SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-I am not an SVU fan but I don't understand taking joy in how it seems this season is ending for them and all teams, I would have like them go far, as in until we beat them for the second time in Atlanta

-this just sucks

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I am not an SVU fan but I don't understand taking joy in how it seems this season is ending for them and all teams, I would have like them go far, as in until we beat them for the second time in Atlanta

-this just sucks

It’s all just jokes. Sucks for them I was gonna cheer for them to go as far as they could for the A-10. 

25 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Looks like you're expendable DoctorB.  

In all seriousness, I don't know what differentiates between a gathering of 18,000 or a gathering of 12.  Airborne spreading seems to be universal in my limited knowledge.

C'mon, you really don't know the difference?

I understand the circumstances but I'm just devastated... we were out for everyone's neck. We were gonna be back to back tourney champs. Fuock Dayton, but also I hate to see their season end this way. 

It's all just so sad, I already miss basketball.

3 minutes ago, abas115 said:

I understand the circumstances but I'm just devastated... we were out for everyone's neck. We were gonna be back to back tourney champs. Fuock Dayton, but also I hate to see their season end this way. 

It's all just so sad, I already miss basketball.

Sports is such a great diversion.  FDR famously insisted Baseball continue during WWII.  But this is a different situation, a bigger immediate threat that has reached the Homeland.

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Duke and Kansas have both suspended all sports indefinitely. You would think the NCAA tournament final canceling is coming soon. Not sure why the NCAA is putting this on the individual schools/conferences

Was about to say “never mind on my theory, Duke, KU and the Mountain West are out of the tourney.”

54 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

When July 4th hits and the death rate in the US hasn't even hit 1000 people, and almost all deaths are pre-existing conditions, are we gonna look back on this and shake our heads?  Thanks China....

This is a horrible take. This goes back to my comments last night. IF this thing is contained everyone will say it wasn't a big deal. 

The president of Brazil now has it so our President is above average risk to have it. It is a big deal. 

9 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This is a horrible take. This goes back to my comments last night. IF this thing is contained everyone will say it wasn't a big deal. 

The president of Brazil now has it so our President is above average risk to have it. It is a big deal. 

What is there to be contained..other than a sickness?  The common cold and flu spreads just as fast..probably faster. People are panicking because its new and different. In 2008/09 nothing like this happened with H1N1...and it was way worse by the numbers.   A lot of people are going to have and get it, but 97-99 percent of them will recover just fine, unless something changes. This is all fear of the unknown. 

At this point, I guess the 2020 election is gonna be cancelled too so does the president and senators/reps all just get an extra year?  That is where this is heading

CBFan likes this

3 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

What is there to be contained..other than a sickness?  The common cold and flu spreads just as fast..probably faster. People are panicking because its new and different. In 2008/09 nothing like this happened with H1N1.. and there were thousands of deaths eventually.   A lot of people are going to have and get it, but 97-99 percent of them will recover just fine, unless something changes. This is all fear of the unknown. 

At this point, I guess the 2020 election is gonna be cancelled too so does the president and senators/reps all just get an extra year?  That is where this is heading

It's "new and different" and THOUSANDS have already died. That is a huge ass problem. I don't understand how people don't recognize this. 

slufan13 likes this

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

It's "new and different" and THOUSANDS have already died. That is a huge ass problem. I don't understand how people don't recognize this. 

Corrections, thousands died IN CHINA only...where thousands dying of the 1.2 billion people there is nothing.   And now its basically fading out in China.