SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Let me make my point more clear: *** you for insinuating I want people to die. 

no, the real point is you were exposed as a partisan hack and fraud once again....i pointed out that Trump did not say it was a miracle cure and that hydroxyychloroquine is safe to take....you on the other hand just chose to mouth off with no facts..........actually i never said you wanted anything, i clearly said SOME.... MAYBE IT'S YOUR GUILTY CONSCIENCE BOTHERING YOU.....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Some really good news for the country and really good news for Missouri.Dramatic change in the projected death totals in the IHME model.  Down around 12,000 for the country to 81,766. Missouri projected death down over 900 to  352 with a peak on April 13.

What we have have done is having an impact at least according to the models and could mean a much sooner return to normal.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

GEE, I GUESS THE OLD GUY IS NOT AS STUPID AS SOME WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE....

billiken_roy and MB73 like this

5 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

no, the real point is you were exposed as a partisan hack and fraud once again....i pointed out that Trump did not say it was a miracle cure and that hydroxyychloroquine is safe to take....you on the other hand just chose to mouth off with no facts..........actually i never said you wanted anything, i clearly said SOME.... MAYBE IT'S YOUR GUILTY CONSCIENCE BOTHERING YOU.....

BBF:

1) You haven't answered a single question that I posed to you.

2) Trump literally said: "What is the harm?" in reference to taking the drug. That is dangerous

3) It's comical for you to call anyone a political hack.

4) I love that you get BIG MAD on a message Board. You and Old Guy are two peas in a pod.

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

I made an exception to read your post above after placing you in the ignore list.

You finally admit that you are not capable of producing anything close to a medically valid argument. You admit that you do not have a scintilla of medical knowledge. You may know molecules, reactions, and number crunching of testing results. So, you should keep your opinions where they belong, in the trash file given the fact that you have no idea of how to evaluate different kinds of medical publications. The small French study you do not have the knowledge or the intelligence to evaluate properly, with all the faults it may have, probably served to save hundreds if not thousands of lives, by giving a go ahead to the thousands of ID MDs who are using this mode of therapy to control the epidemic. This was exactly what its authors desired, to let as many ID MDs this was a life saving therapy that should be tried. Your slavery to number crunching and statistical perfection has NO PART in this discussion, it never had any part in it. I am glad you agree you are a total nothing in this regard with totally invalid opinions in medical matters.

As far as the Covid ballad that you published in this thread, it is a totally disgraceful display, in full view of everybody, of an educated adult who should know better than to joyfully celebrate, albeit indirectly, in a public forum the current world wide disaster. The amount of human suffering you indirectly celebrate joyfully with your little ballad is unmeasurable. If nothing else, coming out in a public forum with this little indirect joyful celebration of the epidemic denotes, at the very least, extremely poor judgement. This little ballad, your indirect celebration of death and human suffering, goes completely beyond the pale and reveals you for what you are, a total mediocrity with a high sense of entitlement. The most unbelievable thing about it is that you probably posted it believing, I assume, that it was clever and cute. The Covid ballad has nothing to do with your level of ignorance, it has everything to with revealing what a colossal piece of ____ you are. 

One last thing I want to mention to you personally. That grandmother at the Cleveland Clinic who locked herself voluntarily with her 3 year old grandson in a Covid isolation room, fully knowing she is at high risk of dying from it and choosing to stare directly at the face of death, reveals a LADY the likes of which you are not and will never be. In the face of this and many other acts of mostly unknown heroism (which you probably think are acts of stupidity) and the immense human pain and suffering caused by this epidemic, you little ballad is an atrocious and uncalled for insult upon the thousands of victims and relatives of the victims of this disease.

Clicked on this after seeing @RiseAndGrind's post.  @rgbilliken deserves an apology.  

@Old guy I thought you were better than this, but it's obvious you are not.  

20 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

It's also quite telling that not a single person in the Old Boys Club stood up for @rgbillikenwhen Old Guy continued to harass her and bully her. 

