Hankton Gone

SLU_Nick

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

I don't want a grad transfer.  I want either a freshman heir apparent to back up French/Bell or a transfer who must sit a year - to replace French next year.

Diarra? I know he barely played but if we’re looking for back up minutes and development I’ll take the guy who spent a year in the system already instead of a frosh. 

Now if the frosh is good enough to compete right away, then sure, obviously, go get him. 

25 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

I don't want a grad transfer.  I want either a freshman heir apparent to back up French/Bell or a transfer who must sit a year - to replace French next year.

Heir apparents to players as good as French aren’t typically available in the spring signing period.

TheChosenOne likes this

32 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Heir apparents to players as good as French aren’t typically available in the spring signing period.

True.  If Ford has confidence in Diarra, then a transfer who must sit out would be our best chance. If not sure about Diarra, or to add depth and help chances w Kern, maybe we take Stockard (assuming he even wants to leave) 

KC was expected. I wish him the best and hope he finally gets healthy. These days being closer to the family ain't a bad idea. 

In a perfect world we land a French clone. Everyone's worried about our bigs next year, but Jimmy and Has can get it done. Plus, it's too soon to give up on Diara. All we need from him is 5-10 mpg and to cover for foul trouble. Still, a 6'8" PF type would be a nice addition. 

Good luck KC. Sorry, SLU didn't work out for u. 

Not surprising.

To me he will always be a “what if guy “

What if he stayed healthy?

What if he had found his 3 point shot?

What if personal had stayed that allowed him to be a stretch 4?

I hope he has a nice finish to his career and believe he will if he stays healthy.

3 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

True.  If Ford has confidence in Diarra, then a transfer who must sit out would be our best chance. If not sure about Diarra, or to add depth and help chances w Kern, maybe we take Stockard (assuming he even wants to leave) 

I'm hearing the staff wants another big next year.  Playing Hargrove and Perkins at PF was only done out of necessity.

2 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I'm hearing the staff wants another big next year.  Playing Hargrove and Perkins at PF was only done out of necessity.

Hope your right. We lost a “ big” in Hankton and we have no replacement for French. 

Just now, Coach314 said:

We're going to see an awful lot of Perkins at PF no matter who we bring in.  Collins, Jimerson, Goodwin, Perkins and French will play a lot at the same time.  

TheChosenOne and bauman like this

He was never going to be anything close to what we need to get the job done like French or any of his fellow bigs. This is the best time in history - the history changing c virus, to have a schollie left this time of year. All those transfers, yummy yummy.

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

We’ve had one GT big ever. Hard to consider that precedent

That is because quality grad transfer bigs become the equivalent of four and five star prospects that we just don’t normally land.  Stockard is going to be superior to any other grad transfer big we could land.