What was your big project of the week, and all things NOT Covid!

We have a lot of deadfall branches from our 60+ year old pin oaks, the dam gum ball trees, and the maple saplings that needed cutting, so I got busy. Junior chain sawed about 80 feet of fence line clear, we made a Viking pyre, and a separate feed pile, and I lit the 4ft tall pile with some leaves tucked in the belly of the stack.

The ground was soaking wet, so I could be fairly aggressive feeding the burn. We ended up getting rid of about four truck beds in two hours, and with the brisk winds everything burned completely. Two more weekends like yesterday, and the yard will be in great shape!

I finally finished shoveling and moving the large gravel pile in my driveway.  I rewarded myself with hours of fishing in my pond.

The wife deep cleaned the house and organized the bedrooms and closets.

Painting the house is the next project.

i drove to the ice cream heaven got the biggest chocolate malt they make and then went home to watch "the irishman".   great day. 

NH and RiseAndGrind like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

i drove to the ice cream heaven got the biggest chocolate malt they make and then went home to watch "the irishman".   great day. 

Mowed Lawn, cleaned up back yard, got rid of ton of kids old toys, little tikes playground got mad about weeds and send pictures to lawn service, (need it? its sitting across from Tilles Park outside my white fence, I live on McKnight).

Subjected myself to Tiger King. Couldn't stop watching.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

I started doing taxes, always a lot work, not all of it happy work. Yes I know the IRS does not require filing or payment of  the 1st estimate until July 15th, but you have to pay the 2nd estimate on June 15th. Your IRS at work, go figure. On top of that I have not seen any announcements by MO DOR saying they are deferring the  MO filing date to July 15th. I will be filing MO taxes by April 15. So like it or not it is  tax time. Have a happy 2 weeks of numbers.

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I started doing taxes, always a lot work, not all of it happy work. Yes I know the IRS does not require filing or payment of  the 1st estimate until July 15th, but you have to pay the 2nd estimate on June 15th. Your IRS at work, go figure. On top of that I have not seen any announcements by MO DOR saying they are deferring the  MO filing date to July 15th. I will be filing MO taxes by April 15. So like it or not it is  tax time. Have a happy 2 weeks of numbers.

My CPA says Mo has extended. 

5 hours ago, GoBills73 said:

Mowed Lawn, cleaned up back yard, got rid of ton of kids old toys, little tikes playground got mad about weeds and send pictures to lawn service, (need it? its sitting across from Tilles Park outside my white fence, I live on McKnight).

Subjected myself to Tiger King. Couldn't stop watching.

Group of us walked in Tilles this week -  plenty of space to spread out & brown bag in the pavilion.  Right down the street in York Hills

Edited by Major Majerus
Typo

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

MO has extended just FYI

On 3/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, moytoy12 said:

It didn't take me on the same journey as Tiger King, but i enjoyed it quite a bit. 

You know it is a crazy journey when you finish it thinking the guy that Tony Montana is partially based on and the guy that interviewed a President about the war on drugs while high on crack are pretty good people all things considered.  

Big project this week is locating the Roku controller our 16 month-old hid. Going on day 2 now.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

its forcing me to do this running thing again.  sucks. But somehow have managed to increase my drinking amount. 

I saw a meme gif thingy that said everyone is going to come out of quarantine a master chef and an alcoholic. 

Update: was just informed you can control your roku from the app.

billiken_roy likes this

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Big project this week is locating the Roku controller our 16 month-old hid. Going on day 2 now.

I read a mem gif thingy that said everyone is going to come out of quarantine a master chef and an alcoholic. 

Master Chief and alcoholic for all the gamers out there