Hankton Gone

SLU_Nick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Billiken Rich:  what’s so bad?  Good guys like CB Fan have been hoping desperately for contributions from KC.  Never happened.  Now never will.  This one was obvious.  Passed over by a freshman (Hargrove) with two replacements (Strickland and Lorentsson) coming in.  Best of luck KC but no surprise here.

2 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

I suspect he is going there to try to upgrade his profile and get a “big time” offer. 

Perfect, commit after our deep run and a T10 finish

It’s not really about how Stockard is going to take minutes, it’s more about making sure we don’t have foul trouble at any point.

Face it, we’re loading up to go all in next year.

31 minutes ago, mdscott24 said:

Stockard's junior year numbers at KSU not as good as JBJ's freshman year numbers here, on a better team. He would add one year depth behind Has and JBJ at best.

Which is fine. We don’t need another starter...we’ve got at least 7 guys worthy of that (current 5 plus Gibson and Perkins). We need depth inside in case injuries, fouls, or any of the other things that often happen to thin rosters.

TheChosenOne likes this

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Which is fine. We don’t need another starter...we’ve got at least 7 guys worthy of that (current 5 plus Gibson and Perkins). We need depth inside in case injuries, fouls, or any of the other things that often happen to thin rosters.

Point taken. I'm assuming he'd have to graduate by the end of the summer?

3 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Wow. What a terrible and short article.  How hard would it be to call a source and write another paragraph. Shame. 

Old guy likes this

Easy to see Hankton wasn’t a good fit for the current setup of the roster.  Worst case scenario Thatch can’t return, and I have a feeling Jacobs might want to leave too.  He got publicly scolded multiple times during the season because he couldn’t or wouldn’t do what ford was asking.  Also, ending the season on an ambiguous team suspension probably left a bad taste in everyone’s mouths.  I could be completely off base though. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Easy to see Hankton wasn’t a good fit for the current setup of the roster.  Worst case scenario Thatch can’t return, and I have a feeling Jacobs might want to leave too.  He got publicly scolded multiple times during the season because he couldn’t or wouldn’t do what ford was asking.  Also, ending the season on an ambiguous team suspension probably left a bad taste in everyone’s mouths.  I could be completely off base though. 

Congratulations.  Another irresponsible post - this time about Jacobs. What makes a suspension ambiguous?  That Coach Ford did not consult with you?  What's your excuse this time?

Littlebill likes this

19 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

I think Jacobs will be back and really good. 

I  hope Jacobs does not leave, and I think the team is truly committed to keep Thatch and give him a playing try out next season. We have no idea what happened with Jacobs that caused his suspension from play. It would have been nice to see him playing during the A10 tournament or afterwards, but such a thing was not to be. There may still be some bad blood involved, but I really  hope he stays.

14 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

There’s really not much to write about.

Sure there is.   Hankton is a student athlete.   His student portion could have been mentioned -- his grades, his major.   He was/is a good teammate - and that could have been mentioned.   His injuries and current health/physical status could have been mentioned.   Either lazy reporting or limited resources/space appears to be present... but if you are going to write a story, then make it more detailed than a 5th grader's article.

Old guy likes this

11 hours ago, Taj79 said:

@Billiken Rich:  what’s so bad?  Good guys like CB Fan have been hoping desperately for contributions from KC.  Never happened.  Now never will.  This one was obvious.  Passed over by a freshman (Hargrove) with two replacements (Strickland and Lorentsson) coming in.  Best of luck KC but no surprise here.

You are right about me and you can add my wife wanting desperately wanting KC and all Billiken signees to to be happy and successful.

We usually show up an hour before the game and watch the players in the shoot around.  You get to watch the team interact in the shoot around and the SLU players appear they get along quite well.

KC and Fred could have been down but both displayed a lot of enthusiasm in the shoot around.

I wish the best for KC I hope he finds a place that will provide him a degree and playing time.

Be well Taj I hope you can make it to a game this season our team is in a good place.

The last 3 home games were awesome and beating VCU and the Bonnies like they did was special.

26 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Sure there is.   Hankton is a student athlete.   His student portion could have been mentioned -- his grades, his major.   He was/is a good teammate - and that could have been mentioned.   His injuries and current health/physical status could have been mentioned.   Either lazy reporting or limited resources/space appears to be present... but if you are going to write a story, then make it more detailed than a 5th grader's article.

He wasn’t writing a story he was passing along information.

there is no reason to write a story about a kid leaving school.

Its none of our business why he is leaving.

His grades are none of our business.

Who cares if he was a good teammate he’s gone. If he wasn’t are you going to roast him on his way out?

The guy barely played. This is all that was needed.