OT TP

Old guy

Yeah, it's just crazy. I've seen live interviews in stores and when asked, people usually say "well, everyone else is grabbing all they can carry, I'm afraid there won't be any for me." But how it got started in the first place for a respiratory disease is a mystery to me. People are just nuts I guess.

Thanks, Old guy. Pretty funny. And sad too.

It’s all about the math and the 30 roll bundle.

Good post for the times.

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

I did not know where to put this but I thought it was priceless, so check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/HowToBeADad/videos/226370061889319/UzpfSTE1ODk3NzEyMzE6MTAyMTQ4MDI2Njc0OTIxNTQ/

I don't understand the video

Clearly he's never lived in a Hoffman house

And 20 sheet's per ? Who's he kidding. 

I read an article on the TP industry earlier this week.  The US based factories are running at full capacity.  The raw wood chips are still coming in.  Yes, distribution has had some speed bumps, and those need to be worked out.  What the industry fears is that soon everyone will have more than enough TP (is your garage full?) and stop buying, resulting in a glut of TP in their warehouses.  And people, some with 9 months supply, won't be buying any too soon.

The only item hard to find in these here parts is hand sanitizer.  Have no fear ---- the local Patapsco Distillery is suspending alcohol distilling operations to step into the breach and will devote the next week to making hand sanitizer.  Supplies are expected to hit the shelves next week.  Some will be for sale until costs are met and then the rest will be given away.

21 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Kirkwood Walmart was OUT of cases of Coke Zero that last time I went there.....The horror...the horror.....

big fan of coke zero.   that is serious.  

This demands some clarification. There are items you need to have, there are items you consume regularly but do not need, and there are items you don't consume regularly and do not need. The third category is to be avoided, the second category deserves some buying but not too much, buy the first category but with a mind that this is not going to be the siege of Troy or anything like it. I'd buy just enough to get you by for a few days, maybe a week or so. Remember your college days and buy a couple dozen ramen noodle packages, these last forever and all you need to eat it is to add hot water plus they are CHEAP as well. Millions of kids have survived for long periods of time on a ramen noodle diet (most of them detest the stuff afterwards).You can look at Ramen noodles as some sort of civilian MREs, ready to eat with minimal work or other ingredients.

When all of this mess is over, you can donate the excess TP in your garage to the missions in poor countries, which should give you a sense of self satisfaction, and allow you to park the car inside the garage, finally.

I think it might be hard to get those N-95 masks. There is a shortage of these at the hospitals and I would tend to think very few if any will go into sales to the public. Maybe, if you are willing to pay the price, you can get some from a reseller at eBay. I just checked, the answer is that you can get a box of 10 brand new 3M N95s in an unopened pack at eBay from $75.00 to $350.00. One enterprising guy will sell you 12 of these beauties (Milwaukee brand) for $450.00. There are scalpers everywhere. Before you buy, find out if they are reusable or re-washable, I have no idea about this. If these things are single use and discard, they are just not affordable through this source.

Old guy, I get it. I work at the hospital. They just aren’t available. The car conpanies have all said they’d start working on production of respiratory materials

It's my understanding that people are buying toilet paper in large quantities in an attempt to wipe out the corona virus.