Goodwin & French put names in draft

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

The biggest difference between Jacobs' strengths and Thatch's strengths, defense and rebounding, is that Thatch's strengths are nearly impossible for the opposing team to take away. 

Hate to be a sceptic and I pray I am wrong but I don’t think there are any guarantees that Fred will play. Don’t think they ever figured out what his medical condition is. Hope whatever it is will just go away. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t send a link because it’s subscription, but for anybody who subscribes to the Athletic, there is an article posted on Crutcher about 10 minutes ago that makes it sound like he’s doing everything in his power to try to turn pro (NBA or maybe a 2-way contract between NBA and G-League), and not return to Dayton. That’s not to say that he won’t return, especially with how murky the draft situation is this year...but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that he comes back to play his senior year, which would CRUSH Dayton.

TheChosenOne likes this

On 6/7/2020 at 7:15 PM, willie said:

Hate to be a sceptic and I pray I am wrong but I don’t think there are any guarantees that Fred will play. Don’t think they ever figured out what his medical condition is. Hope whatever it is will just go away. 

He may be able to play, cannot say how well. They know exactly what his condition is. His condition will not go away.

7 minutes ago, willie said:

So what is his condition? I have heard they really don't know. Yes they know he cramps, but whats the cause.  

A condition called isolated myopathy — where the blood cells don't work properly — caused his body to break down. “It took some time for it to get really bad,” Thatch said. “It started off like I was just really tired, and then that tired started turning to crampin

3 hours ago, willie said:

So what is his condition? I have heard they really don't know. Yes they know he cramps, but whats the cause.  

Here are the details, including his ongoing options...

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball/mysterious-condition-keeps-slus-fred-thatch-sidelined/63-5e7fdf06-6dba-4464-8c0e-1eaaa22e14d0

Dennis W.  

What’s wrong with Old Guy’s post?  Why the “bad post”?   Yet another example of intolerance.

Moderators. In my opinion, This new feature is being abused. There needs to be a check on this when objectively nothing posted is wrong or controversial. Bad posts?  How about bad posters like A Bomb who have been marking every single post of mine as a bad post for over a year - after I called him and others out for his anti-Coach Ford posts.  He was not alone - as many thought Ford was/is not a good coach... a bad “game coach”, only a good recruiter, his teams don’t run an effective offense, wondered why a former PG doesnt have a good PG?  Because Ford loses his PGs and outside shooters unexpectedly due to S2 and then all the complaints on Coach Ford start to fly - mostly by basketball neophytes.  How do we bad post those who abuse and make bad posts?

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Its a badge of honor when a-holes bad post you.  Wear it proudly.  If the site limited you in some way as to your experience based on a score, Id feel differently.  

My recollection is that there is a penalty for a low score — perhaps -50 or something (Steve would know).  I think it limits the number of times one can post per day if below whatever the threshold is.

26 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

My recollection is that A-Bomb is married to a former Baby Blue - that puts him as royalty as far as I’m concerned 😎🙏

When I was at SLU I had a good friend who was on the dance team (can’t remember if it was called the Baby Blues then). She was very nice. 😉

TheA_Bomb likes this

I still believe I am the only guy to ever receive a "warning point," whatever the hell that is and some may find that agreeable while I find it laughable.  I get 'troll' posts all the time from one guy I own and who I won't dignify by using his name.  That poster hasn't contributed  one piece of solid conversation, information or opinion his entire time him on here.  The fruits of anonymity.  

Billiken Rich likes this

20 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Dennis W.  

What’s wrong with Old Guy’s post?  Why the “bad post”?   Yet another example of intolerance.

Moderators. In my opinion, This new feature is being abused. There needs to be a check on this when objectively nothing posted is wrong or controversial. Bad posts?  How about bad posters like A Bomb who have been marking every single post of mine as a bad post for over a year - after I called him and others out for his anti-Coach Ford posts.  He was not alone - as many thought Ford was/is not a good coach... a bad “game coach”, only a good recruiter, his teams don’t run an effective offense, wondered why a former PG doesnt have a good PG?  Because Ford loses his PGs and outside shooters unexpectedly due to S2 and then all the complaints on Coach Ford start to fly - mostly by basketball neophytes.  How do we bad post those who abuse and make bad posts?

There are starving kids in Africa who complain less than you do.

Frankly I’m surprised old guy still comes around after his performances in the thread that shall not be named where he’s the reason at least two good posters left the board 

18 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

My recollection is that there is a penalty for a low score — perhaps -50 or something (Steve would know).  I think it limits the number of times one can post per day if below whatever the threshold is.

I think we lost that feature with a forum "upgrade."

On 6/14/2020 at 10:20 AM, Clock_Tower said:

Dennis W.  

I think the post ratings would work better if it was set up to recognize only good posts or at least if a bad or troll is selected a brief phrase why is bad or a troll would be appropriate.

I learned a lesson from a poster I like who called me out on bad posts selections and my solution was too never bad or troll anyone just compliment if appropriate.  It has made my experience on this site much better.

I just want information from my favorite team and share in the fun of being a Billikens basketball fan with other fans.

-since no consequences other than self image on post ratings not sure why a discussion is worthy, oops forgot for a second where I am posting

-if post ratings matter I would suggest one has to be a 'tenured' poster to be able to rate posts

On 6/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, Band Legend said:

I would suggest this; when you see a multi paragraph post from Clock Tower let your eyes glaze over and switch to a different topic.  

Simple. Don’t read.  I dont read your posts either.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:25 PM, CBFan said:

I think the post ratings would work better if it was set up to recognize only good posts or at least if a bad or troll is selected a brief phrase why is bad or a troll would be appropriate.

I learned a lesson from a poster I like who called me out on bad posts selections and my solution was too never bad or troll anyone just compliment if appropriate.  It has made my experience on this site much better.

I just want information from my favorite team and share in the fun of being a Billikens basketball fan with other fans.

I have an issue with those that misuse the troll designation. Just because you disagree with someone frequently or are in a pissing contest with them (and I've been in my share of those) it doesn't make the poster a troll. What it does is actually lessen the effect of the troll designation for actual trolls. 

Also isn't it a bit silly to mark every post of someone's a bad post (or a troll post when they clearly aren't) just because you don't like them. 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I have an issue with those that misuse the troll designation. Just because you disagree with someone frequently or are in a pissing contest with them (and I've been in my share of those) it doesn't make the poster a troll. What it does is actually lessen the effect of the troll designation for actual trolls. 

Also isn't it a bit silly to mark every post of someone's a bad post (or a troll post when they clearly aren't) just because you don't like them. 

Totally agree. When I first got on the web troll seemed easily defined as someone that gets on site and is just disruptive often to the point of ruining the scene. T ravs of the world. Those on here that go back n forth are akin to debaters imo.