SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

4 hours ago, HenryB said:

I wake up this morning to this inflammatory post...wow! You really think you are going to win people to your cause with that kind of rhetoric?  Posts like that suggest you just want to be mean and miserable. Your choice but sure seems like a waste of the gift of life.

Awww, is the little snowflake butthurt again? When you guys need emergency medicine be sure to keep the phone number for the Waaahmbulance close by.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

First off, this has nothing to do with my above post. 

Second, what an absolutely embarrassing, sickening insult to some of the best and brightest students graduating from our SLU medical school this year, who are matching into a specialty which has quickly become one of the most competitive in the entire match process over the past five years. You consider yourself a Billikens fan? Be proud of our SLU graduates, no matter what their specialty is. God knows, we need more mental healthcare providers in this country, especially after this pandemic is all said and done. You sicken me, especially if you indeed are an MD. I don't need your validation, nor do any of the other professionals on this board. 

Blocked. 

OK, so I guessed correctly. This is nice to know.

9 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Awww, is the little snowflake butthurt again? When you guys need emergency medicine be sure to keep the phone number for the Waaahmbulance close by.

Are you angry, bitter, crude, and obnoxious all the time or only when you are awake?

35 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I honestly don't remember. I never actually used it as I paid everything under 10k and never had a claim. 

I really don't have an answer on how to solve the problem and it is a problem. The US spends more money per capita by a significant amount and is not even rated near the top in quality of coverage. We have the same problem with education.  I want both sides to send reps and their "experts" into a room with an agreement that we live with whatever comes out and congress lives with the same plan. No one leaves to we have a new plan agreed to by both parties. 

i've long said, open up the medicaid program to cover more people.   no need to reinvent the wheel.   the govt thinks they can do single payer, let them take on an enlarged medicaid program first and prove they can effectively handle that.  

meanwhile small business and employees that have to get their own coverage should be able to buy across state lines to compare and shop for the best private program they want that might be a better deal than even medicaid that might not be able to provide as thorough of care or allow the customer to use their preferred facilities or providors. 

AGB91 likes this

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i've long said, open up the medicaid program to cover more people.   no need to reinvent the wheel.   the govt thinks they can do single payer, let them take on an enlarged medicaid program first and prove they can effectively handle that.  

meanwhile small business and employees that have to get their own coverage should be able to buy across state lines to compare and shop for the best private program they want that might be a better deal than even medicaid that might not be able to provide as thorough of care or allow the customer to use their preferred facilities or providors. 

As I’m sure you know, part of the ACA expanded Medicaid funding to allow states to expand eligibility. Thus, there are many more Americans on Medicaid today than before the ACA.

Selling insurance policies across state lines would create a variety of issues, including challenges regulating insurers. It would also reduce competition in the long run. On the surface it seems like a great idea, but there are a ton of reasons it will never become reality.

This is good dialogue. Ultimately, as Skip stated, we need experts from both sides of the aisle to come together to re-create our healthcare system. The ACA only provided patchwork to an already broken system.

36 minutes ago, laurk said:

Nope, I'm perfectly happy with my choice.

I think you just like being the big cheese medical guy on here.  You thought you were alone since no one else was posting paragraphs about every medical related thing.  You don't like thinking that anyone else has any similar knowledge to you.  Now that you know there are others, you are lashing out at them, trying to put them down to make yourself feel better.

How's that bit of psychiatry for you?

To be honest, I think a number of other posters on the board have better medical knowledge than this guy. At first the whole credentials thing seemed like a big joke but now I'm genuinely questioning them. A lot of the stuff he has been posting is either inaccurate, misleading, or just complete word salad. And he's narcissistic enough to be deeply, personally offended when someone questions his unbending opinions, or frankly, may be a better source of information than him. Anyways I'm done with his schtick. 

5 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

As I’m sure you know, part of the ACA expanded Medicaid funding to allow states to expand eligibility. Thus, there are many more Americans on Medicaid today than before the ACA.

Selling insurance policies across state lines would create a variety of issues, including challenges regulating insurers. It would also reduce competition in the long run. On the surface it seems like a great idea, but there are a ton of reasons it will never become reality.

This is good dialogue. Ultimately, as Skip stated, we need experts from both sides of the aisle to come together to re-create our healthcare system. The ACA only provided patchwork to an already broken system.

Explain to me how crossing state lines would create a variety of issues? Why would there be challenges regulating? Why wouldn't the same regulations apply? It'd be up to the insurer to meet the requirements id they want to sell across state lines. Admittedly I'm not up on the challenges or the current regulations and I've heard the crossing state lines idea a lot. My current company sells in more than just 1 state. 

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

you are correct.   because from a child forward i was taught to take care of myself and be independent and not look for people to do for me.    if i needed more, i worked harder, made myself better and put myself in positions to get better jobs with better benefits and more money.    

L Ron Hubbard said, "if you want milk, dont sit on a stool in a pasture and expect a cow to come along and back up to you".   

us deplorables go get it.   the elite deep state wants it all just given to them.  

You're probably too old and miserable to "get it," but you're quite literally a walking, talking meme. 

