SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

O Gs 26K. line in the sand will be passed in less than 6 days if we avg the same total as last 2 days divided by 2. 

Trump needs you in the inner circle Old Guy your alternative facts will fit right in with the other crooks and idiots.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

“From the result of their blood survey, the German team estimated the death rate in the municipality at 0.37% overall, a figure significantly lower than what’s shown on a dashboard maintained by Johns Hopkins, where the death rate in Germany among reported cases is 2%.”

MB73 likes this

3 minutes ago, almaman said:

yet another movie list. this one is about under rated or panned. bunch of them. good conversation starter. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/04/30-underrated-films-watch-quarantine/609784/

Everyone of those movies are still awful.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:24 PM, almaman said:

O Gs 26K. line in the sand will be passed in less than 6 days if we avg the same total as last 2 days divided by 2. 

Trump needs you in the inner circle Old Guy your alternative facts will fit right in with the other crooks and idiots.

I know I'll probably get some troll votes for this but it just bugs the f.ck out of me. Why do you have to label a post you don't like or agree with as a troll. Can we not distinguish the difference between a troll and someone who's post you disagree with but is clearly not a troll. I guess my problem is it takes the sting out of actually being a troll. Calling someone a troll should mean we want to get rid of them as they are just trolling the board not we just don't like their post. 

Got it off my chest. Continue on. 

thetorch, almaman, SLU_Nick and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, almaman said:

yet another movie list. this one is about under rated or panned. bunch of them. good conversation starter. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/04/30-underrated-films-watch-quarantine/609784/

Nice call on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.  Kilmer and Downey had great chemistry in this one and the latter delivered the charismatic snarkiness that he would perfect as Iron Man.

35 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Nice call on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.  Kilmer and Downey had great chemistry in this one and the latter delivered the charismatic snarkiness that he would perfect as Iron Man.

thanks I will try to check it out.

New England Journal published the pilot study of Remdesivir for severe CV19.  The follow up study is ongoing and SLU is one if the 75 centers.  This data looks pretty good though a small study, so patient selection bias is a potential problem, but some pretty sick patient got better.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2007016

hope that worked

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Everyone of those movies are still awful.

I liked Tokyo Drift 

Oceans 12 is OK

Constantine was OK

Dredd is good

Armageddon is good

Premium Rush is entertaining 

These are the types of movies you know aren’t very good but you still really enjoy them. 
Perfect lazy day movies.

32 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I liked Tokyo Drift 

Oceans 12 is OK

Constantine was OK

Dredd is good

Armageddon is good

Premium Rush is entertaining 

These are the types of movies you know aren’t very good but you still really enjoy them. 
Perfect lazy day movies.

Constantine was a surprisingly clever adaptation of the Hellblazer comic book.  And the Gabriel/Constantine confrontation is iconic.  The last 20 min transformed the movie into a cult classic that the goth crowd will be watching 30 years from now.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Constantine was a surprisingly clever adaptation of the Hellblazer comic book.  And the Gabriel/Constantine confrontation is iconic.  The last 20 min transformed the movie into a cult classic that the goth crowd will be watching 30 years from now.

Thanks for the warning 🥴

10 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Great flick. Another one in the same style that i enjoy is Thank You for Smoking.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

It looks like the public healthcare experts want us home for at least another 6 weeks to prevent a rebound to current numbers.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/more-than-2000-us-coronavirus-deaths-reported-in-a-day-likely-a-peak-toll-expert-says/

I think they could push til mid May at most. After that most people are going to say enough is enough. Mid May would be 2 months for most places. 

37 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a series to start binge watching? I’m rolling thru Ozark now. Some “current” shows I really like include Billions and Succession. 

Master of None was fun. Netflix

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I think they could push til mid May at most. After that most people are going to say enough is enough. Mid May would be 2 months for most places. 

From following the situation closely over the past month and having a healthcare background, my guess is that May 22nd is the first possible date we can begin to open up segments of the economy. Looking at the May calendar, the 26th seems like a logical date they'll settle on as it's the Tuesday following Memorial Day.

cheeseman and 3star_recruit like this