SLU & NCAA Corona Virus Discussion

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I think we've played our last game.

This sounds crazy, but does this affect the jimmerson red shirt?  I seem to remember it depended on the number of games we played 

Just now, SluSignGuy said:

This sounds crazy, but does this affect the jimmerson red shirt?  I seem to remember it depended on the number of games we played 

Now there's a real fan. Cutting right to the long-term implications.

I'd like to think there will be a lot of exceptions made for these extraordinary circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'd like to think there will be a lot of exceptions made for these extraordinary circumstances.

I think I have my priorities straight... 

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

@BIG BILL FANyou dislike (or assert a troll rating to) numbers and facts? 

It's quite popular among a certain % of current Americans to deny facts and science. Remember when it was a thing to laugh at people that thought the world was only 4000 years old, thought the moon landing was fake, vaccines weren't needed? Those deep thinkers are now driving the bus.

5 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Jesus, good question. I believe it was based on the regular season +1 (guaranteed conf tourney game).  Theoretically, could screw up the math, but for the love of god you’d think the NCAA could make an exception here. 

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Jesus, good question. I believe it was based on the regular season +1 (guaranteed conf tourney game).  Theoretically, could screw up the math, but for the love of god you’d think the NCAA could make an exception here. 

It would be cruel if the double bye kept us from playing a game

15 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Just looked it up. It’s 30% of all games so he’s good as he only played in nine.

I’m middle of the road in most things in life. I have had to talk my patients off the ledge for most of the past several days, and try to make sure my 3 year olds wash their hands properly. What I don’t understand is closing schools/day cares. We need medical professionals like myself and many on this board to be able to go to work to care for our patients, yet kids that practically cannot get the disease are being forced home. If someone was already there to take care of them, daycare wouldn’t be needed! 
In real life, basketball games are not too important and if they are delayed or cancelled it stinks but life moves on. These other decisions really can screw up people’s lives. I hope this all turns out ok for all of you...

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Just Gotta get a lawyer to just say force majeure a lot.

6 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Just looked it up. It’s 30% of all games so he’s good as he only played in nine.

Crisis averted! 

Sorry to add more stress to Billiken fans in these otherwise calm times

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I only half jokingly expect to wake up tomorrow and half the country will have by the way the night is going so far.

I hear ya. 
I am getting ready to go to bed half expecting a phone call canceling work for the rest of the week. If that call comes My first stop will be Schnucks for more booze then I’ll head over to Kenricks meat market for massive amounts of beef.
Then it’s time for a Tom Hanks marathon!!

If I’m going to be quarantined I’m doing it in style!!

Just now, dlarry said:

I hear ya. 
I am getting ready to go to bed half expecting a phone call canceling work for the rest of the week. If that call comes My first stop will be Schnucks for more booze then I’ll head over to Kenricks meat market for massive amounts of beef.
Then it’s time for a Tom Hanks marathon!!

If I’m going to be quarantined I’m doing it in style!!

What’s disappointing is that you don’t already have the stockpile of booze to get you through times like these. 

slufanskip and RUBillsFan like this

Just now, bills10 said:

What’s disappointing is that you don’t already have the stockpile of booze to get you through times like these. 

I could make it.
Ive got plenty of hard stuff and my beer fridge has 3 30 packs in it at all times but in this type of crisis You really need a nice craft beer selection.