Non-conference Schedule - 2020-21

ACE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

This must be part of the Orlando tournament, right?

You are right, Siena is part of that tournament and I'm sure we would not  host them here for a game and then possibly play them in that tournament.  A couple of things could be at play here.  If it is a tourney game then that would seem to mean that we are one of the top 4 seeds replacing either Xavier or Auburn.  Also, it would mean that we would only be playing 2 games in Orlando if the first tourney game is at the site of each of the top 4 seeded teams.  It could be that Rothstein is incorrect about us HOSTING Siena at the Fetz.

In either case, this is not a game to get too excited about.  They were NET 151 this past year, worse than Belmont, Valpo and probably a few of our other "buy" games last year and in the general vicinity of BC and Tulane.

Siena is decent. Went 20-15 (15-5) and we’re going to the big dance. Were 151 NET, 145 KenPom, and return 4 of 5 starters, including three players who average double digits. We’ll have to watch out for Jalen Pickett, the MAAC player of the year. 

they will probably be similar to Belmont was this season 

The only game set in Orlando is the first one.  Then it all matters on who beats whom. We could meet Siena, we might not.  We could play Boise or Belmont in the opener.  Maybe even Xavier.  In final kenpom stats this year it was Gonzaga (2), Michigan State (7), Auburn (33), Xavier (45), Saint Louis (62), Boise (83), Belmont (109) and Siena (145).  In that 4/5 match up, it would be us vs. Xavier.  Would be a good matchup.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:26 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Hard, maybe, but not impossible.  We didn't expect the 2019-2020 Bills squad to be better than the previous year's, considering the losses, but they were (are — the season wasn't supposed to be over yet).

I think you should correct this post by saying you and a large number of the board members thought we would be worse than the  prior season. I for one, plus a few other members thought we would be or could be better than the prior season.

35 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The only game set in Orlando is the first one.  Then it all matters on who beats whom. We could meet Siena, we might not.  We could play Boise or Belmont in the opener.  Maybe even Xavier.  In final kenpom stats this year it was Gonzaga (2), Michigan State (7), Auburn (33), Xavier (45), Saint Louis (62), Boise (83), Belmont (109) and Siena (145).  In that 4/5 match up, it would be us vs. Xavier.  Would be a good matchup.

If this is like the Charleston classic , they'll consider X, MSU, Zaga, and Auburn the power 5 schools and pit them against the 4 mids. This way they get their best shot at a finale of 2 P5s. If we lose the first game we'll still get a shot a P5 if we win game 2. I think we're taking it all, however. 

On 3/16/2020 at 7:22 AM, wgstl said:

It’ll be hard for them to be much improved, they lose 3 of their top 6

BC just lost Jairus Hamilton to the transfer portal, but kept their coach, who's on the hottest of seats. Still, they should be better on the basis of the Langford brothers. One of whom is a top 100 frosh, and another a former top 100 guy who transferred from Providence. They will probably add a grad. transfer big. Their 2nd best player in 2018/19 was Wynston Tabbs, who got hurt in December. He was electric, and he sat out the entire season. If he somehow gets back to what he was, BC is probably a tourney team. 

Given they're usually ravished by injuries, they'll probably be something like 12th in the ACC next year. 

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I think you should correct this post by saying you and a large number of the board members thought we would be worse than the  prior season. I for one, plus a few other members thought we would be or could be better than the prior season.

You just wrote this in another thread - give it a read: 

SLURadioBoy, making predictions about sports, particularly early predictions, is like learning how to dance in public. As long as you do not mind looking like a total ass, it is a lot of fun to do. Why not? What is not fun to do is to get huffy about being right afterwards.

38 minutes ago, Compton said:

You just wrote this in another thread - give it a read: 

SLURadioBoy, making predictions about sports, particularly early predictions, is like learning how to dance in public. As long as you do not mind looking like a total ass, it is a lot of fun to do. Why not? What is not fun to do is to get huffy about being right afterwards.

Old Guy is a troll. Somehow he has hung around long enough to make the board believe otherwise.

You apparently missed the sentence where I stipulated, "as long as you do not mind looking like a total ass." Perhaps I am old enough not to mind to look like a total ass from time to time. The fact does remain that the majority of the board took the "safe" approach to their early 2019-2020 season prediction, and a small number of members, me included did not. We happened to be right. OK, so big deal, next time I/we may as well be wrong. No need to defend what you say by saying everyone thinks this was going to happen. That is wrong, because not everyone thought that. I am not being huffy. In case you have not noticed, I think and post in ways that do not follow the majority opinion. Am I right all the time or most of the time, probably not, so what?

Do you want to believe that the number of dead from the current epidemic is going to reach the 2 million figure, go ahead and do so. I stand with my prior prediction that the total number will be below 26,000. If I am right it will be a much happier outcome for the US than if the death total reaches the 2 million or above level, do you agree?

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

By "we," I mean the consensus.  I would never suggest any opinion here is unanimous!  Therefore, I don't feel I need to "correct" anything.

Also, I thought the team could be better in 2019-20, considering all of the unknowns, but I didn't think it was probable, because of the same factor.

6 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Old Guy is a troll. Somehow he has hung around long enough to make the board believe otherwise.

we are supposed to believe the guy who has only 34 posts?

4 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Fair point. I've read the board for long enough to vividly remember Old Guy springing onto the scene with cautionary tales about foreign ice cubes. 

Respectfully, I know old guy he is not a troll, he and his wife are long time team blue fans.

Now back on topic can anyone confirm if KSU plays SLU at home?

Happy Friday stay well everyone.

1 hour ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Fair point. I've read the board for long enough to vividly remember Old Guy springing onto the scene with cautionary tales about foreign ice cubes. 

My personal all time Old Guy favorite. One correction, however, they were Mexican Ice Cubes. Not all foreign countries were included. For example, when Crews took the team to the Bahamas to face The Cabana Boys,  ice cube warnings were not issued. 

rgbilliken likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Respectfully, I know old guy he is not a troll, he and his wife are long time team blue fans.

Now back on topic can anyone confirm if KSU plays SLU at home?

Happy Friday stay well everyone.

I have heard from others Old Guy's a really fine fellow and loves the Bills. He obviously has a medical profession background, and I've heard this is indeed the case. I read his posts with interest when it comes to medical issues. Plus, he's very honest, unlike most of us, when he says he knows little about the technical aspects of BB. He just enjoys the sport, the atmosphere, and being a part of Billikens.com. I respect him for his contributions to the board.  

billiken_roy, Adman and CBFan like this