Goodwin & French put names in draft

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Not trying to scare anyone.  If you know his Dad...no one's in Goodwin's ear telling him anything 🤣.  

Okay.  Good.  Always appreciate your insight, Coach.

I really do think that Jordan's skill set will give him a chance at the NBA.  I just don't think he's shown his full potential yet.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Okay.  Good.  Always appreciate your insight, Coach.

I really do think that Jordan's skill set will give him a chance at the NBA.  I just don't think he's shown his full potential yet.

Let me clarify.  I am just saying Goodwin has a strong family that won't let people influence his decision.  Not about whether he stays or leaves.  

Reinert310 and SLU_Lax like this

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Have all the A10 players who declared, w/ the exception of JGood and French, changed their minds? Sure would breathe a sigh of relief If our guys have a change of heart. 

I haven't seen anything on Ryan Daly.  Perhaps I missed his announcement, if he has made it.

And of course, Mr. Toppin won't be returning to Dayton.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Jalen Crutcher and Ryan Daly are the only two A10ers left in the pool besides our guys.  Plus Obi.  

As a courtesy to TF, I hope they have let him know what their plans are, as of today.  If either, or both, are planning on playing pro ball somewhere then Travis needs to be recruiting replacements NOW!  This is especially true given the fact that MBB players are free (based on NCAA rules) to return to school facilities within the next few weeks.  Once the school and A10 ok players returning to campuses, I hope to see two key Billikens back at SLU.  

HF  +  JG  =  A 10 Champions and NCAA Sweet Sixteen!

drkelsey55 likes this

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Jalen Crutcher and Ryan Daly are the only two A10ers left in the pool besides our guys.  Plus Obi.  

Haven't checked recently, but not many, if any, of the draftnik blogs were giving our guys much of a shot at having their names called on draft day. 

31 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Haven't checked recently, but not many, if any, of the draftnik blogs were giving our guys much of a shot at having their names called on draft day. 

I don't think that's the reason to be nervous - it's the ability to turn pro elsewhere.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I checked ESPN’s top 100 draft prospects either yesterday or the day before. Neither JGood or French we’re on that list. The only thing that gives me any doubt of them coming back is if some foreign team offers either 6 figures, that’s tough to turn down. But I kinda find that hard to believe with so many names left in the draft that won’t get drafted, especially guys that we’re seniors last year. I have no inside info, but I’m fairly confident they’ll both announce they’re coming back soon.

Billboy1 likes this

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I checked ESPN’s top 100 draft prospects either yesterday or the day before. Neither JGood or French we’re on that list. The only thing that gives me any doubt of them coming back is if some foreign team offers either 6 figures, that’s tough to turn down. But I kinda find that hard to believe with so many names left in the draft that won’t get drafted, especially guys that we’re seniors last year. I have no inside info, but I’m fairly confident they’ll both announce they’re coming back soon.

I hope you are right.

Reinert310 likes this

45 minutes ago, bauman said:

I hope you are right.

So do I. Lol. Like I said, I have no inside info. Just the way I see the situation.

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Not if they got hurt, played badly, or god knows what else 

Sure. But go ahead and state ALL the other equally likely events: get struck by lightning, quit basketball, become an Instagram star...

54 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Sure. But go ahead and state ALL the other equally likely events: get struck by lightning, quit basketball, become an Instagram star...

You think it’s equally likely that they get struck by lightning as tearing an ACL...?

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Don’t give them any ideas I would hate to see them give up their final year of eligibility to attend the Grandy Glaze school of Instagram. 

9 hours ago, Littlebill said:

You think it’s equally likely that they get struck by lightning as tearing an ACL...?

I think his point is anything bad can happen to you at anytime so you can not live your life wrapped in bubble wrap.  Yes injury is always a possibility but so is not being injured.