SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

no the libreral elites just get it unearned given to them.   washington dc is loaded with them.  

yea i hate those NYC elites that were born into wealth and think they are smarter than everyone else just because their parents were successful. Thank god you (@billiken_roy) would never be caught dead supporting one of those people.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

yea i hate those NYC elites that were born into wealth and think they are smarter than everyone else just because their parents were successful. Thank god you (@billiken_roy) would never be caught dead supporting one of those people.

when one sees the light and works to take care of him/herself and fellow americans, you know you got a gem then.   they have at that point graduated from elite to deplorable as well.

33 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

you are correct.   because from a child forward i was taught to take care of myself and be independent and not look for people to do for me.    if i needed more, i worked harder, made myself better and put myself in positions to get better jobs with better benefits and more money.    

L Ron Hubbard said, "if you want milk, dont sit on a stool in a pasture and expect a cow to come along and back up to you".   

us deplorables go get it.   the elite deep state wants it all just given to them.  

In October of 1947 L. Ron Hubbard wrote a letter (one of many) to the United States Government requesting money because of his money problems, bankruptcies, etc...and even after receiving some, he pleaded guilty to petty theft in 1948. He was convicted of fraud in France in 1978. 

2 minutes ago, courtside said:

In October of 1947 L. Ron Hubbard wrote a letter (one of many) to the United States Government requesting money because of his money problems, bankruptcies, etc...and even after receiving some, he pleaded guilty to petty theft in 1948. He was convicted of fraud in France in 1978. 

Please don’t coddle this obnoxious behavior. The thread is about the Coronavirus, not a political soapbox.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

nobamacare among others.   obamacare is awful.   deductible too high, actual coverage was not sufficient and many times had nothing to do with the customer's own health situation.   you say better than nothing, not really if you cant afford it and it doesnt cover your scenario.    i know many of my self employed customers lost their wonderful plans and were stuck with nobamacare and were furious. 

besiides nobamacare, there were the horrible trade and environmental deals that were doing nothing but retarding trade and handcuffing american enterprises like gas and oil companies for example.   president trump erased them and other draconian regulations and businesses and the american economies took off.   

America First!   MAGA 2020

The former president of the "No political talk on the Board" Crusaders has now gone off the deep end!!!

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

nobamacare among others.   obamacare is awful.   deductible too high, actual coverage was not sufficient and many times had nothing to do with the customer's own health situation.   you say better than nothing, not really if you cant afford it and it doesnt cover your scenario.    i know many of my self employed customers lost their wonderful plans and were stuck with nobamacare and were furious. 

besiides nobamacare, there were the horrible trade and environmental deals that were doing nothing but retarding trade and handcuffing american enterprises like gas and oil companies for example.   president trump erased them and other draconian regulations and businesses and the american economies took off.   

America First!   MAGA 2020

Promise. This is my last post ion this. . Honest question. If Obama care is so bad why do the majority of Americans oppose it's repeal? 

1 minute ago, glazedandconfused said:

I see what you did there.

All NYC elites are not created equal.  Teddy Roosevelt and FDR were NYC elites.  It's not where you're from, it's where you're at.  

We live in a society based on science and technology.  Going forward, I'm not sure we have enough scientifically literate people in the political pipeline to responsibly govern.  And the scientific literacy of the electorate is alarmingly low.  Even if the pipeline problem was fixed, you'd still have the problem of voters who can't distinguish people between people who know what they're talking about and those who don't.

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

when one sees the light and works to take care of him/herself and fellow americans, you know you got a gem then.   they have at that point graduated from elite to deplorable as well.

I cannot with this post. 

22 minutes ago, courtside said:

i couldnt care less about hubbard.   i only gave him credit for a great quote.  quit trying to distract from the message.   would you rather i had taken credit for making up the quote myself?  

liberals like yourself are pitiful  go watch some soccer replays somewhere.

MAGA 2020

18 minutes ago, willie said:

Promise. This is my last post ion this. . Honest question. If Obama care is so bad why do the majority of Americans oppose it's repeal? 

i doubt that the majority of americas are opposed to it.   you probably heard that on cnn or msnbc or read it in a newspaper.  i have no doubt you will now send me a link to a 60 minutes or a new york times program or poll.  sighhhhhh

1 hour ago, ACE said:

The former president of the "No political talk on the Board" Crusaders has now gone off the deep end!!!

if i am questioned or attacked i respond.   i have absolutely no problem deleting this trainwreck thread. 

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This would not surprise me one bit considering how China was promoting some conspiracy theories about the US bringing it to China. One thing everyone should agree on is that whatever you think of the US response, China's government response has led to a lot of deaths.

One thing to note is that this article seems to hint that there was something untoward about studying coronaviruses in general in a BSL-2 lab instead of BSL-4. This is not necessarily the case, depending on the specific virus. We study COVID-19 at my work and the highest BSL we have is level 3. If it did escape from the lab though, it does suggest that the BSL-2 lab in question might not have been following actual BSL-2 procedures.