9 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Explain to me how crossing state lines would create a variety of issues? Why would there be challenges regulating? Why wouldn't the same regulations apply? It'd be up to the insurer to meet the requirements id they want to sell across state lines. Admittedly I'm not up on the challenges or the current regulations and I've heard the crossing state lines idea a lot. My current company sells in more than just 1 state. 

in all likelihood skip that company had to create a separate llc or corporation to do business in the other state(s).   each state company might be owned by a parent company to appear to get around it, but still they had to likely jump through some hoops.   this is where there likely becomes an issue of less competition because companies such as this would dominate rather than the small insurance office that is trying to take advantage of agressive phone, mail or internet work to garner more customers.   and that small insurance office is the one that eventually will go away.   has to be an effort to protect that guy.   unfortunately, insurance lobbies are extremely powerful and you can bet they arent beholden to that little guy.  

8 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

What you described is how our current system is structured. If an insurance company located in state A wants to sell policies in state B it must have the appropriate licensure in both states and follow DOI regulations in the state(s) it chooses to sell policies.

The entire reasoning behind the concept of selling across state lines is to allow an insurer to be licensed (and regulated) in one state while selling policies in as many states as it wants. This is where challenges regulating the insurer come into play.

Interestingly, the ACA explicitly allows for selling across state lines, but it is up to individual states to pursue laws operationalizing it. 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I honestly don't remember. I never actually used it as I paid everything under 10k and never had a claim. 

I really don't have an answer on how to solve the problem and it is a problem. The US spends more money per capita by a significant amount and is not even rated near the top in quality of coverage. We have the same problem with education.  I want both sides to send reps and their "experts" into a room with an agreement that we live with whatever comes out and congress lives with the same plan. No one leaves to we have a new plan agreed to by both parties. 

Nailed it, skip. Great post.

5 minutes ago, disgruntledbilliken said:

You're probably too old and miserable to "get it," but you're quite literally a walking, talking meme. 

you're the one that claims to be "disgruntled"

5 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

What you described is how our current system is structured. If an insurance company located in state A wants to sell policies in state B it must have the appropriate licensure in both states and follow DOI regulations in the state(s) it chooses to sell policies.

The entire reasoning behind the concept of selling across state lines is to allow an insurer to be licensed (and regulated) in one state while selling policies in as many states as it wants. This is where challenges regulating the insurer come into play.

Interestingly, the ACA explicitly allows for selling across state lines, but it is up to individual states to pursue laws operationalizing it. 

Again admittedly uninformed, I don't think at first glance I would be for a company licensed in Illinois being able to sell in Mo without being licensed in Mo.  Why isn't it feasible to have one set of regulations that apply to all states? Then we just need to make the licensing fee cost effective and everyone sells everywhere including small companies. 

19 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Again admittedly uninformed, I don't think at first glance I would be for a company licensed in Illinois being able to sell in Mo without being licensed in Mo.  Why isn't it feasible to have one set of regulations that apply to all states? Then we just need to make the licensing fee cost effective and everyone sells everywhere including small companies. 

Great idea but impossible with our system of Federalism.

29 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Why do you continue to be so disingenuous? There are countless examples of liberals saying the exact same thing early on..why don't you share them? You don't want to be objective...you want to push your hateful narrative.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e34a3b7c5b6f26233294378/amp?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pelosi-encouraged-public-gatherings-in-late-february-weeks-after-trumps-china-travel-ban

BigMouthBilliken likes this

Just now, DoctorB said:

As of the most recent update, SLU Hospital has 15 positive patients receiving inpatient treatment, of which eight are in the ICU and five are on ventilators.

Any reports of how many were treated and released?

3 hours ago, HenryB said:

Are you angry, bitter, crude, and obnoxious all the time or only when you are awake?

The widdle snowflake is still butthurt. Awww, that’s precious.

To support the right wing malfeasance which is wrecking this country, to be a Hannity, Limbaugh, and Faux News lapdog, you prove that you are intellectually weak. The right wing is made up of people who are of the same mindset that fell for Goebbels propoganda and worshipped Hitler.

I once had a patient, a native German born 1925, who told me that Hitler was a great man who never did any of the things he was accused of. This otherwise pleasant man had been so brainwashed by the Nazi propoganda machine that 55 years after the war ended, he still believed in Hitler.

The right wing media has done the same thing to the intellectually and morally bankrupt among us, and you too, will claim that Trump is a great man who never did anything wrong or even told a lie. That’s the definition of bankrupt thinking. 

Enlighten yourselves, rid yourself of the right wing stench that surronds you, and you have the chance to become a contributing member to the intellectual discussion that will help us out of this pit of hell which the right wing has created.

10 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

To support the right wing malfeasance which is wrecking this country, to be a Hannity, Limbaugh, and Faux News lapdog, you prove that you are intellectually weak. The right wing is made up of people who are of the same mindset that fell for Goebbels propoganda and worshipped Hitler.

I once had a patient, a native German born 1925, who told me that Hitler was a great man who never did any of the things he was accused of. This otherwise pleasant man had been so brainwashed by the Nazi propoganda machine that 55 years after the war ended, he still believed in Hitler.

The right wing media has done the same thing to the intellectually and morally bankrupt among us, and you too, will claim that Trump is a great man who never did anything wrong or even told a lie. That’s the definition of bankrupt thinking. 

Enlighten yourselves, rid yourself of the right wing stench that surronds you, and you have the chance to become a contributing member to the intellectual discussion that will help us out of this pit of hell which the right wing has created.

guess you are pretty excited about jordan goodwin potentially going pro so you dont have to see him in a billiken uniform anymore beings you are the number one goodwin hater at billikens.com

HenryB likes this

18 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Does the left wing Democrats who applaud the killing of full term babies have a stench or only right wingers have the smell?

AGB91 and BIG BILL FAN like this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Some day you are going to look back at that insane diatribe and feel so ashamed.