Billiken Vault

On 6/6/2020 at 8:56 PM, billikenfan05 said:

A little surprise coming for you guys tomorrow. Make sure you check https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsvJmviAdNdku6QWWu8J-xw/ tomorrow morning.

The cameras always loved showing Huggins at the end of a game when his team was losing a game they weren't supposed to be losing.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/6/2020 at 8:56 PM, billikenfan05 said:

A little surprise coming for you guys tomorrow. Make sure you check https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsvJmviAdNdku6QWWu8J-xw/ tomorrow morning.

This is awesome 05. Thanks. I haven’t seen this game since it originally aired. I remember that night, my buddy’s dad was driving us to our off-season soccer game and he didn’t know we won. He said something like “I wonder how bad Cindy beat SLU today?” I told him we won and his jaw almost hit the gas pedal lol. It’s 1 of those memories that always sticks in my mind for some reason.

14 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

This is awesome 05. Thanks. I haven’t seen this game since it originally aired. I remember that night, my buddy’s dad was driving us to our off-season soccer game and he didn’t know we won. He said something like “I wonder how bad Cindy beat SLU today?” I told him we won and his jaw almost hit the gas pedal lol. It’s 1 of those memories that always sticks in my mind for some reason.

Stay tuned for some more fun. I don’t want to jinx it but I’m working on something else.

I’m going to have to watch that Cincy game. I’ve never seen it. I was in high school and it was a day game. I heard in between classes that SLU was winning because one teacher was a diehard SLU fan and turned the game on during class and my friends in his class told me. I couldn’t sit still during the last class of the day and made a run for a computer as soon as school ended.

15 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I’m going to have to watch that Cincy game. I’ve never seen it. I was in high school and it was a day game. I heard in between classes that SLU was winning because one teacher was a diehard SLU fan and turned the game on during class and my friends in his class told me. I couldn’t sit still during the last class of the day and made a run for a computer as soon as school ended.

I was in high school too, but we convinced some teachers to turn it on as long as we still kept doing our work. 

I have never seen that game I listened to Bob and Earl at work.

Thank you Zach it was a fun watch during lunch.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:51 PM, DeSmetBilliken said:

I remember listening on the radio during study hall.

i was one of about 25 fans that was at the cincy game during the conf usa miracle in memphis weekend.   after the game i was interviewed on a memphis tv station wanting to know how it was even possible we won and if i thought we could win the conference tourney.    i said, "of course.  we wouldnt be here if we didnt think the billikens could win.  justin love is the best player in the conference and proved it today."  

cincy fans standing nearby went crazy.   i was called every name in the book.  god it felt great.   of course two days later our crowd had grown into triple digits and every single billiken fan was claiming they were there the entire week.   ha.

• 1 month later...

Didn't know where to put this but the man who couldn't make his FTs against us, TJ Warren, just put up 53 points for the Pacers against the 76ers. shooting 20 of 29 and 9 of 12 from 3.  His previous high was 40 points 3 years ago.  He was recently traded to the Pacers from the Suns for cash considerations.

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Didn't know where to put this but the man who couldn't make his FTs against us, TJ Warren, just put up 53 points for the Pacers against the 76ers. shooting 20 of 29 and 9 of 12 from 3.  His previous high was 40 points 3 years ago.  He was recently traded to the Pacers from the Suns for cash considerations.

Pretty decent night.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, BC1764 said:

Bonner's final game, from Jeff Ponder

Nice, but this wasn't even close to Bonner's final game as a Billiken. 

In his very next game, 3/1/90, he had the best Billiken game ever, 45/20/5.  And I believe this was the NIT year with a close loss to Vandy in the final.

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Nice, but this wasn't even close to Bonner's final game as a Billiken. 

In his very next game, 3/1/90, he had the best Billiken game ever, 45/20/5.  And I believe this was the NIT year with a close loss to Vandy in the final.

It was his last game at Kiel:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/saint-louis/1990-schedule.html

22 hours ago, BC1764 said:

Bonner's final game, from Jeff Ponder

Wow talk about taking a trip down memory lane. That Shop N Save commercial transported me back to my parent's couch. 

What's hilarious is that I just saw Tom Holley at the Webster Groves St. Louis Panera Bread Company 20 minutes ago hanging with his boys and crushing pastries.

BC1764 likes this