A10 Early Entries & Transfer (Consolidated Listing)

Taj79

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Littlebill said:

Justin Kier transferring. Mason will be terrible (again)

To be fair, they weren't expecting him to be back (NCAA granted him an extra year of eligibility today I believe). He also said he is considering returning to Mason, though I have no idea how much or little to read into that.

Here is a list of outgoing A10 Players and where they have landed.  A10 has the largest numbers of any major conference.  I don't have a list of incoming.

A-10

Jhery Matos, 6-5, 195, G, Grad., Dayton (1.8 ppg) – CHARLOTTE

Frankie Hughes, 6-4, 200, G, Grad, Duquesne (8.9 ppg) – SAN DIEGO

Ashton Miller, 6-5, 200, G, Fr., Duquesne (1.2 ppg) – WAGNER

Brandon Wade, 6-2, 180, G, Soph., Duquesne – MICHIGAN (Walk-on)

Luka Radovich, 6-5, 200, G, Soph., Fordham

Jason Douglas-Stanley, 6-2, 190, G, Soph., George Mason (1.0 ppg) – MANHATTAN

Just Kier, 6-4, 200, G, Grad, George Mason (9.6 ppg)

Goanar Mar, 6-7, 215, F, Jr., George Mason (2.4 ppg)

Justin Mazzulla, 6-3, 195, G, Jr., George Washington (5.0 ppg – 4 games) – VERMONT

Chimezie Offurum, 6-8, 220, F, Soph., George Washington (2.9 ppg) – MOUNT ST. MARY’S

Arnaldo Toro, 6-8, 250, F, Grad, George Washington (6.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg) – ST. JOHN’S

Shawn Walker Jr., 6-6, 185, G, Fr., George Washington (3.4 ppg)

Dennis “DJ” Williams, 6-7, 215, G, RS Jr., George Washington – DEPAUL

Ed Croswell, 6-8, 245, PF, Soph., La Salle (10.0 ppg, 7.0 ppg) – PROVIDENCE

Richard Oppong, 6-3, 180, G, Fr., La Salle – MANSFIELD UNIVERSITY

Tomas Verbinskis, 6-7, 210, F, RS Soph., Richmond (3.0 ppg – 3 games) – LAFAYETTE

Jake Wojcik, 6-4, 190, G, Soph., Richmond (3.0 ppg)

Matt Johnson, 6-4, 180, G, Jr., St. Bonaventure (1.0 ppg)

Robert Planutis, 6-8, 200, F, Soph., St. Bonaventure (5.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg) – IPFW

Lorenzo Edwards, 6-8, 215, F, Jr., Saint Joseph’s (6.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg)

Chereef Knox, 6-5, 210, G, Fr., Saint Joseph’s (4.2 ppg)

KC Hankton, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Saint Louis (1.2 ppg)

Sy Chatman, 6-8, 220, F, Soph., UMass (5.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg – 6 games)

Keon Clergeot, 6-1, 185, G, Grad, UMass (5.0 ppg) – SE LOUISIANA

Samba Diallo, 6-7, 195, F, Soph., UMass (6.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg) – MANHATTAN

Sean East, 6-3, 185, G, Fr., UMass (9.3 ppg, 4.9 apg) – BRADLEY

C.J. Jackson, 6-6, 185, G, Fr., UMass (1.5 ppg) – MCNEESE STATE

Greg Hammond, 6-5, 200, G, Fr., URI (1.0 ppg – 5 games) – UMASS LOWELL

Mekhi Long, 6-7, 195, F, Fr., URI (3.1 ppg, 2.3 rpg) – ODU

Tyrese Martin, 6-1, 205, G, Soph., URI (12.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg) – UCONN

Dana Tate, 6-7, 230, F, Soph., URI (3.4 ppg – 9 games) – SIENA

Pistol likes this

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Aim high Jacob!!!!  He ain't going to Kentucky and he ain't going to Oregon.  I've been to Ames ..... love some farm animals, Jake.  

Did Jacob tell you he wasn't going to Kentucky after telling Rothstein they were on his list or did Calipari tell you he hasn't been invited?  Maybe you are tight with Obi?  You have better sources than Rothstein.  I'm impressed.

The Wildcats could be down their top 6 players from last season.  

Well, HP, I got a 1-in-3 chance of being right so I'll roll with those odds.  If I'm wrong, so be it but Jacob doesn't impress me enough to rule him in at these programs when comparing him to who they usually get.  A10 undergrad transfers typically don't 'upgrade.'  Other than Eric Williams Jr. going from Duquesne to Oregon, most downgrade it seems.  Kwan Fore went to Louisville as  a GT, and Croswell from La Salle, Bynum from St. Joes  and Pipkins from Umass went to Providence with Pipkins also a GT.  Is Providence an upgrade?  Yes Paschall went to Nova from Fordham but if you look at the consolidated thread, most go downward it seems.  

Given that Calipari usually reloads with four- and five-star recruits, I don't see it.  But I've been wrong before.

