Questions

BilliKat

Did jimmerson and thatch both get a red shirt? ( I’ve been really busy and not able to read through the board as much. I’m sure this has been addressed some where, right?)

how are they both doing? 

13 minutes ago, BilliKat said:

Did jimmerson and thatch both get a red shirt? ( I’ve been really busy and not able to read through the board as much. I’m sure this has been addressed some where, right?)

how are they both doing? 

It hasn't been announced yet.  Thats the only bit I know.  They should both get it, at the very least Fred should be golden. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I thought Thatch was announced already but not Jimerson.

He is just so awesome. I don’t know that it’s ever been harder to pick a favorite! There’s so many class acts on our team that are just BA! 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I thought Thatch was announced already but not Jimerson.

hmm I had not seen this. I was under the impression that coach ford said they would seek the redshirt after the season, and that he felt very confident that they would receive it too. 

According to the rules, a redshirt can be applied for providing that a player participated in 30% or less of the team's games.  If you take it by games, 31 games by 30% is 9.3 games.  Thatch played in 6 games; Jimmmerson in 10.  If you take it by minutes, adding 15 for three overtime games this year, that is 1,255 minutes by 30% equals 377 minutes.  Thatch played in 94 minutes; Jimmmerson in 249.  So both are technically eligible by those rules although the ten games by Jimmmerson is slightly over the games limit.  Both were sidelined by injuries so "medical redshirt" should not be an issue.

When one applies for said redshirt is a question.  I would assume it would be done when the season is over and the numbers are final (as they are now).  Given Gibson's borderline status, I would guess that decision lies with the NCAA --- which is never a good thing, or so it seems.  Thatch should be a no-brainer.