Hankton Gone

SLU_Nick

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Thanks. That sentence was not in the Post Dispatch article that was delivered to my front door this morning.  Yes I still get the PD delivered.

I get it delivered too. I am probably one of their youngest subscribers at 40 but there is just something about drinking a cup of coffee (or Bloody Mary on weekends)  and reading the paper in the morning. Much more relaxing that scrolling on my phone.

The paper is also better crapper material than the app.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I get it delivered too. I am probably one of their youngest subscribers at 40 but there is just something about drinking a cup of coffee (or Bloody Mary on weekends)  and reading the paper in the morning. Much more relaxing that scrolling on my phone.

The paper is also better crapper material than the app.

You got it.  Reading a paper on our screened in porch with a cup of coffee is my definition of a start to a good day.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

The truth is that we will never know why he was suspended. I just hope he stays with the Bills.

Jacobs was suspended It happens. But several on this Board stated he was cleared to play in the A10 Tourney. And by all account he was going to.   All was/is good until today’s baseless rumor.  Is it possible Jacobs transfers? Of course, we have 12 guys and any one can transfer.  

It is my month to set up the lab and do all the instrumentation cal checks, so I get to pick which coffee gets brewed for the morning. Today it is a dark roast Arabica.

We do the second shift morning safety brief, so we get a ten minute  lull to savor the flavor. Looking forward to the N.Y. times crossword, Monday is always easy.

2 minutes ago, Sheltiedave said:

It is my month to set up the lab and do all the instrumentation cal checks, so I get to pick which coffee gets brewed for the morning. Today it is a dark roast Arabica.

We do the second shift morning safety brief, so we get a ten minute  lull to savor the flavor. Looking forward to the N.Y. times crossword, Monday is always easy.

I generally do the Times Crossword also. Can usually finish Wednesday and get about 50% +/- on Thursday. 

6 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I generally do the Times Crossword also. Can usually finish Wednesday and get about 50% +/- on Thursday. 

I do them all - Saturday’s a great one if you’re spending time at an airport. Sunday’s like a big Thursday,

Edited by Major Majerus
Typo

Good article; but no real insight.  Gak hasn't done much at Florida and the Coppin State 7-footer would have to sit a year, then be in same class as Bell andDiarra.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Good article; but no real insight.  Gak hasn't done much at Florida and the Coppin State 7-footer would have to sit a year, then be in same class as Bell andDiarra.

Carter told me he was all set to give real insight and be nice but he was told journalists don’t do this, he only played sparingly with not enough ppg, no obituaries, his biology grade was not available bc SLU is closed and that he would have given more details about his injuries but for the cease and desist letter he received from SLU due to a suspected forgery on the HIPAA authorization form...😂

I'm talking real insight and info on Gak and the Coppin kid and anyone else in the recruiting pipeline.  I really have no concerns why Hankton is transferring and called that some time ago.

19 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I'm talking real insight and info on Gak and the Coppin kid and anyone else in the recruiting pipeline.  I really have no concerns why Hankton is transferring and called that some time ago.

Yes. But if someone doesn’t want that same information, or has a different thought or opinion, then the push is to shut them down.  Welcome to 2020. 

44 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Yes. But if someone doesn’t want that same information, or has a different thought or opinion, then the push is to shut them down.  Welcome to 2020. 

Time to develop a thick skin, if you don't already have it.

Your last two statements remind me of gibberish.  Do you not understand ----- why Hankton left (other than getting closer to home) is inconsequential.  I don't need to know his grade, injuries, or anything.  I wish him well.  I was talking about insight into Gak, the hyphenated Coppin kid, and any other "insight" someone like Carter may have on next steps for the program.  I don't know who you are pushing where but good luck to you too.

• 1 month later...