NCAA tickets

I called the Billiken box office to inquire about purchasing NCAA tickets. They said we are basically on our own and have to purchase them through whatever venue we play at. They indicated all the SLU allotment are going to coaches and players families. I didn’t go last year so I don’t know how that worked. I did go when we were in Orlando and, as I recall that process, we were mailed order forms to purchase tickets for all rounds at least a couple of weeks ahead of time so we knew we would have tickets and only had to arrange transportation and lodging once we found out the venue. They said they would email all season ticket holders if they got an additional allotment. This is completely different than I recall. In Orlando we had a big block of Billiken fans behind our bench. The other 3 schools in the regional had the same. Does anyone know if things have changed since then or how this works? It greatly enhanced the experience surrounded by fellow Billiken fans as apposed to being spread out throughout the venue.

2 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Does anyone know if things have changed since then or how this works? It greatly enhanced the experience surrounded by fellow Billiken fans as apposed to being spread out throughout the venue.

If I remember correctly for San Jose, there wasn't a specific block. I know the school paid for some SLUnatics to go, but when I bought tickets, I went for the cheapest ones I could find with a decent view of the court. (I moved over to the SLU section after arriving anyway. The venues are big enough so it's easy to find open seats just about anywhere.)