moytoy12

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Crews teams = our bench now

Our Bench could whoop any of the Crews teams after Majerus’ guys were gone. 

assuming we start YC, JG, JP, HF, JB...

next five of FTJr, DMJ, GJ, TJH, and Linsson...  that second five would be competitive with most A10 teams this year... and would definitely run any Crews 5 off the court.  That doesn’t take Lorentsson or Strickland into account either. 

I will caution that I felt this good about our team a couple years ago as well... then Santos left, Gordon transferred, and we had some injuries that quickly left us with a short bench again. 

Littlebill likes this

30 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

A10 Refs already licking their chops over the amount of fouls they’ll have to call to keep games competitive for our opponents.  I absolutely love that Ford has turned us into one of the most physical teams in the country. Long way from the Crews days

All we have to do is become the top team in the league and then they will have to protect us by not calling fouls.

I have no idea of how good this guy is, but he's a direct fill-in for Hankton's spot in the scholarship grid and almost surely an upgrade given his stats.  And if nothing else, he can play French's minutes during the final stretch to help with foul shooting

1 minute ago, SShoe said:

I have no idea of how good this guy is, but he's a direct fill-in for Hankton's spot in the scholarship grid and almost surely an upgrade given his stats.  And if nothing else, he can play French's minutes during the final stretch to help with foul shooting

We also definitely needed another backup big, with Has and JBJ both prone to some foul trouble.

4 minutes ago, NH said:

We also definitely needed another backup big, with Has and JBJ both prone to some foul trouble.

Linssen averaged 2.7 fouls a game in 20.5 MPG, so he's also no stranger to foul trouble.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I wonder if this German takes the place of the Swede?

Nope.   The streets are talking and I just heard all is well. Turns out the suitcase of cash we dropped off contained Euro's and Andre said no -- prefers good 'ole American dollars.   That God for Dr. C!!

Just now, Clock_Tower said:

Nope.   The streets are talking and I just heard all is well. Turns out the suitcase of cash we dropped off contained Euro's and Andre said no -- prefers good 'ole American dollars.   That God for Dr. C!!

I hope you are right.  I really like adding a Freshman like Andre, 6'8" and can shoot from beyond the arc and at the FT line.  Also adding a German and a Swede with their foreign, last name pronunciations must be giving "Gus" nightmares

I really like that he finishes well with those left handed hooks in the middle of the lane. Has prefers the other block and going into the middle with his right, so hopefully that makes it a bit easier for them to share the floor!

Love having three bigs who can score 1v1 in the post, teams won’t get a break with these three in the rotation.