Shout out to JGood

slu72

Congrats, JGood, for being named first team 4th district. Big achievement when you think of all the great players in that district. Way to go, JGood. We all can't wait until you and Team Blue really tear it up next season. See y'all in Orlando, where the Bills will be making a statement to the rest of the country as to just how good you guys are. Go JGood! Go Bills!. Oh yeah, stay inside we don't need you getting any o' this stuff going around. 

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Congrats, JGood, for being named first team 4th district. Big achievement when you think of all the great players in that district. Way to go, JGood. We all can't wait until you and Team Blue really tear it up next season. See y'all in Orlando, where the Bills will be making a statement to the rest of the country as to just how good you guys are. Go JGood! Go Bills!. Oh yeah, stay inside we don't need you getting any o' this stuff going around. 

-who?

NABC District 4 is the 14 teams in the A-10. There are 24 districts, 18 represent one conference and 7 represent 2 conferences. Toppin, Crutcher, Lofton, and Russell were the other 4, so those 5 together were 5 of the 6 named to the All A-10 first team.

MattyMo213 likes this

15 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

NABC District 4 is the 14 teams in the A-10. There are 24 districts, 18 represent one conference and 7 represent 2 conferences. Toppin, Crutcher, Lofton, and Russell were the other 4, so those 5 together were 5 of the 6 named to the All A-10 first team.

-thank you, I need that multi-color keep learning thingey

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I think you mean 4 of the 5 named. With JGood, it makes 5. There is no 6th man on that team that I could find. (Only SLU seems to name odd configurations of all-time teams.)

https://nabc.com/nabc_releases/2020/d1_all_district

2 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I think you mean 4 of the 5 named. With JGood, it makes 5. There is no 6th man on that team that I could find. (Only SLU seems to name odd configurations of all-time teams.)

https://nabc.com/nabc_releases/2020/d1_all_district

I think he’s referring to the 6 players the A10 conference named as 1st team, a separate distinction.

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

No, my bad. I really just thought this was like some geographical distribution of schools. Should have read more. But still, he made it so good for JGood. 

I too thought it was geographical. I looked it up and found out it was mostly by conference. I didn't dig in too deeply but I assume the "lesser" D1 leagues (or maybe those leagues with fewer teams) are doubled up in some districts (as billikenbill indicated).

By mistake, I first found last year's NABC teams and saw that Javon Bess was on it for District 4 first team. I believe he was 2nd team A10 but was defensive player of the year so one way or another he made FIRST team NABC. Didn't know it then, but still happy to hear it.