SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Using “snowflakes” really strengthens the “argument.”  As for the rest of this post, read the 70 other posts that debunk whatever Fox News crap you’re trying to spread. 

"Fox News Crap" just puts you into the few trying to inject politics into the discussion. Lets just face it virtually all media outlets skew the facts to their agenda  by either or all of lying, omission, volume, etc …… It's pretty sad, but it's the way it is. 

Also do posters not understand the difference between troll and bad post?  You can disagree with Moy's post and think it's bad, but how the funk is Moy a troll?

billiken_roy and Taj79 like this

30 minutes ago, disgruntledbilliken said:

yOu ArE A tYpIcAL BuTt HuRt  LiBeral.

One really wonders where that SLU education went wrong with comments like this. 

i'm not the one who brought up the CRAP FOX NEWS COMMENTS.... where was your outrage about that???? did your SLU education fail you?????

12 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Out of reactions. Good post. The Fox Noise Disinformation scheme is a scourge on the country.

This isn't just true for Fox News, it's true for almost every media outlet in existence. Likely including whichever one you get your information from

Bills71 likes this

Just now, slufanskip said:

This isn't just true for Fox News, it's true for almost every media outlet in existence. Likely including whichever one you get your information from

LOL 😂 

It would be nice if all sides could put the political BS aside for a little while and come together as we go through what is going to be a difficult time period.  I know it is too much to ask, but you would think people would start directing attention to the most important things in life.  Make sure the people you love and care for know how much you love and care for them.  

jimbofive likes this

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

yes, keep on watching CNN loser.......unreal the intolerance......

I don’t watch TV to get my news because I’m not over the age of 70.

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

False equivalence alert 

Crewsorlose likes this

12 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

"Fox News Crap" just puts you into the few trying to inject politics into the discussion. Lets just face it virtually all media outlets skew the facts to their agenda  by either or all of lying, omission, volume, etc …… It's pretty sad, but it's the way it is. 

Also do posters not understand the difference between troll and bad post?  You can disagree with Moy's post and think it's bad, but how the funk is Moy a troll?

That's fair. And out of reactions, but good post. 

I listened to the Joe Rogan podcast with Michael Osterholm, the infectious disease expert so I get the seriousness of the disease but is the biggest reason to cancel the tournament liability?  NBA players probably have private gyms or have courts at their houses but with SLU and most colleges shutting down in person classes, if these kids go home wouldn't they just go to public gyms to play or workout?  Not like there isn't a risk then of getting the coronavirus.  And I would say they would be traveling commercial, going out at night and just being out in public more so probably a greater chance of catching it then being sort of isolated with the team preparing for games.  

Just like with SLU shutting down in person classes, I highly doubt that means all the kids just isolated themselves in rooms.  Would bet they are just crowded into more bars.  

4 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Nice diversion, you were asked about your crap Fox News comments....you are a typical, butt hurt liberal who has never got over the last election... mean while, you owe Roy and others an apology...

13 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

this is stupid.  if it is this bad, let's all just stay in our homes and play solitare.   no one works no one shops no one does anything.

snowflakes.  

there are more people with the flu in nyc then this virus in america.   where is the flu panic?

Using “snowflakes” really strengthens the “argument.”  As for the rest of this post, read the 70 other posts that debunk whatever Fox News crap you’re trying to spread. 

•  

Saying Fox News Crap or Snowflakes are both just people generally injecting their politics into the discussion. We all know Fox News leans hard right and snowflakes has become a common term for s young liberal. 

I was here when we had the off season board and it got bad due to politics in fact you can still (what 10 years later) see interactions that are swayed due to political affiliations and arguments that happened back then. We really do have a better board if we leave everyone's political agenda's out of the discussion especially when it seems the entire world thinks anyone who doesn't agree with them is an idiot. 

Well sh*t, 9am and I'm already out of reactions bad posting people.  This is the first time I've ever run out since I got extras for donating. 

I have a daughter with asthma and several relatives that I deeply care about who are elderly.  I'm sure almost everyone on this board can say the same.  I don't want anything to happen to any of those people or anyone else's medically fragile / elderly loved ones.  I don't give two sh*ts about anyone's politics, but if you're downplaying this thing or angry because your sports got cancelled then f*ck you.

