GDT: Beat the Bonnies and win the bye contest

CBFan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tremendous, dominant win for the Billikens over a good St. Bona team.  SLU took them completely out of their game.  Schwartz, following the A10 conventional wisdom re SLU, came out in a Pack Defense, which SLU largely incinerated.  But the even bigger story was the SLU Defense, which intimidated and took the Bonnies right out of the game.

Bravo Billikens!

2 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

This has been a fun season, i dont want it to end. lets win the a10 and a couple of ncaat games

To hell with a couple, let's win six!!

rgbilliken and slu72 like this

This team was projected to finish 7th in the A10 and be no where near an at large team heading into the season, and that was before Jimmerson and Thatch went down for the year. 

This team is far better than the team that won the A10 tourney a year ago. Great job by Ford and the team. 

Not just 5 straight wins, but 5 straight DOUBLE DIGIT wins. Amazing. 

Zink, rgbilliken and Crewsorlose like this

25 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Was Jacob's on the bench?  Watched the game on TV but couldn't tell if he was on bench in street clothes.

Yea he was at the end by Thatch in a white t-shirt.  Seemed into it during warmups, smiling and happy.  

15 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Yea he was at the end by Thatch in a white t-shirt.  Seemed into it during warmups, smiling and happy.  

Thanks.  Here's hoping he is practicing all next week and out of the "dog house" by Friday.

34 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

This has been a fun season, i dont want it to end. lets win the a10 and a couple of ncaat games

The wife and I stuck around a long time after the game.

We cheered the seniors and the coaches.  Coach Ford spoke to the crowd and then we cheered the team off the court.  When there was nothing else left we reluctantly left Chaifetz, the regular season was over and we just did not want to let go.

Your spot on Dennis it was a fun season I just hate it when it’s over.

14 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The wife and I stuck around a long time after the game.

We cheered the seniors and the coaches.  Coach Ford spoke to the crowd and then we cheered the team off the court.  When there was nothing else left we reluctantly left Chaifetz.

We did too.  Everyone's right, this has been a fun team to watch grow over 4 months.  Terrific progress and I think it's safe t say, nobody wants us right now. Honestly, I was pretty bullish beginning the season but this group has FAR exceeded my expectations. Go Bills, one week from tonight we will be playing for a Dance bid...