SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, wgstl said:

Is it time to start a 20-21 season thread? or too soon? Im just really excited for that thread.

I guess the only way to get over the depression of not seeing one of the hottest teams in the country finish out the season is to think about our dominance next year. 

Just now, moytoy12 said:

I guess the only way to get over the depression of not seeing one of the hottest teams in the country finish out the season is to think about our dominance next year. 

Bingo. best way to turn frown upside down

2 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

nota bene: could they postpone, & not cancel, the tournament??  In football they often play bowl games a month or even more after their last regular game... just wondering??

Players are not going to be able to practice with campuses shutting down.

Technically they could do whatever they wanted.  However, based on that video we shared,  I don't see this running its course  come a month.  Plus logisitcs.  Plus practices.  Plus a whole bunch of things.  Best to leave it with an asterisk.

Just now, brianstl said:

for slu, players are flying directly home from nyc, not even going to st louis(other than natives..)

Just now, brianstl said:

Actually, my chair just an hour ago told a bunch of us, on a steering committee, that SLU campus is emphatically  "not shut down."  & promptly scheduled a meeting for next week, on campus.  I know the library is open, and all staff are supposed to report to work this week.  ... I do not know what that means for sports teams.  It sounds from above that these players are heading home, not to campus?  this is getting weirder all the time.

11 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

nota bene: could they postpone, & not cancel, the tournament??  In football they often play bowl games a month or even more after their last regular game... just wondering??

Logistically, seems highly unlikely. Outside of the health issues, gotta lineup facilities, figure out practice regulations, recruiting implications, etc. All of which would have to be done on a fast track after the “all clear” is given whenever that might be.

Looks like you're expendable DoctorB.  

In all seriousness, I don't know what differentiates between a gathering of 18,000 or a gathering of 12.  Airborne spreading seems to be universal in my limited knowledge.

21 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Covid  infected population will not peak for 2-3 months, if it follows a low pandemic Roughnt pattern.