Coaching Carousel

10 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Chicago Sun Times listed candidates for the  DePaul job , mentioned Ford 

Lucky for us that BOTH Oliver Purnell AND Jerry Wainwright are available so DePaul will undoubtedly pick one of those coaching titans over Ford. 

AND Pat Kennedy is still around. A treasure trove of coaching talent is at DerpAul's disposal!

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

depaul seems to me to be a fordham wannabe.  wasting all their attributes year after year, coach after coach.  

This one goes out to the old timers,  can you name the starting 5 from the 1980-81 DePaul team that went 27-2 and finished #1 in the final AP poll?

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

SLU grad, former Illini Assistant and current Grand Canyon Assist Jamal Walker is on the rumor list for the Eastern Illinois opening, along with about six others.

I'd be thrilled if Jamal Walker got away from Grand Canyon.  I don't really know anything about Jamal other than him being a former SLU player and former assistant at Illinois.  The former SLU player part makes me like him and not want to associate him with Grand Canyon because I loath Grand Canyon (see Pistol's diatribe about how awful they are & how as a for-profit university they should not be allowed to compete in the NCAA).

2 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

This one goes out to the old timers,  can you name the starting 5 from the 1980-81 DePaul team that went 27-2 and finished #1 in the final AP poll?

Coach was Ray Meyers.  Aguirre, Bradshaw and Cummings were on there, but that's all I got.  And I believe they lost to St. Joseph's in the NCAA.

Yeah, Grand Canyon is officially a non-profit according to the accrediting body, but the Department of Education has twice denied their petition to non-profit status.

If Liberty and Arizona State qualify as non-profits, then Grand Canyon should too.

Good job Hoosier Pal, Skip Dillard and Teddy Grubbs..  of course Skip Dillard 's brother was a Billiken , Q

20 hours ago, almaman said:

One and done had whole different meaning with Meyer family and the dance.

Yep 

Just really surprised that DePaul cannot find a local guy w connections.  So much Chicago talent.... in the City and suburbs.  And good conference... all you need is 3 good players...

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Yep 

Just really surprised that DePaul cannot find a local guy w connections.  So much Chicago talent.... in the City and suburbs.  And good conference... all you need is 3 good players...

4 sure just look @ the nun's gang x town.  I secretly fear SIUE

10 hours ago, almaman said:

4 sure just look @ the nun's gang x town.  I secretly fear SIUE

Oh wouldn’t go that far. I would think alot of Chicago kids would like to stay home and play in the Big East as compared to stay home by going to Edwardsville and playing in whatever their league is... the other Valley?