2 hours ago, willie said:

Most Americans get their healthcare through their employer so the increase in cost doesn't hit them nearly as hard. I'd love to see all US citizens covered for their health care. However there is no denying the cost of health care has risen significantly since the inception of Obamacare. My real problem is the Gov doesn't run any program well. None, zip, nada. I don't know the answer but there has to be a way better than what we have. I have come to the realization though that we will never get it as the 2 parties just continue to get farther and farther apart and neither can compromise as compromise makes you not a real Dem or Rep. As someone who has to pay for their own healthcare I went from $182 per month for a $10k deductible and 100% paid after that. Now I pay a little over $600 per month with a 6k deductible and not everything covered past that. So, nope not a fan of Obamacare. 

billiken_roy likes this

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Most Americans get their healthcare through their employer so the increase in cost doesn't hit them nearly as hard. I'd love to see all US citizens covered for their health care. However there is no denying the cost of health care has risen significantly since the inception of Obamacare. My real problem is the Gov doesn't run any program well. None, zip, nada. I don't know the answer but there has to be a way better than what we have. I have come to the realization though that we will never get it as the 2 parties just continue to get farther and farther apart and neither can compromise as compromise makes you not a real Dem or Rep. As someone who has to pay for their own healthcare I went from $182 per month for a $10k deductible and 100% paid after that. Now I pay a little over $600 per month with a 6k deductible and not everything covered past that. So, nope not a fan of Obamacare. 

Good post. Who did you purchase insurance through prior to the inception of the Affordable Care Act?

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i doubt that the majority of americas are opposed to it.   you probably heard that on cnn or msnbc or read it in a newspaper.  i have no doubt you will now send me a link to a 60 minutes or a new york times program or poll.  sighhhhhh

So I've looked at a lot of Polls not just left leaning media and polls and the majority of Americans do seem to be against the complete repeal. Closer depending on your source seem to want a reduction or changes. I think the reason most Americans are ok with it, is they only pay a small portion of their health care. I've seen figures saying Employers on average pay up to 82% of health insurance and 60% of Americans are covered through their employer. If you even take employers paying 75% the employee only realizes $75 of a $300 increase. To get all Americans covered including pre existing conditions it seems a small price to pay. However if the person had to pay the entire increase I bet the numbers supporting would be different. 

14 hours ago, Old guy said:

What is the  matter Spoon-balls, you do not want to say what kind of a Dr. you are going to be? I will guess it will be psychiatry, right?

First off, this has nothing to do with my above post. 

Second, what an absolutely embarrassing, sickening insult to some of the best and brightest students graduating from our SLU medical school this year, who are matching into a specialty which has quickly become one of the most competitive in the entire match process over the past five years. You consider yourself a Billikens fan? Be proud of our SLU graduates, no matter what their specialty is. God knows, we need more mental healthcare providers in this country, especially after this pandemic is all said and done. You sicken me, especially if you indeed are an MD. I don't need your validation, nor do any of the other professionals on this board. 

Blocked. 

3 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Good post. Who did you purchase insurance through prior to the inception of the Affordable Care Act?

I honestly don't remember. I never actually used it as I paid everything under 10k and never had a claim. 

I really don't have an answer on how to solve the problem and it is a problem. The US spends more money per capita by a significant amount and is not even rated near the top in quality of coverage. We have the same problem with education.  I want both sides to send reps and their "experts" into a room with an agreement that we live with whatever comes out and congress lives with the same plan. No one leaves to we have a new plan agreed to by both parties. 

5 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

First off, this has nothing to do with my above post. 

Second, what an absolutely embarrassing, sickening insult to some of the best and brightest students graduating from our SLU medical school this year, who are matching into a specialty which has quickly become one of the most competitive in the entire match process over the past five years. You consider yourself a Billikens fan? Be proud of our SLU graduates, no matter what their specialty is. God knows, we need more mental healthcare providers in this country, especially after this pandemic is all said and done. You sicken me, especially if you indeed are an MD. I don't need your validation, nor do any of the other professionals on this board. 

Blocked. 

My sister is a child psychiatrist and I couldn't be prouder of her. 

Spoon-Balls likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

if i am questioned or attacked i respond.   i have absolutely no problem deleting this trainwreck thread. 

That's not a very principled stand on the matter regarding political discussion on the board.

11 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I honestly don't remember. I never actually used it as I paid everything under 10k and never had a claim. 

I really don't have an answer on how to solve the problem and it is a problem. The US spends more money per capita by a significant amount and is not even rated near the top in quality of coverage. We have the same problem with education.  I want both sides to send reps and their "experts" into a room with an agreement that we live with whatever comes out and congress lives with the same plan. No one leaves to we have a new plan agreed to by both parties. 

Very little free market pressure in healtcare, in the few places that it exists prices goe down, an example is lasix eye surgery.govt mandates require so many things in a policy that some would rather not buy, such as maternity, mental health to name a few. a guy cant buy just what he wants or needs he has to buy the whole package. this could be a topic for a very long thread

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

Maybe you made the wrong decision.

Nope, I'm perfectly happy with my choice.

I think you just like being the big cheese medical guy on here.  You thought you were alone since no one else was posting paragraphs about every medical related thing.  You don't like thinking that anyone else has any similar knowledge to you.  Now that you know there are others, you are lashing out at them, trying to put them down to make yourself feel better.

How's that bit of psychiatry for you?

courtside likes this