Transfers and grad transfers - 2020

ACE

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

now now, duke doesnt pay their players.   they do have a history of getting the players parents undeserved over paid employment and housing situations, but never the proverbial bag o money.  

i heard that the father of a missouri player was paid 120k annually to be a janitor at walmart. dont know if it was true, got it from a somewhat reliable source

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i heard that the father of a missouri player was paid 120k annually to be a janitor at walmart. dont know if it was true, got it from a somewhat reliable source

there are a lot of Duke player parent stories out there similar to this.   I believe coach K's standard rebuttal is he cant control what duke geographical area businesses do to fill their employment needs or something to that effect.   how stupid does he think we are?  

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I heard that the father of two Mizzou players was paid millions to be an "assistant coach" of a really bad basketball team.

10 minutes ago, almaman said:

120k annually to be a janitor at walmart

Finally a hero that's getting decent compensation, I hope all the heroes still working for us are equally rewarded :)

seriously... 120k should be the starting salary now

58 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Matt haarms from Purdue is leaving to become a GT. 7’3 - I want big time 

I can't stand that cockatiel-looking Dutchman but man oh man would I love him as a Billiken.

Honest question: How many minutes would someone like Haarms log at SLU?? Looks like he averaged about 20 per game this season at Purdue. I would think he'd buy eyeing schools promising 30+ MPG, no?

29 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I can't stand that cockatiel-looking Dutchman but man oh man would I love him as a Billiken.

Honest question: How many minutes would someone like Haarms log at SLU?? Looks like he averaged about 20 per game this season at Purdue. I would think he'd buy eyeing schools promising 30+ MPG, no?

Good question, he probably would not want to share minute with Bell and French but I would like him to.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Matt haarms from Purdue is leaving to become a GT. 7’3 - I want big time 

From Lafayette Journal & Courier

WEST LAFAYETTE - In a surprising move, Purdue center Matt Haarms has decided to enter the NCAA transfer portal. 

The school made the announcement Monday. Haarms informed coach Matt Painter on Monday of his intentions, sending ripples through the program, the Big Ten and the college basketball world. 

Haarms, one of the most energetic players in program history, was heading into his senior season with the Boilermakers. He averaged 8.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and two blocks last season. He is scheduled to graduate this spring and would be eligible to play immediately next season at another school. 

The native of Amsterdam moved in and out of the starting lineup as Purdue battled an up-and-down season, sharing time with Trevion Williams at the center spot. Painter played both Haarms and Williams together early in the season but didn't stick with the lineup as the Boilermakers dealt with inconsistent play from nearly every spot on the roster. Plus, the lineup never produced the results the coaching staff was hoping to see. 

Haarms can return to Purdue but he's expected to receive a lot of interest from across the country. The press release said Haarms finished his career fourth in school history in career blocked shots if you're into reading tea leaves. 

Haarms didn't have the type of season he was expecting and injuries played a role. He suffered a concussion at Nebraska in December and missed the next two games. He sustained a hip flexor in the double-overtime loss at Michigan but did play in the next game - the blowout win over Michigan State. 

While Haarms didn't have a great season, no one else on the team did either. He didn't play to his own standards and you could see the frustration mount in certain games. Haarms was also faced with battling the league's top centers nearly every night and the physical style isn't his best attribute.

if this haarms guy agreed to being the third big behind french and bell i am very much for going after this guy!!   betting bell could learn a lot from just playing against him in practice.  

but i dont want to retard bell's development by benching him. 

CBFan, drkelsey55, HenryB and 1 other like this

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

if this haarms guy agreed to being the third big behind french and bell i am very much for going after this guy!!   betting bell could learn a lot from just playing against him in practice.  

but i dont want to retard bell's development by benching him. 

Agree. I'm sure Haarms is looking for more than what we can offer. Very modest numbers as a junior at Purdue. Give Bell more development and minutes and he's better than that. 

billiken_roy likes this

I assume Haarms will end up at a blue blood school in need of a starting big. He was a major piece on an elite eight team and is a defensive game-changer. He won't be going anywhere as a backup.