GDT: Beat the Bonnies and win the bye contest

CBFan

I can’t sleep in, I am too fired up for this huge game.

What a treat to be playing for something so big in March the last game of the season.

A win today gives SLU its 5th straight conference win, at least a fourth place finish in the conference, a 2 game improvement in the conference record than last season and 1 more step closer to a potential NCAA invitation with 3 tournament games remaining.

Goodwin and French you are the team leaders this is probably the biggest home game ever in your SLU careers, lead this team to victory today.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Brighton said:

You act as though we’re an SIUE who’s doing this for the first time.

Not true, and thanks for the snarky post on such a great big game day.

I am a long time fan maybe longer than you have been alive.  I appreciate what today’s game means and I will be at the game today so as a season ticket holder this is a treat and I am so excited.

Why don’t you post something positive?

This is your inspiring thought about the game?

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I am a long time fan maybe longer than you have been alive.  I appreciate what today’s game means and I will be at the game today so as a season ticket holder this is a treat and I am so excited.

Plus we haven’t been in this position for 6 years. Playing for a double bye AND an outside shot at an at-large bid still. We should be pumped.

CBFan likes this

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-about 1100 tickets left, I hope the ADept can have a miraculous day selling them 

The number of Stub Hub tix went from 560 yesterday to around 70 this morning. I think this will be the 2nd best attended game of the season. No ice storm, and all of those MVC fans whose team lost might want to come over to the 'Fetz. I have two season tix, but I'm rolling with a crew of five tonight. Go Bills!

13 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Plus we haven’t been in this position for 6 years. Playing for a double bye AND an outside shot at an at-large bid still. We should be pumped.

I think last season we were playing for the bye on the Bonnies court last season but I could be wrong.

It seems like the Bonnies are always in our way when playing to lock down something.

I am sure the Bonnies would like some pay back from the conference tournament last season.

The road win against RI and Richmond gives me some confidence that our team will get this done today and sneak into the big dance with 2 conference tournament wins.

37 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

The number of Stub Hub tix went from 560 yesterday to around 70 this morning. I think this will be the 2nd best attended game of the season. No ice storm, and all of those MVC fans whose team lost might want to come over to the 'Fetz. I have two season tix, but I'm rolling with a crew of five tonight. Go Bills!

I hoping we make it look like a full house on tv.  Only two issues.  One;  the high price seats that are always on tv since they are behind the teams benches---high rollers, either be there tonight or make sure your tickets are used.  Two;  I hope we have a big turnout of students since they really are the difference maker with regard to crowd noise.

One final point.  no more A Craig at halftime.  That was a sorry display at the last game.  I also don't need, or want his , now getting old look at me, attempts to get the crowd involved.  At a game like this we will be involved.  Craig, stick to revving  up whatever students show up.

29 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Yea we were but not still in at-large play

Good point, it’s a great position to be in.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

No, I’m tired of this program being treated as the little engine that could. It was in 1987. Not now.

2 minutes ago, Brighton said:

No, I’m tired of this program being treated as the little engine that could. It was in 1987. Not now.

This 2019-2020 billikens team is young and came into this season with low expectations. It's not a negative indictment of the program at large to be excited that we're playing for a double bye in the a10 tournament today. 

RiseAndGrind likes this

53 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Are you coming to the Chaifetz CBFan?

Yes sir the wife and I for the last game of the season.

I wanted to meet you and your wife sometime so let’s try to meet at Chaifetz today.

18 minutes ago, Brighton said:

We are not Duke, Kentucky or any other blue blood that is in the NCAA tournament every single season.  The fans of the power teams don’t appreciate in my opinion the hard work that it takes to get the big dance.

I appreciate the hard work that our team has done to be in this position down 2 players.  I appreciate the emergence of new plays like Collins, Perkins, Bell, and Hargrove that has made the consequences of the outcome of this game so big.

What are you excited about with today’s game?