Goodwin & French put names in draft

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Me and Box felt Has and JGood deserved a little incentive. Briefcases have been delivered. They are coming back. 

BTW ... JGoods seemed much heavier than the norm. 

Well done! Let’s hope he doesn’t try to dive into all those gold coins like Scrooge McDuck...it will only lead to injury.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Me and Box felt Has and JGood deserved a little incentive. Briefcases have been delivered. They are coming back. 

Covid9 - the lbs you gain staying at home

6 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

The link says the NBA draft is June 26. And we know it has been pushed back. 

The latest I read is a July 31 return to action. That would push the season and playoffs maybe into Sept or October.  The draft won’t happen until after all that. The NCAA will have to come out with something so that schools can know their roster before school starts in August. 

Let’s just hope Goodwin and French know the date they need to come back to SLU. 😀

Why couldn’t the NBA draft happen during the season with some rule saying that newly drafted players cannot participate in the ongoing season?  I can’t imagine they’ll push the draft past the start of the next academic year.

MLB draft typically happens during the regular season.

6 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Why couldn’t the NBA draft happen during the season with some rule saying that newly drafted players cannot participate in the ongoing season?  I can’t imagine they’ll push the draft past the start of the next academic year.

MLB draft typically happens during the regular season.

But MLB players typically don’t play in the majors right away. I’m not sure how incoming rookies would respond to being told they can’t play this upcoming season because the draft got pushed back. I’m not sure how teams that tanked last year and benefitted from favorable position in the draft lottery would feel about not being able to use their (hopefully) new franchise rookie for an entire season. I understand the idea of what you’re trying to say, but people on both sides would probably shoot that idea down.

58 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

But MLB players typically don’t play in the majors right away. I’m not sure how incoming rookies would respond to being told they can’t play this upcoming season because the draft got pushed back. I’m not sure how teams that tanked last year and benefitted from favorable position in the draft lottery would feel about not being able to use their (hopefully) new franchise rookie for an entire season. I understand the idea of what you’re trying to say, but people on both sides would probably shoot that idea down.

I don’t think he was suggesting they couldn’t play in the next season...they couldn’t play in this season. You could still have the draft in July while the playoffs are about to start.

either way they can play in the next season whenever it starts.

RUBillsFan likes this

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I don’t think he was suggesting they couldn’t play in the next season...they couldn’t play in this season. You could still have the draft in July while the playoffs are about to start.

either way they can play in the next season whenever it starts.

Ah...I misunderstood his post. Apologies. It’s still weird for me to think about NBA restarting in the Summer. Apologies to @RUBillsFan I totally misunderstood your post. My bad.

RUBillsFan likes this

20 hours ago, slufanskip said:

We're 50% of the way there.  I gotta hand it to you, your retention bonus idea was a solid one.  This is the kind of visionary thinking that will get this program to the mountaintop.

slufanskip likes this

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

We're 50% of the way there.  I gotta hand it to you, your retention bonus idea was a solid one.  This is the kind of visionary thinking that will get this program to the mountaintop.

Has is next. I think I have figured out the whole NBA photographer dilemma. It’s very simple: she had never taken pictures of a werewolf before, and didn’t want to miss out on that opportunity while she had the chance. Let’s F-ing go! #TeamBlue

But only 1000 will be left in the arena by the time the seniors are introduced after the game 

Hell 3000 will leave with 2 minutes left in the game to beat the rush.

AGB91 likes this