Pick 3

Fraz42

41 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

He was the easiest choice to make, by far.

Definitely.

4 year player...Check
All time leading scorer...Check

All time leading Rebounder...Check

All time steals leader...Check 

Minutes played leader...Check

Still involved with the program...check

Local guy...check

NBA....check 

And most importantly...Got me excited about Billiken basketball at a young age!

7 hours ago, Fraz42 said:

Me and my buddies are having a lot of fun with this.  Hughes and Lisch are fersure.  I’m probably going with French too.

64D9D006-F6A3-4C73-BD61-26AC385BDA8B.png

For a 3 vs 3 game.

Bonner (best inside player in last 60 years

Goodwin (will own every loose ball and rebound not gotten by Bonner)

Hughes 

I'm lacking some 3 point shooting but I'll dominate you everywhere else and probably get 50% more shots than most teams. There really isn't a great 3 point shooter on the list. 

If I get a 4th for a sub I'll take Lisch as he's as close to a great 3 point shooter as this list has. If I could go off list I'd take Claggs here instead and I'd have trouble deciding him or JGood

29 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

at 2.3 attempts a game. 1 year at 45% last 2 years 35%

Not a sniper but also a decent shooter. He’s gotta be up there for most 3s made in a game in SLU history 

3 hours ago, NH said:

Not a sniper but also a decent shooter. He’s gotta be up there for most 3s made in a game in SLU history 

I don't know how many has he made in 1 game?  I'd agree decent shooter, enough to keep you honest, nothing more. 

4 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Where is Evans? 

Marquee Perry. His Sr year is probably  one of the 5 or 6 best seasons for a Billiken over the last 30 years and his Jr and Sr seasons were better than Lisch, Liddell, or Kwamain. Marquee sometimes seems to be forgotten when you talk about the best Billikens ever as is Justin Love even though he only played 2 years. 

On 4/10/2020 at 1:45 AM, slufanskip said:

Marquee Perry. His Sr year is probably  one of the 5 or 6 best seasons for a Billiken over the last 30 years and his Jr and Sr seasons were better than Lisch, Liddell, or Kwamain. Marquee sometimes seems to be forgotten when you talk about the best Billikens ever as is Justin Love even though he only played 2 years. 

Kwamain wasn't the same after the situation.  His killer instinct was gone.  Feel like sophomore Kwamain wouldn't let Conklin be a star over him.

Perry's peak was better than Lisch, or Mitchell.

Billiken lead guards go 1. Jett 2. Burns 3. Perry

slufanskip likes this

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Kwamain wasn't the same after the situation.  His killer instinct was gone.  Feel like sophomore Kwamain wouldn't let Conklin be a star over him.

Perry's peak was better than Lisch, or Mitchell.

Billiken lead guards go 1. Jett 2. Burns 3. Perry

Respectfully Torch I respect your Billiken knowledge but I thought Mitchell was sensational after situation 1, in my opinion.  I remember in the NCAA tournament playing Memphis he was locked in and hit that 30 footer with time running out on the shot clock.  I look at the killer instinct as making big shots at big time of the game and I saw plenty of that after situation 1.

I agree about Perry's peak and all of the fans will never forget beating Louisville and Earl Austin's reaction.

Be well.

25 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Respectfully Torch I respect your Billiken knowledge but I thought Mitchell was sensational after situation 1, in my opinion.  I remember in the NCAA tournament playing Memphis he was locked in and hit that 30 footer with time running out on the shot clock.  I look at the killer instinct as making big shots at big time of the game and I saw plenty of that after situation 1.

I agree about Perry's peak and all of the fans will never forget beating Louisville and Earl Austin's reaction.

Be well.

Mitchell still had big moments but I would have bet he averaged 18 ppg his Jr and St year vs the 12 he averaged instead. 

CBFan likes this

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Mitchell still had big moments but I would have bet he averaged 18 ppg his Jr and St year vs the 12 he averaged instead. 

I know what you’re saying and I generally agree. But what I respected most about Kwamain in his last two seasons is that he seemed to save his best for big games. When we needed a bucket against Memphis, VCU, @Butler, he was the one who you wanted to have the ball.

2 minutes ago, NH said:

I know what you’re saying and I generally agree. But what I respected most about Kwamain in his last two seasons is that he seemed to save his best for big games. When we needed a bucket against Memphis, VCU, @Butler, he was the one who you wanted to have the ball.

This why we love Kwmain!