SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

In China they literally took people out of their homes forcefully or locked them inside. 

The brilliant part about the "Coronavirus Truthers" is that if the preventative measures work as intended there will be a lot of unironic "told you so...nothing even happened" 

I am not a "truther"..this should not be politicized.  I just don't ever remember people freaking like this for anything else ever...  Like someone said, they played the tourney through WWII. Hopefully all is well. 

1 hour ago, glazedandconfused said:

@Old Guy’s ability to turn 20 words worth of substance into 100 words is a comfort in these trying times.

words increased exponentially similar to some of the charts from reported cases in Washington.image.thumb.png.e721bf0c113a98fdaf78e70f2bad0e67.png

9 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

What question? How is this different than the flu?  That has been asked and answered.  And at this point I have little tolerance for an idiocracy that is driving our society off the cliff. Block me, curse me, make fun of me, but I’m out of fuoks to give at this point. 

Nice diversion, you were asked about your crap Fox News comments....you are a typical, butt hurt liberal who has never got over the last election... mean while, you owe Roy and others an apology...

13 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

this is stupid.  if it is this bad, let's all just stay in our homes and play solitare.   no one works no one shops no one does anything.

snowflakes.  

there are more people with the flu in nyc then this virus in america.   where is the flu panic?

Using “snowflakes” really strengthens the “argument.”  As for the rest of this post, read the 70 other posts that debunk whatever Fox News crap you’re trying to spread. 

•  

11 hours ago, Old guy said:

Come on Cheeseman, who are the "experts" that say this thing has 10X the mortality rate of influenza? Where did they get their data from? I bet you cannot answer either question.

The CDC put the chart out.  The experts testifying to Congress yesterday said the same thing.  The CDC got the information from the Chinese Center for Disease and Prevention.  So you lost the bet.

MusicCityBilliken likes this

17 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The CDC put the chart out.  The experts testifying to Congress yesterday said the same thing.  The CDC got the information from the Chinese Center for Disease and Prevention.  So you lost the bet.

Excellent work. One small blow in stopping the spread of a disease worse than the coronavirus, that being deliberate ignorance.

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Nice diversion, you were asked about your crap Fox News comments....you are a typical, butt hurt liberal who has never got over the last election... mean while, you owe Roy and others an apology...

this is stupid.  if it is this bad, let's all just stay in our homes and play solitare.   no one works no one shops no one does anything.

snowflakes.  

there are more people with the flu in nyc then this virus in america.   where is the flu panic?

Using “snowflakes” really strengthens the “argument.”  As for the rest of this post, read the 70 other posts that debunk whatever Fox News crap you’re trying to spread. 

•  

hahah imagine defending grown adults using the term snowflakes and trying to defend Fox news as a legitimate news source. You’re part of the problem you just don’t realize it.

billikenbill likes this

It would suck for SLU, but if I were the NCAA, I'd probably cancel all conference tournaments. Then make the NCAA tournament bracket with minimal travel for each team even if it means messing with seeding. Release the bracket ASAP and let teams travel before it gets worse. Then re-bracket the tournament after the first 2 rounds to further cut down on travel. 

Or I may just cancel all-together. 

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

snowflakes.  

•  

yOu ArE A tYpIcAL BuTt HuRt  LiBeral.

One really wonders where that SLU education went wrong with comments like this.