Billiken Vault

There are two Dayton games I’d like to see, 2011 when our developing Freshmen whipped the Flyers on their Senior night, and the 2013 game where we pounded them 81-52.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/9/2020 at 8:35 AM, billikenfan05 said:

12-13 Butler is going up. The most electric Chaifetz has ever been.

The atmosphere was crazy.  I believe this was the game @wgstlhooked me up with some tix.  Although grateful for the tix, my buddy and I noticed some seats that were unoccupied the entire first half on the baseline by the Billiken bench.  We said, if those are open 2 min into the 2nd half, we're taking them.  Those baseline seats ended up being my season tix for the 3 years following that 12-13 season.  Loved flying in for Billiken games during that era.  Hugged Chaifetz on the court after the game and had drinks with Rammer at Fieldhouse.  It was a perfect night. 

9 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

The atmosphere was crazy.  I believe this was the game @wgstlhooked me up with some tix.  Although grateful for the tix, my buddy and I noticed some seats that were unoccupied the entire first half on the baseline by the Billiken bench.  We said, if those are open 2 min into the 2nd half, we're taking them.  Those baseline seats ended up being my season tix for the 3 years following that 12-13 season.  Loved flying in for Billiken games during that era.  Hugged Chaifetz on the court after the game and had drinks with Rammer at Fieldhouse.  It was a perfect night. 

You lent me those seats once or twice and they were fantastic.  They taught me that low on the ends is better than high in the middle...... 

moytoy12 likes this

18 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You lent me those seats once or twice and they were fantastic.  They taught me that low on the ends is better than high in the middle...... 

Man, I miss those seats. They were close enough to Crews for him to hear me when I had some coaching "suggestions".  Stupid divorce made me pinch some pennies.  Think i'm back in a place to add some season tix.  Hopefully something near where those were.

17 minutes ago, billslasttermdropout said:

Cool--would really love to see the older stuff on here too, but that's a tall order--I may never live to see classic sports served up iTunes/Spotify style. 

Honestly if anyone would like to donate their old video tapes. I try to get them on DVD/digital.

Yup, that's the main problem right there.  No, the classic sports Napster revolution will not be televised, sadly.

Also, if you do somehow manage to obtain any and aren't able to transfer them I will gladly do it.  This, friend, seems to be the only way.

Shame on them hoarding our cultural heritage without even giving us a chance to pay for the "privilege" of experiencing it.  Pure short sightedness and stubbornness with maybe a dose of ignorance, but I highly doubt it.

Edited by billslasttermdropout
Edited for additional incredulousness

I think it’s near impossible to find games before 2011-2012, though I’m sure if anyone can it’s 05. I know Synergy, which is what most coaching staffs use for replays, only has games going to 2012-2013.

I've been trying to find the Louisville game from ~Feb, 2003 forever.  Lived it, loved it, and have been dying to watch the TV broadcast of it.  I rode back to Humphreys from Kiel on top of my friends GMC Jimmy after that win.  

5 minutes ago, philliken said:

I've been trying to find the Louisville game from ~Feb, 2003 forever.  Lived it, loved it, and have been dying to watch the TV broadcast of it.  I rode back to Humphreys from Kiel on top of my friends GMC Jimmy after that win.  

I’m working on making that happen, I have it, but technical issues have made it difficult 

45 minutes ago, philliken said:

I have it on a VHS tape somewhere in my basement. 😆