What amount of people have to be at risk of losing their lives for everyone to be inconvenienced?

Here is an article you should read: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

is going to get worse quickly.  Much worse unless we all act accordingly.  American's aren't somehow immune to or better at stopping the spread of a virus than people in other countries.

Go Billikens.  Wash your hands.  Stay home if you're sick.  Don't be stupid / arrogant.

trying to read thru some of these posts.  Where I stand is this:  The virus isn't as bad as it sounds with everything going on. All this is about prevention and containment. 

12 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Well sh*t, 9am and I'm already out of reactions bad posting people.  This is the first time I've ever run out since I got extras for donating. 

I have a daughter with asthma and several relatives that I deeply care about who are elderly.  I'm sure almost everyone on this board can say the same.  I don't want anything to happen to any of those people or anyone else's medically fragile / elderly loved ones.  I don't give two sh*ts about anyone's politics, but if you're downplaying this thing or angry because your sports got cancelled then f*ck you.

What amount of people have to be at risk of losing their lives for everyone to be inconvenienced?

Here is an article you should read: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

is going to get worse quickly.  Much worse unless we all act accordingly.  American's aren't somehow immune to or better at stopping the spread of a virus than people in other countries.

Go Billikens.  Wash your hands.  Stay home if you're sick.  Don't be stupid / arrogant.

Out of reactions but great post and great article. My sister sent that to me this morning.

I texted my cousin last night to get her thoughts on all of this. She's an epidemiologist and runs a bioterrorism unit for DHS (this post will probably get flagged and I'll have 3 black Tahoes show up at my office). She was one of only a few that went to Western Africa during the Ebola outbreak a few years back. She's pretty badass. Asked her thoughts on NCAA allowing players to play but no fans and she said (nothing earth shattering): 

I would recommend avoiding all of the above to be honest. The more people, the more germs and opportunity to spread. But the 50 people is unsafe as well. People are simply not capable of property following the required protective hygiene guidance of washing their hands properly and frequently, not touching their face (I'm awful at that one), keeping 6 feet from other people, and coughing/sneezing into their elbow. The less people you're near right now, the better.

10 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I listened to the Joe Rogan podcast with Michael Osterholm, the infectious disease expert so I get the seriousness of the disease but is the biggest reason to cancel the tournament liability?  NBA players probably have private gyms or have courts at their houses but with SLU and most colleges shutting down in person classes, if these kids go home wouldn't they just go to public gyms to play or workout?  Not like there isn't a risk then of getting the coronavirus.  And I would say they would be traveling commercial, going out at night and just being out in public more so probably a greater chance of catching it then being sort of isolated with the team preparing for games.  

Just like with SLU shutting down in person classes, I highly doubt that means all the kids just isolated themselves in rooms.  Would bet they are just crowded into more bars.  

Better to keep athletes local as much as possible instead of traveling all over the country for a month playing games.  Lockdown means purposely limiting people's movements.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

trying to read thru some of these posts.  Where I stand is this:  The virus isn't as bad as it sounds with everything going on. All this is about prevention and containment. 

Decent article in Time explaining how/why this is closer to the common seasonal flu than anywhere near what SARS or MERS was.

https://time.com/5798168/coronavirus-mortality-rate/

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Better to keep athletes local as much as possible instead of traveling all over the country for a month playing games.  Lockdown means purposely limiting people's movements.

I think there probably is a push by the people working on government responses to keep sports going as long as possible.  If you want people to stay at home as much as possible, providing them entertainment in their home will help you achieve that goal.

21 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

I don’t watch TV to get my news because I’m not over the age of 70.

False equivalence alert 

Maybe my statement should read almost every major media outlet. Are you contesting that there are numerous media outlets that lean heavily left? 

You may be one that cares enough to research where you get your info and if so, good for you, However, you're one of the few. 

12 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

The bolded is exactly the question that decision makers have to make right now without enough information to make a confident decision.  If coronavirus really is 10x more deadly than the flu, then all these lockdown measures to slow down the spread seem justified to me.  

slufanskip likes this