SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

5 hours ago, dennis_w said:

What specific remark did you find "insane" or incompetent?

Here's one:

Q    But — but do you think every state in this country should be prepared for mail-in voting in case we’re in a situation —

THE PRESIDENT:  No, because I think a lot of people cheat with mail-in voting.  I think people should vote with ID — voter ID.  I think voter ID is very important.  And the reason they don’t want voter ID is because they intend to cheat.

When you get something, when you buy something, you look at your cards and credit cards and different cards — you have your picture on many of them.  Not all of them, but on many of them.  You should have a picture on your — on your — for voting.  It should be called “Voter ID.”  They should have that.

It shouldn’t be mail-in voting.  It should be: You go to a booth and you proudly display yourself.  You don’t send it in the mail where people pick up — all sorts of bad things can happen by the time they signed that, if they sign that — if they signed that by the time it gets in and is tabulated.

No, it shouldn’t be mailed in.  You should vote at the booth.  And you should have voter ID, because when you have voter ID, that’s the real deal.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re a piece of garbage...

Just not as big a one as the impostor in the white house. How many more will die from the tRumpvirus? As much as I dislike tRump and his brand of political ignorance and the hate he has force multiplied, I hope that none of the members of billikens.com, or anyone else for that matter, falls victim to this malady.

My work is keeping me in the public, and despite gloves, frequent hand and glove sanitizing, and mask, I’ve developed a cough and sore throat. This is scary. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

44 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Just not as big a one as the impostor in the white house. How many more will die from the tRumpvirus? As much as I dislike tRump and his brand of political ignorance and the hate he has force multiplied, I hope that none of the members of billikens.com, or anyone else for that matter, falls victim to this malady.

My work is keeping me in the public, and despite gloves, frequent hand and glove sanitizing, and mask, I’ve developed a cough and sore throat. This is scary. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Then if you care so much about members on this board, quit trashing them! The fact that some support President Trump, shouldn’t be a green light for you or others to attack them. 

8 hours ago, almaman said:

Boy I self exciled myself for 24 hours from here as I thought I got a little too heated on the forbidden political stuff. With no sports that was kind of tough :)

I would like to ask those who ? what exactly did the president say so bad in today's shitshow? He never did press conferences in the 3 years but now has no outlet so we are subject to these daily displays of hate and incompetence. Just the fact that jared is involved says it all. But anyway have you ever seen tv show called the Simpsons? If you and I missed a show and I told you that whatever Mr. Burns did it in that episode was surely evil and self serving would you need documentation?

Not looking to pick an argument but these blanket statements people make are so easy to refute. You say he never did press conferences for 3 years...really? He was constantly giving press conferences. Almost every time before boarding his plane he took questions from the media...no president has been more open to the people than him. Now its possible you didn't watch them but he sure as heck had them. We are in a national emergency...most agree it is proper to have daily appearances with the press. Face it...it is not the press conferences that bother you...it is him.  If you liked him they wouldn't be annoying you.  What does bother  me, are those same reporters who come to the conferences for the sole purpose attacking him. Many of the media aren't used to someone actually standing up to them...many of his supporters find that refreshing.

BIG BILL FAN likes this

40 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Then if you care so much about members on this board, quit trashing them! The fact that some support President Trump, shouldn’t be a green light for you or others to attack them. 

Good post. I respect that.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Good post. I respect that.

This is why the thread should end. This thread only serves to divide good billikens fans. Clearly the mods aren't going to delete this thread but we can all make it go away by just stopping.  I am willing to make that commitment now. How about you joining me?

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

You talk about the hate Trump has force multiplied but you seem to do a lot of name calling and make blanket statement about groups of people who disagree with you. Then when people don't like it they are snowflakes, yet the one who's feelings seemed hurt and got upset was you. Somehow you justify an action or statement when you or someone you agree with does or says something rude or hurtful but get offended when the people you disagree with do the same. Seems a little (or a lot) hypocritical. The hate monger and name caller actually seems to be you. 

Also thanks I guess for my first troll rating. Getting it from a person who has revealed themselves to be of the character you have revealed yourself to be of is a badge of honor. 

Despite my feelings about your recent posts we've been posting together for years and I'm sure I've found you to be a good poster many times. I hope you get tested and are found healthy and safe. 

I'm in my 60, the edge of the higher risk group. My wife and I have made many sacrifices to help our daughters get good educations, good jobs and have the opportunity to enjoy good careers and pursue their dreams.

I have been concerned about trillion dollar annual deficits and the threat they pose to our economy and our country. Then last week Congress and the president approved adding 2 trillion more to the deficit.  So who is going to pay that 2 trillion?  Our children and grand children. 

It is easy to say, chose life over money. But a more sober way to look at it is what spending and programs would we need to cut to come up with 2 trillion dollars? Our fed gov roughly spends 4 trillion per and roughly 1 trillion of that is social security.  So if we could cancel social security for 2 years, to come up with the 2 trillion dollars to cover it. But that would create tremendous hardships.  Those 2 trillion dollars represent life, and you can't come up with 2 trillion dollars without affecting lives, quality of life and physical life.

