Hankton Gone

SLU_Nick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

What kind of school do we think Hankton ends up at? 

D2 or D3 school.

5 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Congratulations.  Another irresponsible post - this time about Jacobs. What makes a suspension ambiguous?  That Coach Ford did not consult with you?  What's your excuse this time?

It makes it ambiguous because it was unclear why he was suspended.  Just stating my opinion.

8 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Sorry Dad.  So says you.  Quite bitter again today I see.

The guy barely played so therefore a few more sentences is not warranted?   So that's your test for who deserves more lengthy/quality of articles?

And I guess you didn't read the story b/c the reason why he is leaving WAS given -- to be closer to home...  

And when have I "roasted" anyone on their way out?  On the contrary, I am suggesting a nicer, more detailed article be written for a student athlete who gave all he had for 2 years here at SLU, who WAS a good teammate, who did not break school/team rules, laws....  Being a good teammate DOES matter.

Just saying the article could have been a little more informative - and nicer.   And no, I am not looking for his grade in Biology class but that Hankton is an honor roll student major in _____ and is looking to complete his degree closer to home.";   or that he "was a top ___forward out of high school but things did not work out due to injuries to his foot OR to his back …. but that he has fully recovered and is looked to play healthy elsewhere.

A+  Right on. 

And an excellent beat writer would also be providing more context -- way more than a single sentence -- on the upside this may allow in Ford's recruiting. But getting actual recruiting reporting? Never see it.

The real "news" is not Hankton's leaving. It's what his leaving sets in motion. Sad that it was missed. And only reported here. 

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Where was it stated that Hankton wanted to be closer to NC?

I believe hankton tweeted that today or last night

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I believe hankton tweeted that today or last night

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

It was in the article. 
It says “Ford said he wanted to be closer to home.”

That’s what they always say. It sounds better than
“I wasn’t getting enough PT”

“I saw the writing on the wall.”

Or from the coach 

”He wasn’t good enough”

almaman likes this

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Geez, it's in the second sentence of Stu's article. Put me in the camp that isn't mad or hurt that the article isn't in-depth enough. A guy who hardly played due to injuries is transferring. It opens up a scholarship. I mean, what else is there to say?

25 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It was in the article. 
It says “Ford said he wanted to be closer to home.”

25 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Geez, it's in the second sentence of Stu's article.

Thanks. That sentence was not in the Post Dispatch article that was delivered to my front door this morning.  Yes I still get the PD delivered.

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Thanks. That sentence was not in the Post Dispatch article that was delivered to my front door this morning.  Yes I still get the PD delivered.

Hey, sorry! I shouldn't have been snarky. I too get the Post delivered but read the story on their site. I try to remember that sometimes stories change, especially on a website. I'll keep trying.

HoosierPal likes this

37 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The truth is that we will never know why he was suspended. I just hope he stays with the Bills.

I agree with you OG.  Jacobs was our # 1 3pt shooter - by % -  in our 18 A-10 games, just a bit higher than JP.   I don't want to lose a shooter like that or an athlete like that.  We just need a DJ with a little more energy than he displayed in most games last year