Billiken Vault

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Found a couple of random games from 06-07 UNC and SJU. Hope to have one or both edited down and uploaded today 

I remember the Danny Brown dunk from that SJU game like it was yesterday.

brianstl likes this

Crews made some dreadful choices in coaching this NC St game.   Manning, McBroom, and Glaze all playing big mins in the first half.  McBroom trying to guard Kat Barber is just hilarious.  Jett, McCall, and Evans should have played 38+ mins on this team.  I was such a Crews apologist when he was riding Majerus' players.  Looking back watching this game knowing what we know now is pretty eye opening.  

Currently 2 mins left in the first half, Lancona in.  Lancona hits a jumper with his foot on the 3pt line, then air balls a 10 footer.  

This is a tough game to watch.  Of course I think I will keep watching through NC St garbage time free throws 😉

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Crews made some dreadful choices in coaching this NC St game.   Manning, McBroom, and Glaze all playing big mins in the first half.  McBroom trying to guard Kat Barber is just hilarious.  Jett, McCall, and Evans should have played 38+ mins on this team.  I was such a Crews apologist when he was riding Majerus' players.  Looking back watching this game knowing what we know now is pretty eye opening.  

Currently 2 mins left in the first half, Lancona in.  Lancona hits a jumper with his foot on the 3pt line, then air balls a 10 footer.  

This is a tough game to watch.  Of course I think I will keep watching through NC St garbage time free throws 😉

Weren't we in foul trouble most of that game though?

48 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm fully aware that the UNC game I uploaded does not finish the game. I'm not sure what the issue is. The file I uploaded goes the full length.

Eh, it's for the best that it ends abruptly with an ambiguous finish...it was a lot closer than I remembered...thanks for all the work uploading the old games

12 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Eh, it's for the best that it ends abruptly with an ambiguous finish...it was a lot closer than I remembered...thanks for all the work uploading the old games

I can’t believe we watched sports in low definition...I couldn’t make it through the UNC game.  

On 4/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, billikenfan05 said:

12-13 Butler is going up. The most electric Chaifetz has ever been.

I just watched it again. It brought tears to my eyes, just like the first time. That was probably the best game in the best season in the modern era. The defense was unbelievable.  The only negative was seeing that $hithead Crews on the sidelines. 

Thanks a lot for putting these games online!

10 minutes ago, David King said:

I just watched it again. It brought tears to my eyes, just like the first time. That was probably the best game in the best season in the modern era. The defense was unbelievable.  The only negative was seeing that $hithead Crews on the sidelines. 

Thanks a lot for putting these games online!

Working to convert older VHS to digital. If anyone has any we can work it out I’ll convert them for you.

12 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I am now fully capable of converting them to digital. If you have a VHS game recording I’m happy to put them on DVDs for you or put them in he Vault on Youtube 

I would pay if someone has the 2003 upset of #2 Louisville. (I know I sound like a broken record with that game.)  Saw it in person, and have never seen the replay.

11 minutes ago, philliken said:

I would pay if someone has the 2003 upset of #2 Louisville. (I know I sound like a broken record with that game.)  Saw it in person, and have never seen the replay.

I got that on deck to convert. I’ve had the game on DVD for quite awhile but was having tech difficulties for the last couple months that wouldn’t allow me to rip the game. Now with this hardware I can make it happen.  Just did Iowa and I need to edit the commercials out. I’m also working on a little special addition to the replay of both those games. 

philliken likes this

13 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I am now fully capable of converting them to digital. If you have a VHS game recording I’m happy to put them on DVDs for you or put them in he Vault on Youtube 

I have VHS recordings of the SLU-Mizzou game from 1999 in the Dome and the Cincinnati game in 2000 from the Miracle in Memphis run if anyone is interested in those. I'm not sure what the quality of the recordings is at this point though.

Box and Won and crymdg2 like this

23 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I have VHS recordings of the SLU-Mizzou game from 1999 in the Dome and the Cincinnati game in 2000 from the Miracle in Memphis run if anyone is interested in those. I'm not sure what the quality of the recordings is at this point though.

Shoot me a direct message, we can link up. I'd love to get those up.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I got that on deck to convert. I’ve had the game on DVD for quite awhile but was having tech difficulties for the last couple months that wouldn’t allow me to rip the game. Now with this hardware I can make it happen.  Just did Iowa and I need to edit the commercials out. I’m also working on a little special addition to the replay of both those games. 

Awesome!  That will cure my quarantine blues for quite a while.