SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

22 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

long way to go to get to that 240,000 discussed a couple of weeks ago.   

Not when you start adding "suspected" deaths to the totals, you could make 240,000 additional deaths in a matter of a couple of  days. It is like the election ballots from people already dead. When the facts are not in your favor it is time to cheat, correct?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Not when you start adding "suspected" deaths to the totals, you could make 240,000 additional deaths in a matter of a couple of  days. It is like the election ballots from people already dead. When the facts are not in your favor it is time to cheat, correct?

You two have the leader you deserve.

29 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Are you going to celebrate this? Do you realize that the new total was caused by officials in NY deciding to add more than 3,700 deaths "suspected" to be caused by Covid to their totals. When you play with funny or fake (read "suspected") numbers the sky is the limit, is it not?

Nope, not celebrating. In fact I hate that we could have done a better job but didn't. I hate that our administration didn't take any definitive action in February that would have saved lives.  

Also, you're wrong.  You've been consistently wrong.  You will continue to be wrong. Time for you to shut up and get the hell off this thread. If you wanted to leave the board, that'd be fine too.  After the things you've gotten wrong about this pandemic and the ridiculous things you've said about other posters, I have no patience for your bullsh!t. 

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Forbes:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/04/14/underreporting-of-covid-19-deaths-in-the-us-and-europe/amp/

Politifact:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/14/candace-owens/covid-19-skeptics-say-theres-overcount-doctors-fie/

Factcheck.org

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

NY Times

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/05/us/coronavirus-deaths-undercount.amp.html

The Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-strikes-at-least-2-100-nursing-homes-across-u-s-killing-2-000-residents-11586554096

All disagree with you Old Guy. 

COVID-19 deaths have been vastly underreported. The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security disagrees with you. 

We will be counting COVID-19 dead bodies for years to come.

7 minutes ago, courtside said:

Time for Old Guy to leave this board. His input could actually cost lives of the people on this board. Also, he's an ahole. 

8 minutes ago, courtside said:

And not all of these are left leaning media. Forbes and the Wall Street journal are central or slight right leaning.  

courtside likes this

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Time for Old Guy to leave this board. His input could actually cost lives of the people on this board. Also, he's an ahole. 

Time for you to leave loser... disgusting that you are celebrating death.... and save the phony I care bull****...

I knew as soon as we hit the 26,000 that the phonies would come out of the woodwork...again, IT IS ALWAYS THE BUTT HURT LIBERALS WHO START AND PERPETUATE THIS HATE...

HoosierPal likes this

19 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Time for you to leave loser... disgusting that you are celebrating death.... and save the phony I care bull****...

I knew as soon as we hit the 26,000 that the phonies would come out of the woodwork...again, IT IS ALWAYS THE BUTT HURT LIBERALS WHO START AND PERPETUATE THIS HATE...

So I’ve been reading this thread for a while now and decided not to engage, but this is over the top. I haven’t seen anyone here celebrating death at all. All moytoy and others have done is point out that Old Guy’s figure was wrong. Simple. 

I think you’re quick to call people “butt hurt” and claim that they’re “perpetuating hate” because you, old guy, and a few others were wrong but can’t admit it. When the virus originally broke out, you said that it was a “political ploy” and downplayed the severity of the situation. Once it became clear that it wasn’t just the flu, you started to attack others that were right all along.   If anyone is perpetuating hate, it’s you and others who were attacking people throughout this thread.

I’m not here to argue politics or even about the virus. I have my own opinions but everything that I would have to say about the virus has already been said. I just think your approach to this whole thing has gone overboard.

dlarry likes this

6 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

So I’ve been reading this thread for a while now and decided not to engage, but this is over the top. I haven’t seen anyone here celebrating death at all. All moytoy and others have done is point out that Old Guy’s figure was wrong. Simple. 

I think you’re quick to call people “butt hurt” and claim that they’re “perpetuating hate” because you, old guy, and a few others were wrong but can’t admit it. When the virus originally broke out, you said that it was a “political ploy” and downplayed the severity of the situation. Once it became clear that it wasn’t just the flu, you started to attack others that were right all along.   If anyone is perpetuating hate, it’s you and others who were attacking people throughout this thread.

I’m not here to argue politics or even about the virus. I have my own opinions but everything that I would have to say about the virus has already been said. I just think your approach to this whole thing has gone overboard.

Your naive if you believe that bs... he and others wet their collective pants in their haste to one up the old guy.. by the way, where is your outrage about the old guy being called a dick??? Your silence and others, speaks volumes...

11 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Your naive if you believe that bs... he and others wet their collective pants in their haste to one up the old guy.. by the way, where is your outrage about the old guy being called a dick??? Your silence and others, speaks volumes...

I looked at this site tonight for the first time in 3 weeks wondering why it is still going, my the hatred and insults spewed on here looks like a "yahoo" message  board. I think I'll stick with the basketball threads.

14 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

And your silence when Old Guy was chasing people off of the board with personal attacks?

17 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Your cap button gone hoarse?

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

The party of personal responsibility, ladies and gentlemen.

4 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

the drug of choice in the u.s. is hydroxychloriquine and the brazil study used 3 times the standard dose of chloroquine and noted some arrythmias. Did anyone die in the brazil study?

"Roughly half the study participants were given a dose of 450 milligrams of chloroquine twice daily for five days, while the rest were prescribed a higher dose of 600 milligrams for 10 days. Within three days, researchers started noticing heart arrhythmias in patients taking the higher dose. By the sixth day of treatment, 11 patients had died, leading to an immediate end to the high-dose segment of the trial.

“To me, this study conveys one useful piece of information, which is that chloroquine causes a dose-dependent increase in an abnormality in the ECG that could predispose people to sudden cardiac death,” said Dr. David Juurlink, an internist and the head of the division of clinical pharmacology at the University of Toronto, referring to an electrocardiogram, which reads the heart’s electrical activity.""