@SluSignGuyplease delete my account from this place. It's been a good run but true colors have come out. Politics above all for some.

stop playing the phony woman card.....

14 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Before you play victim again....nobody said it had anything to do with gender.  You keep trying to prop up straw men and then acting like a victim.  Nobody is hoping that people die.  You are the only person that made this a woman issue.  I am not saying this because of politics.  I run the middle and anger both sides.  I am actually a Globalist and Free Trade guy....which means I really do not have much of a political home these days.  So my comment is not meant to be political either.

Either way....before you start screaming and ranting....nobody made this a woman thing (but you).

18 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

This one made me laugh. Phony woman? Playing a "card" ?  At no point in this discussion have I made reference to the fact that I'm a woman. 

My picture is my real picture. My initials are my real initials. People have posted tweets from my real account on this board. I won't post my full name on here because I don't want this site to pop up when people search for me. But I'm probably one of the easiest people on this board to locate and determine is not "phony." I made a decision a long time ago not to hide behind anonymity on here because I felt that if I'm going to fire off on a message board I want to be able to back up everything I say. 

I realize that this is capitulating to many of you who for some inexplicable reason hate me. And many will say "good riddance." You win. I came to this board because I love the Billikens and I wanted to stay up-to-date on Bills news and a sense of community now that I no longer live in STL. With twitter, I no longer need this site for that. But I can read a room and tell I'm not wanted here. I'm out. ✌️

@SluSignGuy, please delete my account.

8 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Before you play victim again....nobody said it had anything to do with gender.  You keep trying to prop up straw men and then acting like a victim.  Nobody is hoping that people die.  You are the only person that made this a woman issue.  I am not saying this because of politics.  I run the middle and anger both sides.  I am actually a Globalist and Free Trade guy....which means I really do not have much of a political home these days.  So my comment is not meant to be political either.

Either way....before you start screaming and ranting....nobody made this a woman thing (but you).

then why bring up gender??????????? i guess you don't have an answer for that.....oh, and I see you ignored the "old boys club" comments as well....

3 hours ago, drkelsey55 said:

As I have previously mention in the past my name is D.  R.(middle initial) Kelsey.

I merrly have a personal oppinion about this topic.  No degrees just livetime experiences. Never had a flu shot. Had the flu in 1966, lost 38 lbs in 3 days and ran a 105 degree temp. No flu since then. My sister in law is a nurse and you 2 would get along well on this topic.

This keepspopping up. I guess I never finished it. Gives the change to let you know that oldguy is going to the ignored list today. 04-06-2020.

Why no flu shot especially after one time you had it sound rough?

22 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

then why bring up gender??????????? i guess you don't have an answer for that.....oh, and I see you ignored the "old boys club" comments as well....

FYI: Old Boys Club is a long-standing, self-created name for a group of longtime posters. It’s use is not derogatory.

29 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

This one made me laugh. Phony woman? Playing a "card" ?  At no point in this discussion have I made reference to the fact that I'm a woman. 

My picture is my real picture. My initials are my real initials. People have posted tweets from my real account on this board. I won't post my full name on here because I don't want this site to pop up when people search for me. But I'm probably one of the easiest people on this board to locate and determine is not "phony." I made a decision a long time ago not to hide behind anonymity on here because I felt that if I'm going to fire off on a message board I want to be able to back up everything I say. 

I realize that this is capitulating to many of you who for some inexplicable reason hate me. And many will say "good riddance." You win. I came to this board because I love the Billikens and I wanted to stay up-to-date on Bills news and a sense of community now that I no longer live in STL. With twitter, I no longer need this site for that. But I can read a room and tell I'm not wanted here. I'm out. ✌️

@SluSignGuy, please delete my account.

hey nitwit, i know you think you are smarter than everyone else on this board, but the comments about playing the woman card, were not made to you, but to RISE AND GRIND.... now find something else to be insulted about.......

18 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You brought up gender.  Nobody else brought up gender.  Are you offended that a woman was referred to as "she"?  You are making less and less sense.