22 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Well, HP, I got a 1-in-3 chance of being right so I'll roll with those odds.  If I'm wrong, so be it but Jacob doesn't impress me enough to rule him in at these programs when comparing him to who they usually get.  A10 undergrad transfers typically don't 'upgrade.'  Other than Eric Williams Jr. going from Duquesne to Oregon, most downgrade it seems.  Kwan Fore went to Louisville as  a GT, and Croswell from La Salle, Bynum from St. Joes  and Pipkins from Umass went to Providence with Pipkins also a GT.  Is Providence an upgrade?  Yes Paschall went to Nova from Fordham but if you look at the consolidated thread, most go downward it seems.  

Given that Calipari usually reloads with four- and five-star recruits, I don't see it.  But I've been wrong before.

I'm not saying he is or isn't going to Kentucky.  I don't know enough to say he has no shot at being a Wildcat.  That is between Calipari and Toppin.  You called his brother a one trick pony, and that one trick pony likely will be an NBA Lottery Pick.

And I hope you agree, the fine farmers of Iowa (and everywhere else) are among the many  whom I am extremely grateful to, for keeping milk, meat and eggs on my table during this pandemic.  There is nothing wrong with Ames, Iowa 

Obi Toppin WAS a one trick pony in the A10 who did expand his game his sophomore year.  All he did his freshman year was dunk.  Dunk until he was confronted with equal size and stature aka the Billikens.  He might have got one dunk in Dayton on us that year, none in St. Louis.  I don't recall if he did or didn't in the A10 tournament.  This past year, we also neutralized him in our two contests, making Dayton fans not want to see us again.  

Yes, he will be a lottery pick from the A10 and his upbringing as a guard will make him a hot commodity in the league.  He is projected as #2 overall to the Cleveland Cavaliers, which smells a lot like an Ohio-to-stay-in-Ohio publicity connection.  What will happen when he is confronted with players of equal size, stature and talent each night in the NBA?  Granted, they don't play defense much but let's just wait and see.  I have a good friend who follows the NBA much more closely than I do.  He says Obi will be a journeyman, maybe get ten years in the league and average 10 and 5 for that career.  Is that success?  I personally don't know and only time will tell.

Calipari has a demonstrated system that shows he reloads not recruits for building purposes.  He doesn't seem to be the type to waste a scholarship on a kid who will have to sit a year and Toppin's production at Rhode Island was 5 ppg and 4 rpg, not exactly saliva-producing numbers.

As for lottery picks, there are just as many fails as there are passes so Obi could go either way.  Let's remember Markell Fultz, Chris Washburn, Greg Oden, Michael Olowokandi, Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Jimmer Fredette and others.  Obi impressed me this year with his growth and it was obvious he was a man amongst boys in the A10.  

In a similar vein, my jury is still out on Zion Williamson.  Ditto Dak Prescott.  Baker Mayfield.  All should win something long before they become the national face of commercials all over the world.  For what it's worth, I like Obi's game better than Zion's.  But Zion did his time in the ACC, not the A10.  Table this discussion for about four or five years.

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  Verbal Commits says Jacob is transferring to Kentucky.  Much like his brother, let's see how that plays out down the line.

Good luck to young Toppin.

CUSA has overtaken the A10 in numbers in the portal, 37 to 32.  The new school is in bold.  There are only a handful of A10 players moving to P5+1 schools.  Most are lateral or downward transfers.

A-10

Jhery Matos, 6-5, 195, G, Grad., Dayton (1.8 ppg) – CHARLOTTE

Frankie Hughes, 6-4, 200, G, Grad, Duquesne (8.9 ppg) – SAN DIEGO

Ashton Miller, 6-5, 200, G, Fr., Duquesne (1.2 ppg) – WAGNER

Brandon Wade, 6-2, 180, G, Soph., Duquesne – MICHIGAN (Walk-on)

Luka Radovich, 6-5, 200, G, Soph., Fordham

Jason Douglas-Stanley, 6-2, 190, G, Soph., George Mason (1.0 ppg) – MANHATTAN

Just Kier, 6-4, 200, G, Grad, George Mason (9.6 ppg)

Goanar Mar, 6-7, 215, F, Jr., George Mason (2.4 ppg)

Justin Mazzulla, 6-3, 195, G, Jr., George Washington (5.0 ppg – 4 games) – VERMONT

Chimezie Offurum, 6-8, 220, F, Soph., George Washington (2.9 ppg) – MOUNT ST. MARY’S

Arnaldo Toro, 6-8, 250, F, Grad, George Washington (6.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg) – ST. JOHN’S

Shawn Walker Jr., 6-6, 185, G, Fr., George Washington (3.4 ppg)

Dennis “DJ” Williams, 6-7, 215, G, RS Jr., George Washington – DEPAUL

Ed Croswell, 6-8, 245, PF, Soph., La Salle (10.0 ppg, 7.0 ppg) – PROVIDENCE

Richard Oppong, 6-3, 180, G, Fr., La Salle – MANSFIELD UNIVERSITY

Tomas Verbinskis, 6-7, 210, F, RS Soph., Richmond (3.0 ppg – 3 games) – LAFAYETTE