If our government and the citizens  lack the will and desire to actually pay the debt back, the only other option is to just print more of it..... lots more.  If we continue to treat our dollars like Monoply money, soon it will be Monopoly money.  We are pretending that shutting down this economy has no real cost, but we are stealing from our children.

We must get back to work, yes there will be consequences. Maybe I will get sick, and maybe I will need a ventilator and there won't be one. That is a risk that I am willing to take, before I watch this country and the future of our children collapse. We must take reasonable precautions, isolate those at greatest risk, but we must go back to work and we can not live in fear. 

HenryB likes this

5 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I'm in my 60, the edge of the higher risk group. My wife and I have made many sacrifices to help our daughters get good educations, good jobs and have the opportunity to enjoy good careers and pursue their dreams.

I have been concerned about trillion dollar annual deficits and the threat they pose to our economy and our country. Then last week Congress and the president approved adding 2 trillion more to the deficit.  So who is going to pay that 2 trillion?  Our children and grand children. 

It is easy to say, chose life over money. But a more sober way to look at it is what spending and programs would we need to cut to come up with 2 trillion dollars? Our fed gov roughly spends 4 trillion per and roughly 1 trillion of that is social security.  So if we could cancel social security for 2 years, to come up with the 2 trillion dollars to cover it. But that would create tremendous hardships.  Those 2 trillion dollars represent life, and you can't come up with 2 trillion dollars without affecting lives, quality of life and physical life.

If our government and the citizens  lack the will and desire to actually pay the debt back, the only other option is to just print more of it..... lots more.  If we continue to treat our dollars like Monoply money, soon it will be Monopoly money.  We are pretending that shutting down this economy has no real cost, but we are stealing from our children.

We must get back to work, yes there will be consequences. Maybe I will get sick, and maybe I will need a ventilator and there won't be one. That is a risk that I am willing to take, before I watch this country and the future of our children collapse. We must take reasonable precautions, isolate those at greatest risk, but we must go back to work and we can not live in fear. 

If the president had not disbanded the pandemic response team and had placed orders for the needed medical supplies six weeks ago, we may have been able to go to work next week. The 2 trillion dollars is a cost of that failure.  Actions have consequences.

49 minutes ago, HenryB said:

This is why the thread should end. This thread only serves to divide good billikens fans. Clearly the mods aren't going to delete this thread but we can all make it go away by just stopping.  I am willing to make that commitment now. How about you joining me?

Agree.

31 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I get you’re willing to take a risk on your health but you don’t to make that decision for the millions of other high risk people across the country 

49 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

You talk about the hate Trump has force multiplied but you seem to do a lot of name calling and make blanket statement about groups of people who disagree with you. Then when people don't like it they are snowflakes, yet the one who's feelings seemed hurt and got upset was you. Somehow you justify an action or statement when you or someone you agree with does or says something rude or hurtful but get offended when the people you disagree with do the same. Seems a little (or a lot) hypocritical. The hate monger and name caller actually seems to be you. 

Also thanks I guess for my first troll rating. Getting it from a person who has revealed themselves to be of the character you have revealed yourself to be of is a badge of honor. 

Despite my feelings about your recent posts we've been posting together for years and I'm sure I've found you to be a good poster many times. I hope you get tested and are found healthy and safe. 

Good post. Time for this thread to end. Missing work today as a result of this. Wife all over me about going to the doc on Monday. Probably have to.

slufanskip likes this

57 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I did not see this posted earlier.  Missouri governor Mike Parson announced a statewide stay at home order yesterday.   https://governor.mo.gov/priorities/stay-home-order

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Bummer hang in there. Keep us posted. 

13 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

after november, maybe you will realize america overall sees president Trump a lot different than you do.    

So you believe in the popular vote concept.  You do know that Trump lost by 3 million votes.

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I’m sorry, that’s scary for you and your family. I hope you’re ok. 

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I get you’re willing to take a risk on your health but you don’t to make that decision for the millions of other high risk people across the country 

My point is that the disease is one threat and economic collapse is the other.  Our current strategy of shutting down whole states and some desire the whole country, put our economy at great risk. There is little discussion about the financial consequences of this shut down strategy.

A lock down could take a dip in the economy and turn it into a tail spin, where the housing market collapses and the banking industry then manufacturing.  We would have to "borrow" or print more money to bail out Fannie may and Freddie mac again, and GM and Chrysler again, and the airlines.

Right now, people are not working because the states are telling them to stay home. But if we wait too long, the jobs will not be there when it is "safe" to return. Many small businesses are going out of business.

The shutdowns dont stop the virus, they just slow it down.  We can wreck the economy and the futures of our children, and we will still have the virus.

MB73 likes this

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Good post. Time for this thread to end. Missing work today as a result of this. Wife all over me about going to the doc on Monday. Probably have to.

Thanks. truly wishing you and your wife the best.