What was I suppose to say about the "old boys club"?  Were you offended by that too?  I have heard that group self-identify by that term.  I am not attacking anyone.  I am just telling you to stop twisting people's words and demanding an answer to a question that has not been asked.

It appears social distancing is working.  It is still early, but things are trending in a better and better direction.  It is almost Easter.  Trump is President.  Stop being so angry and so sensitive.

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

hey nitwit, i know you think you are smarter than everyone else on this board, but the comments about playing the woman card, were not made to you, but to RISE AND GRIND.... now find something else to be insulted about.......

You refuse to answer the question again.....how did Rise and Grind play the woman card or use the woman card?  Are you so sensitive the simply using the term she/her offends you?

10 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

You refuse to answer the question again.....how did Rise and Grind play the woman card or use the woman card?  Are you so sensitive the simply using the term she/her offends you?

As mentioned countless times this thread should be closed. But to answer your question...R and G did emphasize gender. If you go back to his defense of rg he emphasized that she was a woman by using LADY. Her sex should have been irrelevant to her defense but he chose to use it. I  can see why some might have thought he was playing the gender card.

billiken_roy likes this

I am not going to engage deeply in this thread, but my encouragement to all posters is: Do not read or post in it.  There are many posters in this thread who are just trying to attract attention or get a rise out of others, and I suspect these posters will not take my advice.  For others, I recognize that it can be difficult to disengage if you have been offended or another poster is attacking you.  Just remember, many of the people in this thread are purposely looking to stir the pot.  But just be the bigger person and walk away from the thread.

As mentioned at the outset of this thread, the purpose of this thread is to keep a lot of the garbage discussion that has taken place in it out of the other threads, which so far has been largely accomplished.  I currently am not going to lock or delete the thread, as I suspect that this will just lead to a wider problem with the trolls in particular finding a new place to poke up their heads.  This will not be the first or last thread on Billikens.com that becomes a cess pool (e.g. see the Situation II) - but that regrettably is the nature of the internet.

Maybe another way to put it is: Don't give the thread oxygen (by posting in it) and let it die.

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

One last thing I want to mention to you personally. That grandmother at the Cleveland Clinic who locked herself voluntarily with her 3 year old grandson in a Covid isolation room, fully knowing she is at high risk of dying from it and choosing to stare directly at the face of death, reveals a LADY the likes of which you are not and will never be. In the face of this and many other acts of mostly unknown heroism (which you probably think are acts of stupidity) and the immense human pain and suffering caused by this epidemic, you little ballad is an atrocious and uncalled for insult upon the thousands of victims and relatives of the victims of this disease.

This is the only use of the word LADY and it was not from Rise and Grind. 

It is simply untrue that gender was brought into this.  It is again too that the word Lady/She/Her is enough to send some off the deep end and start accusing others of playing the woman card.  The ongoing propping up of straw men and playing the victim is getting old and fanning the flames of this argument.  I would like to hear Big Bill Fan explain how the woman card was played.

12 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

This is the only use of the word LADY and it was not from Rise and Grind. 

It is simply untrue that gender was brought into this.  It is again too that the word Lady/She/Her is enough to send some off the deep end and start accusing others of playing the woman card.  The ongoing propping up of straw men and playing the victim is getting old and fanning the flames of this argument.  I would like to hear Big Bill Fan explain how the woman card was played.

What connotation does Old Boys club have? Wouldn't you agree that is making gender an issue?

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Read my post above. Old Boys Club is a self-created term/group by some longtime posters on this board.

Thanks for sharing. If you Google the expression you find some very nasty insinuations that go along with it related to gender.  Bottom line...if we went through all these posts and made a list of the insults hurled back and forth from all sides it would be staggering and embarrassing.  We need to let this thread die a natural death since it isn't going to be deleted. When I am at a game I don't know or care about the politics of the fans around me...we enjoy each other. Threads like this do not represent who we are.