Non-conference Schedule - 2020-21

ACE

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm guessing the rankings I posted aren't taking into account the incoming players (yet) and only factor in what Auburn is losing.  I still think Auburn will see a drop off from this year and SLU should be better than them.

You are aware who their HC is? Hell, he might sign a couple of NBA'ers who were on the final cut line and try to pass them off as foreign players. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Schasz said:

BRoy...cruise ship companies shutting down business due to coronavirus.

The shutdown is not expected to be permanent, although after cruises restart, there will not be many of them available. I hope they are using this idle time to really disinfect the boats, all of them. I plan to take other cruises but will not be inside one of those boats until many loads of tourist go through with no issues.

46 minutes ago, NH said:

I believe we have Kansas State and BC at home. I’d be shocked if we signed up for those games otherwise 

I could see BC coming here. KState, not so sure, that was a neutral (in name only) game. However, I can see where Webber who's been cleaning up on St. L recruits would welcome a trip to the Fetz. Of course, he knows he's gonna get his clock knocked off. 

Sweet Lou likes this

K St is a 3 game series. One in KC, one here, one in Manhattan. BC is a home and home. Auburn is also a series but takes a break this year because we are both playing the same tournament.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The 2019 (-20) Boston College game was part of the Gotham Classic; I doubt BC will be playing at SLU in 2020.

Pretty sure it’s still a home and home, even if under the notional pretense of a tournament 

On 3/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, HoosierPal said:

They don't use random draws for these tourney's so likely the organizers want to see Michigan State and either Auburn or Gonzaga in the final.  My guess is Gonzaga, Michigan State, Xavier and Auburn will be pitted against SLU, Boise State, Belmont and Siena in the first round.  Mix and match any way you want, then tip it up.

I think this is exactly right.  FWIW here is the bracket for this past season’s tournament.

1E1D7575-A8D4-4411-96FD-5EA584BBC44C.jpeg

33 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I think this is exactly right.  FWIW here is the bracket for this past season’s tournament.

1E1D7575-A8D4-4411-96FD-5EA584BBC44C.jpeg

Neat.  Thanks for finding.  Which one of the 'top four' for next year's tourney will the organizers feel is most expendable, i.e., selected to face the Billikens.  My opinion, Xavier's brand is the weakest of them, Gonzaga, Auburn and MSU, so we may get the Musketeers. 

3 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The 2019 (-20) Boston College game was part of the Gotham Classic; I doubt BC will be playing at SLU in 2020.

When it was announced in the offseason by Rothstein he said it was a home and home.

6 hours ago, wgstl said:

It’ll be hard for them to be much improved, they lose 3 of their top 6

Hard, maybe, but not impossible.  We didn't expect the 2019-2020 Bills squad to be better than the previous year's, considering the losses, but they were (are — the season wasn't supposed to be over yet).

13 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Hard, maybe, but not impossible.  We didn't expect the 2019-2020 Bills squad to be better than the previous year's, considering the losses, but they were (are — the season wasn't supposed to be over yet).

Speak for yourself, I predicted a 23 win SLU season lol.  But in all seriousness, I do hope they find the success we had.  Playing them at home next year wont do as much for our Net/Quad unless they find some success. I see they have a 4* coming in, hope he helps. 

On 3/15/2020 at 12:47 PM, HoosierPal said:

My opinion, Xavier's brand is the weakest of them, Gonzaga, Auburn and MSU, so we may get the Musketeers. 

Not so fast.  Auburn loses their top 6(!) players from this year.  Kenpom and Brat torvik have auburn preseason ranked in the low 200's(as of now)

http://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

Playing field:

————————— 

Gonzaga #1

state #16

Saint Louis #33

Xavier #40

Boise State# 94

Belmont #122

Sienna #199

Auburn #260

3 minutes ago, papal said:

Don't want to play Gonzaga in Orlando unless it means we have beaten likes of Michigan State,Xavier,etc.  The Zags are obviously talented,especially upfront and would be a terrible matchup for us.

Bring on everyone next year 

• 2 weeks later...