GM over St. J by 5

The winner of this game will play St. B....The winner of the St. B  game will play us on Fri.

.................Overall...........Trending

GM...............C......................C

St. J..............D.......................D-

We could be looking at back to back St. B

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

The Bonnies will be motivated.  At 350 miles or so from Olean to Brooklyn, will they have a home "crowd?"

Yes. But it is better to play them from the crowd standpoint FRI afternoon than Sat. or Sunday afternoon. The St. Bona students and fans were there en masse last year on Sunday, and their crowd Saturday was good too.

20 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The Bonnies will be motivated.  At 350 miles or so from Olean to Brooklyn, will they have a home "crowd?"

Imagine St. B on Thur having to play GM or St. J...While they will be favored...it will not be an easy game for them...after St J/GM soften them up...they then have to play a rested team(The Bills) who just whupped them by 23 pts when St. B  was rested.  Maybe they will try to press us again ...that should be interesting from a team that will be tired. They will need a lot of motivation just to keep the game close.  As for their fans...assuming they have to get to their seats by 1PM...they will have to leave at about  7AM  and drive 350 miles to see the Bonnies play a team that just gave them a beat down....Their fans,  too, will have to be very motivated.

While there is no perfect situation in the A-10 tourney,  I would say this is about as good as we could have  hope for.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Oh yeah.   They were the best represented team in brooklyn last year.

48 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Imagine St. B on Thur having to play GM or St. J...While they will be favored...it will not be an easy game for them...after St J/GM soften them up...they then have to play a rested team(The Bills) who just whupped them by 23 pts when St. B  was rested.  Maybe they will try to press us again ...that should be interesting from a team that will be tired. They will need a lot of motivation just to keep the game close.  As for their fans...assuming they have to get to their seats by 1PM...they will have to leave at about  7AM  and drive 350 miles to see the Bonnies play a team that just gave them a beat down....Their fans,  too, will have to be very motivated.

While there is no perfect situation in the A-10 tourney,  I would say this is about as good as we could have  hope for.

230 tip off time in New York, so might not need to be in their seats for another hour, but point still stands. I like this situation and hope it turns out favorably!

-I'm not buying the tired team that played the prior day, we won 4 in 4 playing basically 6 guys, Valpo just played 4 in 4, heck some years ago UConn won 5 in 5, it happens, I believe on the MVC broadcast I saw 16 times 4 in 4 has happened, these kids play the game and get professional treatment and nutrition to do it the next day, my point is we better be ready for StBonnie or whoever the heck we have to play because they will be ready for us and StBonnie will have just been whupped by us and will remember last year's final

On 3/8/2020 at 11:06 PM, NH said:

Our game will be filled with Dayton fans (and potentially VCU). It will be interesting to see who they root for (I don’t think it will be us).

Or maybe just players, coaches, necessary staff and family.  How would that change the potential outcome for the game????

6 hours ago, A10Ref said:

@The Wiz How do you think this performance changes GM trending? Any chance of knocking off the Bonnies?

This performance doesn't change GM 's numbers much ...they beat  a weak St. J team by about what they were supposed to.  The Bonnies are the better team ....but have been trending weak lately ...which will make the spread close....but GM just doesn't have enough ....