Goodwin & French put names in draft

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/goodwin-announces-return-to-slu-french-expected-to-follow/article_af5f81d0-1e0d-554b-8be9-1b62bb216202.html

“Additionally, a source said that SLU expects Hasahn French to follow soon by announcing he will return after both entered their names early in the NBA draft.”

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

But only 1000 will be left in the arena by the time the seniors are introduced after the game 

Hell 3000 will leave with 2 minutes left in the game to beat the rush.

My Dad and I have a running joke, there’s a couple that sit in front of us every game. They arrive 7 minutes before halftime and leave 7 minutes before the end of the game. And during the time in between, they rarely lift their eyes from their phones. They left early during the infamous Davidson game 2 years ago and I actually exclaimed, “YOU’RE LEAVING?!?!?!?” Neither had any response. Drives me nuts!

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

But only 1000 will be left in the arena by the time the seniors are introduced after the game 

How many were there for senior night in 2014? This will be the best group of seniors since then so it’ll probably similar to that number. 

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

We know RM did not like the pre-game distraction and changed the Senior Day tradition/ceremony at SLU.   Has anyone ever asked Travis Ford what he thinks?  

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Then let's lock the f'in doors with 10 minutes left and screw the fire marshalls!

I think most on the board expected this outcome and I am happy about it.  Interesting his comments on “I have the game to play at the next level”.  Wonder if he’s referring to NBA or overseas.

4 minutes ago, Fraz42 said:

I think most on the board expected this outcome and I am happy about it.  Interesting his comments on “I have the game to play at the next level”.  Wonder if he’s referring to NBA or overseas.

Agree, this was expected. JGood and Has are Team Blue! And I think he was talking NBA after going thru the process. He knows he can play overseas. 

7 hours ago, Box and Won said:

We're 50% of the way there.  I gotta hand it to you, your retention bonus idea was a solid one.  This is the kind of visionary thinking that will get this program to the mountaintop.

We're a team baby.   Box and Skip, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon and Eggs, JGood and Has

Box and Won likes this

41 minutes ago, Fraz42 said:

Or Final 4

11 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

We know RM did not like the pre-game distraction and changed the Senior Day tradition/ceremony at SLU.   Has anyone ever asked Travis Ford what he thinks?  

I have not asked Coach about his preference  

I have no problem with a pre-game ceremony. 

The wife and I stayed after the game on senior night and it was a great experience and for those that did not stay for it I encourage fans to stick around you will love it.

If it is after the game with JGood, French, and Perkins being seniors should draw quite the crowd and then if team blue is a 2 loss team for the season on that night it will keep fans in the building.

Team Blue will be loved by this town and surrounding counties. 

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Pregame is fine but the arena is still more than half empty 4 minutes before tipoff. The only way to do senior night with a packed house would be to do it at the under 8 TV timeout in the first half

-if I'm drinking pre and during the game I try to get to the pisser during this timeout to avoid the halftime line, just pointing this out to show at any time some folks won't be in their seats

-some folks leave early, some folks arrive late, one thing that hasn't been tried is to mention when the ceremony will take place at games prior to the last one but again, some folks won't be there

34 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The wife and I stayed after the game on senior night and it was a great experience and for those that did not stay for it I encourage fans to stick around you will love it.

If it is after the game with JGood, French, and Perkins being seniors should draw quite the crowd and then if team blue is a 2 loss team for the season on that night it will keep fans in the building.

Team Blue will be loved by this town and surrounding counties. 

i hope you are correct, but the fans left on senior night when lisch and liddell were seniors, the fans left on senior night when jett, mccall,  loe and evans were seniors.   they left for bess, they left last year.   no sorry, i will be shocked if there are 10,000 still in the stands when the ceremony ends.  

Clock_Tower likes this

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Pregame is fine but the arena is still more than half empty 4 minutes before tipoff. The only way to do senior night with a packed house would be to do it at the under 8 TV timeout in the first half

my memory says that when the billikens used to do pre-game, they did it pretty much right before tip off.   

05 i dont disagree.   i am only commenting on the hopes that this team will be so good that a standing room only crowd will remain in their seats on senior night to celebrate goodwin, perkins and french's last home game.    i have been coming to billiken games regularly for 40+ years and have always hoped our fandom would buy in and be those fans.   i have sadly come to the realization, that the typical billiken fans just want to beat the rush more than do the right thing and thank our graduating seniors.  sad. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i hope you are correct, but the fans left on senior night when lisch and liddell were seniors, the fans left on senior night when jett, mccall,  loe and evans were seniors.   they left for bess, they left last year.   no sorry, i will be shocked if there are 10,000 still in the stands when the ceremony ends.  

I agree with your last statement but this is a different time.

No Hockey or baseball currently going on and the problems that people have dealt with since March I think our area is waiting to embrace something and I cannot think of anything better in sports to embrace if this turns out to be the special season that SLU will play in the third week of the big dance.
Be well Roy

Anybody ever see a senior night at another school?

Im curious how the fan turn out is at the Arkansas’ or Rhode Island’s of the world.

I stay because I follow the guys from when they were Freshman until they are seniors. I don’t miss a game, I read about the players, and know about their life. These guys become a big part of my life in 4 years.I’m sure everyone on this board feels same way.

However a big part of a game day crowd is just the casual fan.  These people  cheer for the Billikens but might only be able to name 3 or 4 guys on the team. They don’t know where Goodwin or French are from, they might not even know they are seniors.

Heck a chunk of the crowd might not even know who the coach is.

Im not surprised this group leaves. 

I’m going to continue to enjoy the senior night activities I think they are awesome but I’m not surprised a lot of people leave.