Jake Wojcik, 6-4, 190, G, Soph., Richmond (3.0 ppg) – FAIRFIELD

Matt Johnson, 6-4, 180, G, Jr., St. Bonaventure (1.0 ppg)

Robert Planutis, 6-8, 200, F, Soph., St. Bonaventure (5.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg) – IPFW

Lorenzo Edwards, 6-8, 215, F, Jr., Saint Joseph’s (6.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg)

Chereef Knox, 6-5, 210, G, Fr., Saint Joseph’s (4.2 ppg) – COPPIN STATE

KC Hankton, 6-7, 215, F, Soph., Saint Louis (1.2 ppg)

Sy Chatman, 6-8, 220, F, Soph., UMass (5.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg – 6 games)

Keon Clergeot, 6-1, 185, G, Grad, UMass (5.0 ppg) – SE LOUISIANA

Samba Diallo, 6-7, 195, F, Soph., UMass (6.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg) – MANHATTAN

Sean East, 6-3, 185, G, Fr., UMass (9.3 ppg, 4.9 apg) – BRADLEY

C.J. Jackson, 6-6, 185, G, Fr., UMass (1.5 ppg) 

Greg Hammond, 6-5, 200, G, Fr., URI (1.0 ppg – 5 games) – UMASS LOWELL

Mekhi Long, 6-7, 195, F, Fr., URI (3.1 ppg, 2.3 rpg) – ODU

Tyrese Martin, 6-1, 205, G, Soph., URI (12.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg) – UCONN

Dana Tate, 6-7, 230, F, Soph., URI (3.4 ppg – 9 games) – SIENA

Jacob Toppin, 6-7, 185, F, Fr., URI (5.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg) – KENTUCKY

NH likes this

I update these daily on the first post of this thread as Pistol suggested.  

Overall, there are two upgrades as I see it, Toppin to Kentucky and Croswell to Providence.  Both are Power 5+1 conferences.  I guess Martinto Uconn counts some but Uconn has been in disarray for awhile since Ollie left.  I guess you could count Toro to St. John's and Williams to DePaul as conference upgrades, but those teams are questionable more years than not.

Pipkins did okay at Providence. It is SOOO hard to imagine Paschall started out at Fordham.  Isaiah Mike did okay at SMU after leaving Duquesne.  Let's see what Eric Williams Jr. does this coming year at Oregon.

Toppin has the same star rating as the Kentucky walk-ons.  And Calipari has the #1 rated class again.  I really can't wait to see how that plays out.

Pistol likes this

Here are the incoming, per Verbal Commits.  Yes means immediately eligible

George Washington

James Bishop, 6'2" FR PG LSU

Hunter Dean, 6'10" FR PF Southern Miss

Brandon Leftwich 6'3" RSJR PG Mount St. Mary (Yes)

Ricky Lindo, 6'8" SO SF Maryland

Mathew Moyer 6'8" RSJR PF, Vandy (Yes)

UMass

Noah Fernandes, 5'11" FR PG Wichita State

Mar Gasperini, 6'10" RSJR PF American (Yes)

Rhode Island

Malik Marti, 6'6" SO SF Charlotte

Makhel Morris 6'10" FR PF Maryland

Makhi Morris 6'9" FR PF Maryland

St. Bonaventure

Anthony Roberts 6'4" SO SG Kent State

St. Joseph's

Dahmir Bishop 6'5" FR SG Xavier

Jack Forrest 6'5" FR SG Columbia

SLU

Marten Linssen 6'8 RSSO PF UNCW (Yes)

VCU

Brendan Medley-Bacon 7'1" SO C Coppin State

Hey HP .... you should start another thread for the incoming and then it'd be easier to find and keep track of.   For now its buried in this one and I think it deserves its own.

https://watchstadium.com/stadiums-2020-nba-draft-entry-tracker-03-31-2020/

NBA Early Entries by conference.  Unless it has been changed, today, April 26, is the last day to declare for the NBA.  The withdrawal date to maintain NCAA eligibility is June 3.  That date could also change.

A-10

Jalen Crutcher, 6-1, 180, PG, Jr., Dayton

Obi Toppin, 6-9, 220, PF, RS So., Dayton

Fatts Russell, 5-10, 165, PG, Jr., Rhode Island

Blake Francis, 6-0, 175, G, RS Jr., Richmond

Jacob Gilyard, 5-9, 160, g, Jr., Richmond

Grant Golden, 6-10, 255, F, RS Jr., Richmond

Ryan Daly, 6-5, 225, G, RS Jr., Saint Joseph’s

Jordan Goodwin, 6-3, 200, G, Jr., Saint Louis

Hasahn French, 6-7, 245, PF, Jr., Saint Louis

Marcus Santos-Silva, 6-7, 250, PF, Jr., VCU

58 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Stockard receiving interest from VCU and St Bonaventure.

VCU needs help and the Bonnies have a great coach.

The Bonnies are geographically challenged.

I wish the best for our local kid.

Compton and Coach314 like this