Non-conference Schedule - 2020-21

ACE

Please feel free to add, but this is what we can count on..

The home game with San Diego State (should be a great opportunity to get a quality win)

The tourney (excellent field)

Are we playing Auburn home or road next year or does it skip a year?

I assume we'll play Methdale on the road since we played them at home this past season

Any other games we are aware?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Are we playing Auburn home or road next year or does it skip a year?

id think it would skip since we could see them in the early season tournament

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-the two leading scorers for SDSU for 2019-20 were juniors, the leading scorer the Flynn kid was impressive on the couple times I saw him on tv, looks like they will lose two senior starters

Malachi Flynn, their leading scorer / PG, may very well enter the NBA draft.  As you mentioned, they'll also lose 2 senior starters.  It will be a very different SDSU team.  Still should be good / NCAA quality, but not a #1/#2 seed type team especially if Flynn leaves.

This is a game we should win if we're going to be as good as we hope.

25 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Bills are also playing in the Orlando Tourney played around Thanksgiving. Thinking about making the trip to see them.

come on schasz, you are going to stay off the cruise ships this year anyway.   make the drive across the state and go see em.   hell if you wear blue, i dont care is your lovely wife wears her orange to the games.   😄

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

come on schasz, you are going to stay off the cruise ships this year anyway.   make the drive across the state and go see em.   hell if you wear blue, i dont care is your lovely wife wears her orange to the games.   😄

BRoy...cruise ship companies shutting down business due to coronavirus. We have not been on a cruise ship in a few years. Just got back from a road trip to TN and watched Auburn roll the Vols. Was impressed with the Thompson-Boling Arena. It's the 3rd largest on campus (attendance holds 24K) in college hoops. They had over 21K at last Saturday's game. Barnes had a heckuva recruiting year with two 5 Stars and one 4 Star so they won't be down long. Also kind of cool to see all the banners the Lady Vols have hanging. Sent a Pic to my niece who is the star player for her HS hoops team in the Lou!

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Based on all the teams listed, I imagine we start off the tournament against Xavier, and when we win that game, move on to play two of Auburn/Michigan State/Gonzaga.

That would make for 3 great games for the NET rating.  While tough to do winning this tournament would have an unbelievable impact on our ranking next year, just as Dayton's trip to Hawaii propelled them to a top 10 ranking.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

We will be playing 3 of these teams in Orlando:

Auburn, Belmont, Boise State, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Siena and Xavier

Projected rankings by http://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php

#1 Gonzaga - pretty surprised they're #1 given that they lose 3 senior starters, but they return their best player (Petrusev) and are still loaded with talent.  I don't think any of the younger guys are projected to go early into the NBA.

#16 Michigan State - "only" lose sr. Cassius Winston among players who regular contribute.  Again no early NBAers projected.

#32 Saint Louis

#39 Xavier - lose 2 senior starters

#93 Boise State

#122 Belmont

#200 Siena

#263 Auburn - this ranking was shockingly low to me, but they lose 5 seniors (4 starters) and their only non-sr. starter (Okoro) is expected to jump to the NBA early.  All told they're expected to lose 84.1% of their total points scored, 75.8% of their total 3pts made, 73% of their total rebounds, 89.4% of their total assists, 80.4% of their total steals and 82.1% of their total blocks,   I don't know what they'll have coming in with freshman & transfers, but that is a lot to replace.

The dream draw is Xavier in the 1st round, beat them, get MSU in the 2nd, beat them, then beat Gonzaga in the finals.  It will be really interesting to see how this thing is seeded and the draw makes a big difference for how much value in terms of NET / NCAA cache SLU can get out of this thing.

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

#1 Gonzaga - pretty surprised they're #1 given that they lose 3 senior starters, but they return their best player (Petrusev) and are still loaded with talent.  I don't think any of the younger guys are projected to go early into the NBA.

#16 Michigan State - "only" lose sr. Cassius Winston among players who regular contribute.  Again no early NBAers projected.

#32 Saint Louis

#93 Boise State

#122 Belmont

#200 Siena

#263 Auburn - this ranking was shockingly low to me, but they lose 5 seniors (4 starters) and their only non-sr. starter (Okoro) is expected to jump to the NBA early.  All told they're expected to lose 84.1% of their total points scored, 75.8% of their total 3pts made, 73% of their total rebounds, 89.4% of their total assists, 80.4% of their total steals and 82.1% of their total blocks,   I don't know what they'll have coming in with freshman & transfers, but that is a lot to replace.

The dream draw is Xavier in the 1st round, beat them, get MSU in the 2nd, beat them, then beat Gonzaga in the finals.  It will be really interesting to see how this thing is seeded and the draw makes a big difference for how much value in terms of NET / NCAA cache SLU can get out of this thing.

I don't think it's even possible for a program like Auburn that routinely has 4-6 four star players on the roster to be bad enough to have a NET ranking of 263.

almaman likes this

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

#32 Saint Louis

#93 Boise State

#122 Belmont

#200 Siena

Auburn will be one of the top 4 seeds in the tournament, probably #3, no matter what their ranking is at that point in the season. I would think they would have Xavier at the #4 seed with SLU at the #5 spot. Even if they gave SLU the #4 spot, Xavier would be #5 and they would play each other. I'm excited for this tournament, we already have a house booked for the week, can't wait.

brianstl likes this

25 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

#32 Saint Louis

#93 Boise State

#122 Belmont

#200 Siena

They don't use random draws for these tourney's so likely the organizers want to see Michigan State and either Auburn or Gonzaga in the final.  My guess is Gonzaga, Michigan State, Xavier and Auburn will be pitted against SLU, Boise State, Belmont and Siena in the first round.  Mix and match any way you want, then tip it up.

29 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I did?

3 star i would have waited to this time next year to question.   if we dont you could have said, "i never said that".   if we do get to the top 15, you could have sat back and taken the props".   😄

I'm out of the wins and losses and rankings business.  The best team prediction I've made was this year when I predicted how many points we'd score.  I thought we'd score about 71 ppg which was very close.  I almost got the points allowed right too but we went on a defensive tear the last five games.  We went from 67 ppg (my prediction was 68) to 65.  Glad to be wrong about that one.

50 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

They don't use random draws for these tourney's so likely the organizers want to see Michigan State and either Auburn or Gonzaga in the final.  My guess is Gonzaga, Michigan State, Xavier and Auburn will be pitted against SLU, Boise State, Belmont and Siena in the first round.  Mix and match any way you want, then tip it up.

Agree they typically match up the bigs w/ the mids first Rd. Then you'll likely get 4 P5 teams in second round to create interest. Then a big championship game w/ 2 P5's. The Bills are gonna mess this up big time. 

56 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Auburn 2 scholarships available and has LOIs from 2 4 stars, 1 pg and 1 SF along with 5 star pg Sharife Cooper from Atlanta, most likely a 1 and done.

I'm guessing the rankings I posted aren't taking into account the incoming players (yet) and only factor in what Auburn is losing.  I still think Auburn will see a drop off from this year and SLU should be better than them.