly hope no one flunks out of kindergarten. 

19 minutes ago, willie said:

I certainly hope no one flunks out of kindergarten. 

*Reinert310 hangs his head and slowly backs away, hoping no one will notice*   

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

*Reinert310 hangs his head and slowly backs away, hoping no one will notice*   

hillarious.   thanks for the best post in awhile.   made me smile.  😄

Reinert310 likes this

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

I'm sure this is true.  I know of at least one St. Louis area school high school that did not allow any student's grades to go down during virtual learning.  Students could improve their grades, but they couldn't be any worse than they were when in-person learning stopped.

This is totally understandable / probably the correct thing to do given the circumstances, but grades for spring 2020 just need to be put into context and can't really be compared historically.

Several Local HS allowed seniors to opt out completely of e-learning, with their GPA final as of mid term. 

The thought was that most seniors going to college have been accepted at colleges, so what was the point of making them continue.